Have ever you hated a player in the NFL?

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to hate Bryan Cox until I waited on him a few years back in Naples, Florida. He was incredibly nice and well-mannered and even signed a joke autograph for my aunt.

You see, my family moved to Florida when I was a young kid and it really upset me. To cheer me up, my Aunt went to Bills practices and would send me autographs and newspaper clippings about the Bills(I was about five years old when we moved and she continued to regularly send me stuff until I hit the teenage phase). Anyway, I was talking to him about it and how strange waiting on him was after rooting against him for so many years, and he gave me an autograph to give my aunt. It read: "To Aunt _____, Sorry about the finger -Bryan Cox." When I think about the man now, that is all I remember.

P.S. sorry for hijacking the thread. I just thought I'd share that since his name is coming up so much.

Edited by fallen627

In all seriousness, it just so happens that I HATED (in a sports hate healthy way) both Doug Flutie and Terrell Owens before they wore the Bills red, white, and blue...or in TO's case, the Bills red, white, dark blue, bright blue and gray... I never liked either of them at all. Of course, that is the curse of being a Bills fan...wouldn't it figure, after years of building up a loathing for them, the Bills would sign them. TO kind of grew on me (though I still think it was a stupid signing), and I just kind of ignored Flutie, the man, as much as I could. He had his moments... also always hated Fred Smerlas.

Edited by Buftex

Deion Sanders. I am a Yankees fan and I hated Deon when he was a Yank. No good punk. I will never forget him getting his feeling's hurt and responding by pouring ice water over McCarver, then McCarver calling him out "you are no man Deon". Deon was not a football player. Football players tackle. He is on par with a kicker, and I am pretty sure half the kickers in the league could give him a wedgie.

most of 'em. i have a lot of hate to give.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=middlefinger/061127

brian cox, class act all the way.

Ditka flipped off a group of fans on the way to the locker room at halftime and gave a gratuitous crotch grab to another group after the game. The Saints fined him $20,000.

:lol: Really can you picture Tom Landry doing that? Lttle class guys.

Not a player but a coach, I hated Jimmy Johnson when his Cowboys were beating the Bills in the Super Bowls. Then he went to the Dolphins? :censored:

Deion Sanders. I am a Yankees fan and I hated Deon when he was a Yank. No good punk. I will never forget him getting his feeling's hurt and responding by pouring ice water over McCarver, then McCarver calling him out "you are no man Deon". Deon was not a football player. Football players tackle. He is on par with a kicker, and I am pretty sure half the kickers in the league could give him a wedgie.

He was so talented it was hard for me not to like him. He was so great

Bryan Cox. Even after all these years I swear I would jump the curb to run him over.

Hate is a strong word, but doesn't really come close to my viscereal feelings toward the entire Patsie organization. Long live the Bills.

Bryan Cox. Even after all these years I swear I would jump the curb to run him over.

That was exactly who I thought of before even opening the thread...

Tom Brady would be a close second. I can't stand how the Bills drill him into the ground time after time and a split second before he gets hit, he delivers a perfect throw to his receivers and completes the pass.

romanowski and rodney harrison came to mind first

I can't believe it took this long to get to Harrison.... that's my vote. If you're going to be a cheap a** player, then be it. He would be cheap, and then hide. I Always wanted to roundhouse that guy.