Farewell to all, you guys are great fans.... I mean that!

DIE HARD 1967

This thread serves as a GREAT honey pot. Now, with all the posts carefully marked to review we can start evaluating who should be fitted for the proverbial TBD cement shoes. Well done Die Hard! It saved us a ton of time. :thumbsup:

Want me to start a "Farewell, cruel board!" thread and maybe draw out a few more for you?

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Die Hard,

I just signed up yesterday to this board after reading your post - I was compelled to do so....For One Reason....I have to say thanks for the memories!! If you ever practiced at the old Camelot Hotel on Milestrip road, I'm certain our paths have crossed. The assistants would let my friends and I help retrieve balls and set up obstacles on the practice field, etc....From this 53 year old kid.....thanks for the great memories!!!!

[/b]

Too bad we had to switch him to OT to shore up poor O-line play.. Cunningham??

It is a shame. He played on some "BAD" BILLS teams, and left just as OJ was showing signs he could be the star the team drafted.

Costa was one of my favorites!

Oh an Tom YOU are on the list already lol

J/K

Jason, Wow you choose to love the Bills? I thought it was a childhood disease I caught. :sick:

Costa was also one of my favorites. I loved that catch where he laid out to pull the pass. Out standing!

Remember the traffic that evening??

i remember waiting in the parking lot for about 2 hours and then waiting in traffic another hour to get home. we started a touch football game in the parking lot to kill time while we waited...most people took it in stride and made the best of it. they had traffic flow almost figured out by the next home game.

I am Chidi Ahanotu, and I will remain on the board.

I will, however, be posting from Toronto from Monday-Friday.

I'm guessing that was funnier in your head.

Still not too bad. :thumbsup:

For what it's worth, the only Bills player who officially was on the roster from '67 through '72 was Dick Cunningham, OT, Arkansas.

You are correct, there are a couple that are close (Howard Kindig 67-71 then played for Miami in 72, John Pitts, 67-72 and a couple of games in 73) and Paul Costa played from 65-72 and Paul Guidry 66-72.

well the poster did say a 'playoff birth' was possible, so mistaking his 'berth' day isn't out of the realm of possibilities :devil:

Hmmm.....If this ex-player has the correct birthday (6/13/46) listed in his profile, I have some questions. Nobody on the Bills roster between 1967-1972 was born on that day. Nobody on the 1967 team was born in 1946. If you assume that only the birth year is right in the profile, three players played from 1968-1972 with the Bills and were also born in 1946. So, either this person is (A) full of it or (B)got their birthday wrong in their profile and didn't know what year they started with the Bills when they posted their farewell. Just for fun, the Bills went 17- 64- 3 between 1967-1972 including two 1 win seasons (1-12-1 in 1968 and 1-13 in 1971).

Hmmm.....If this ex-player has the correct birthday (6/13/46) listed in his profile, I have some questions. Nobody on the Bills roster between 1967-1972 was born on that day. Nobody on the 1967 team was born in 1946. If you assume that only the birth year is right in the profile, three players played from 1968-1972 with the Bills and were also born in 1946. So, either this person is (A) full of it or (B)got their birthday wrong in their profile and didn't know what year they started with the Bills when they posted their farewell. Just for fun, the Bills went 17- 64- 3 between 1967-1972 including two 1 win seasons (1-12-1 in 1968 and 1-13 in 1971).

I use a fake birthday in my profiles most of the time, and I keep the same month.... and so, I am confident it is Howard Kindig.