Name a surprise cut before it happens...

sharper802

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

gonna go out on a limb: Maybin.

Give you an A for effort but Maybin isn't going anywhere

How many here did not have Trent making the team?

As much as I think Trent's lack of production was DJ and AVP, I thought it was 50/50 he would be the QB pre-draft. After not taking a serious QB contender in the draft or trading for Troy Smith(I really thought this was going to happen) my guess was 90/10 he was going to be the starter.

I don't get all this "cut Hardy" business. Would the same people be saying "cut Moulds"? Moulds was not doing much at this time of his 2nd year either (and also went on to do nothing during his 2nd regular season too). Sure, Moulds was a 1st rounder, but many people thought Hardy could be a 1st rounder too.

My cuts surprise:

Steve Johnson

McCargo

Good call - I agree.

I was going to originally put Green but with Wang getting hurt I think they will keep him. If Meredith had shown something I think he might have gotten the start at RT or if Wood was 100% maybe they take a chance on less experience at RT.

Mitchell is a possibility too. I just think Kelsay brings so little else to the team. If he had been a decent pass rusher like Schobel one could see him moving back and forth from OLB/DE if the defense switches back and forth in the game. Now if that happens I would bet it would be Ellis or McCargo getting those reps at DE.

Well I'm not sure I understand your connection with Wang and Green. Both play different positions and therefor wouldn't be relevant to each other in the cutting process. Wood would never play RT, if anything he will eventually move to Center.

I've got to disagree with you (a little) on Kelsay. He's certainly a tough player to defend, but he does play the run, not good, but very good. That's is the sole reason he is on the field, when he is. I actually think a bigger and easier case can be made about Schobel's ineptness. But everything else you have said I agree with. Go Bills.

Mitchell. Hardy. McCargo.

I'm not saying I disagree with the Hardy selection, as he is a popular choice for obvious reasons. But if we give up on him, he will get signed in a day or two. I just don't want to regret not being sure about him, as I think anyone will admit, we're not sure whether he can play or not.

900 Baby! I'm movin' on up, to the deluxe apartment in the sky.

Edited by Buffalonian-at-Heart

There's a chance Fitzpatrick won't make the final roster cut. Brohm has looked reasonably solid so far in preseason--at least by the Bills' standards. Fitzpatrick makes a lot of money; and I think the Bills would like to avoid paying that salary if possible. If Fitzpatrick doesn't offer significantly more than Brohm as a #2, and if Levi Brown seems like a good developmental prospect as a #3, it's possible Fitzpatrick could be on his way out the door.

This is not another "Ralph is cheap" post. However, it's a fact that due to changes in revenue sharing and the salary cap, it's harder for small market teams to stay competitive financially. That means that if you have a high salary that isn't associated with a corresponding increase in the on-field product, you're best served by eliminating it. Granted, larger market teams should do the same, but their larger revenue bases mean they don't get hurt as badly by wasting a little money here and there.

Alan Faneca

Adam Pacman Jones

Charlie Whitehurst

Willis McGahee

Mike Vrabel

Lito Sheppard

Deion Branch

As for the Bills, the big surprise to the media would be Cornell Green, but no real surprise to anybody who's watched the preseason games.

Alan Faneca

Adam Pacman Jones

Charlie Whitehurst

Willis McGahee

Mike Vrabel

Lito Sheppard

Deion Branch

As for the Bills, the big surprise to the media would be Cornell Green, but no real surprise to anybody who's watched the preseason games.

If WHitehurst, Deion Branch, or Vrabel are available, then you pick'em up....

I don't think there are many surprise cuts. Unless you are hands down 1st team, a part of the 3 headed monster or a very good back up, your job is on the line. If they don't fit in one of those categories they can and might go.