Best Special Teamer Ever = Worst Announcer Ever

eschej13

As bad as Randy Cross and Tasker are, I offer Joe Theismann as THE worst ever.

Watching the first pre-season game with the redskins on the NFL network, I was stunned at how bad Theisman was and how many mistakes he made. The guy is enamored with the sound of his own voice.

I hate when the local announcers give a "good call" on what is obviously a bad call just because it went in favor of their team. Theisman did that at least twice.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Watching the first pre-season game with the redskins on the NFL network, I was stunned at how bad Theisman was and how many mistakes he made. The guy is enamored with the sound of his own voice.

I hate when the local announcers give a "good call" on what is obviously a bad call just because it went in favor of their team. Theisman did that at least twice.

OK - you got me there - it's a tie between Theisman and Bill Walsh.

Joe's so bad I probably blocked him out of my mind. He's definitely the stupidist announcer I've heard on an NFL broadcast.

The TV announcers this preseason was Steve Tasker and Ray Bentley. I was thinking something similar from last weeks' broadcast- Bentley really has a classic announcer's voice. If he can ever figure out what down it is, he could go places in that business.

Even better if he would wear that Alice Cooper eye-black in the booth sometime.

I live just outside of Grand Rapids, Mi. Ray Bentley grew up in our area and is a regular on a local sports station morning show. I love it when he is on - he is funny and always has really good commentary.

Sounds like all the NFL preseason games use local guys (especially retired players) to do their games. Cleveland's no different and if you think all these other guys are bad you should see Bernie Kosar on the air. The guy does this bad attempt at a combover, looks unkept and uncomfortable in front of the camera, and has this scratchy, gravelly voice. Grammar isn't that good and usually ends up slurring his words by the second half at the latest.

The real kicker is that he's IMO one of the best analysts I've ever listened to. The guy is hugely insightful, explaining formations on both sides, what the QB's trying to do and is thinking etc. Just painful to listen to though.

Sounds like all the NFL preseason games use local guys (especially retired players) to do their games. Cleveland's no different and if you think all these other guys are bad you should see Bernie Kosar on the air. The guy does this bad attempt at a combover, looks unkept and uncomfortable in front of the camera, and has this scratchy, gravelly voice. Grammar isn't that good and usually ends up slurring his words by the second half at the latest.

The real kicker is that he's IMO one of the best analysts I've ever listened to. The guy is hugely insightful, explaining formations on both sides, what the QB's trying to do and is thinking etc. Just painful to listen to though.

I've been known to start slurring my words by the second half as well. But then I'm usually in front of the TV and not on TV.