SI: Bills 3-13

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The author has drunk the "Jets are the best team out there" cool aid. He's also paying more attention to the "national press" about the Bills than about the Bills themselves. Bills will be 5 - 11 at worst and 8 - 8 at best. It will be an entertaining season and one to build off of.

The author has drunk the "Jets are the best team out there" cool aid. He's also paying more attention to the "national press" about the Bills than about the Bills themselves. Bills will be 5 - 11 at worst and 8 - 8 at best. It will be an entertaining season and one to build off of.

+1

Yeah. Looks like they are headed in the right direction. Not alot of talent on the team though. We are mega weak still on the lines and LB core. We play in a tough division for sure. I expect us to be anywhere from 3 to 8 for the win column.

I really can't argue with any of these negative reviews of the Bills.

The fact is that although the Bills have pockets of talent, going back years the Bills have drafted poorly. You can't waste 1st round picks like the Bills have and expect to do well. If you blow a first round pick, the impact is felt for years. McCargo, Losman, Mike Williams, Bledsoe (1st round pick) were all wastes. Even if one of those players turned into a pro-bowl player the Bills would have a better foundation to build on. Instead, it will take years to overcome those issues.

So this is clearly a rebuilding year. I would be happy with 6 wins, given we see some growth of our players and start to see some star power out of a few more players.

I think that we are going to surprise them and some others. I am choosing not to have high expectations (so that I will not be disappointed). Yet, for the first time in a long time, I think that we have a GM and head coach who know what they are doing. If I were a betting man, I would bet that our record will be better than last year's record. We may even flirt with the playoffs.

Going out on a limb on that prediction? The Bills have had records between 5-11 and 8-8 for last 8 years or so. To be honest I would rather be 0-16.

Going out on a limb on that prediction? The Bills have had records between 5-11 and 8-8 for last 8 years or so. To be honest I would rather be 0-16.

Yeah, I know, but apparently none of the sports writers bother looking at past records or what the team currently looks like. They come up with the "Bills are the worst team out there" crap and just repeat it and repeat it until everyone starts believing it. Don't get me wrong, this team has some big holes to fill, but they did last year too. They had an inept head coach and still went 5-10 (Colts game was a gimme since they benched their starters after the 1st quarter).

They now have what appears to be an inventive head coach who actually knows how to run an offense. They are making the switch to the 3 - 4, which will be hard to watch (at least at the beginning). But they had a good draft and have looked like a real football team for the first time in a long time.

And I call bull**** on your 0-16 preference. No real fan wants to see his team go winless.

Yeah, I know, but apparently none of the sports writers bother looking at past records or what the team currently looks like. They come up with the "Bills are the worst team out there" crap and just repeat it and repeat it until everyone starts believing it. Don't get me wrong, this team has some big holes to fill, but they did last year too. They had an inept head coach and still went 5-10 (Colts game was a gimme since they benched their starters after the 1st quarter).

They now have what appears to be an inventive head coach who actually knows how to run an offense. They are making the switch to the 3 - 4, which will be hard to watch (at least at the beginning). But they had a good draft and have looked like a real football team for the first time in a long time.

And I call bull**** on your 0-16 preference. No real fan wants to see his team go winless.

that piece on sanchez was just soft. no discussion on pros/cons from last year, no discussion on inconsistencies in his game, nothing about per-season year to date. the leadership angle is fine, but that's about all he's got. and the dolphins doing everything well? even couched the way he did, it's pure fluff. in truth, the dolphins tanked last year after winning the division the year before. the jets certainly weren't world beater most of last year, though they went on a pretty nice run last year.

oh--and the part about 0-16 is absurd. tough to build it back up when you suck that awful bad.

Edited by timmo1805

I would rather go 3-13 instead of 8-8, and help this rebuilding process move along faster. Do you think that if we really sh#t the bed and went like 1-15 that gaily would get canned?

Yeah, cause its worked so well for teams like the Rams, Bucs, Raiders, Browns, Chiefs, Should I go on?

Don't forget the Lions.

The good teams are good because they draft well, not because of where they draft.