In your opinion...

tbonestake

That was the first thing I thought about when I was watching the game.

i would hope not, but it was the THIRD pre-season game and that is one that teams usually use to very weakly try to assess the REAL team, so my answer is no, with the obvious caveat that the colts were missing some quality starters.

What is this, an essay question? Who cares what the respective scores were against the colts? The scores don't matter anyways in preseason. If you are versed enough to watch football and follow the game and the individual performanes of the players, just do that

What is this, an essay question? Who cares what the respective scores were against the colts? The scores don't matter anyways in preseason. If you are versed enough to watch football and follow the game and the individual performanes of the players, just do that

:oops: I see the Xanax hasn't kicked in yet today...

Edited by tbonestake

In my opinion the first game didn't prove that the redskins were beter than us ... it just proved they tried to win the game more than we did.

In my opinion the second game didn't prove we could beat (or even play on the same field) the colts ... it just proved we tried to win the game more than they did.

In my opinion the colts/packers game said nothing about the "skill level" of either team ... it just showed which team wanted a preseason win more than the other.

Nope. The Packers were a very good team in the NFC last year and will be one of the top teams in the NFL this year. A lot of people are saying that Aaron Rodgers is one of the best QB's in the league (and for years to come).

Plus, the Colts were the AFC Champions last year.

Does Green Bay's absolute manhandling of the Colts diminish the significance of our victory last week? If so, how? If not, why not?

No. It's preseason... by definition there is no significance to the victory last week, as the games don't count... as evidenced by the team's continued 0-0 record in games of significance for the 2010 season. You can't diminish something that doesn't exist.

Edited by transient

Funny. Is there a drug out there that prevents people from asking stupid questions?

If there is I haven't found it yet

:bag:

No. It's preseason... by definition there is no significance to the victory last week, as the games don't count... as evidenced by the team's continued 0-0 record in games of significance for the 2010 season. You can't diminish something that doesn't exist.

Cosmic...:blink:

Does Green Bay's absolute manhandling of the Colts diminish the significance of our victory last week? If so, how? If not, why not?

Maybe a little, but our preseason win over the Colts didn't hold much significance in the first place. We also don't fully know what the Colts may have been tinkering with in either game.

Can't judge much of anything done by 3rd stringers and guys fighting for roster spots. Plus, the manhandling included 31 second half points.

Edited by flopagamo