Where's all the MAYBIN defenders?

Where's all the MAYBIN supporters? Against 2nd-3rd-4th teamers he got nowhere last night. He looked too small, took bad angles again and if we were playing pig he would have a B-U-S-_ so far. Some people can tolerate his showboating but it gets obnoxious after a while. We have no pass rush unless we send a safety blitz. He was supposed to be that pass rush. Nothing I've seen from him in 2 years can explain why we took him at #11. A move to a new position, that will do it. Well, it hasn't. I don't know why he's on this team. I love Penn State but he's no Shane Conlan. Please cut his little ass!

Could you imagine if we had Orakpo or Mike Oher right now instead of MAYBE? Either of those 2 players would make our team instantly much better. The draft 2 years ago produced some nice players for us, but our #1 pick is another first round B-U-S- _ !

Perhaps the team needs to start trading down since the first round goes poorly and later rounds go well. I'll put that in Buddy's suggestion box

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just watched the second half again and Maybin smacks the QB when he was running upfield pretty hard. A legal hit with no penalty. The next play, the QB just drops the ball when it was snapped, and the Bills recovered, which easily could have been a direct result of being dazed by the hit. I have no problem with him doing that. He also made some nice plays including two in a row to stop a drive in the middle of the third period. He honestly didn't look bad out there at all.

I know! Its literally this unfounded conspiracy based on the fact that Maybin doesn't have any sacks and isn't starting over Torbor. No one even watches the tape and just assumes he is playing terribly, when in fact, he is making plays.

In his defense..............

He is hustling to the ball all the time. Actually running plays down from behind. Often you see him running "off camera" only to return back to the play. He could benefit form developing some some smarts about how he chooses to get to the ball.

The "dirty" plays discussed were overblown. The "hit" on Fred Jackson was no hit at all. There was not a "pop" to be heard on the video from the contact. It was a "two hand touch" manuever from an angle that knocked Fred off balance. I've seen the same thing in flag and touch football. You rally to the ball, extend your hands and end up knocking the guy down. The roughing call on McNabb was questionable too. Aaron lunged at him (not even using his 1 step)during the release, hit him across the upper body (not the helmet) and took him over backwards to the ground. The weight of his body did not land on him either as it was just his arm and shoulder over McNabb's body. The actual contact with the ground looked violent and late but it was just the end of a legal hit, IMO. McNabb's lobbying had something to do with it.

Being switched to LB, which many thought was a better fit at the NFL level, was not going to work immediately. In fact there are a slew of college rush ends that are/have been converted. It's something of a trend. It pretty much makes any such draftee a project. Many of college football's best pass rushers are these hybrid players. Maybin, Coleman, Moats, Batten on the Bills, Orakpo, English, Scot are some others. Watch Steve Means at UB. He is a 240 lb. end that will probably get a shot at the NFL under similar circumstances.

The punkish behavior is not atypical. It's lifestyles of the young, rich and famous. Remember the "Love Boat" in Minnesota? I'm sure there has been plenty of cross border traffic by the Bills players over the last few decades. In his defense he is not married and did not commit a crime and I did not hear any report of him mistreating any of his "guests." That being said, I think his career would benefit from some maturity sooner rather than later.

Edited by JESSEFEFFER

I'm here.

Still waiting for him to hit his mid-twenties and play a few real football games under the new regime.

Still not ready to call this kid a bust. Give him some time. He's a kid who's first year was plagued by idiocy at the coaching level.

Outside of Byrd and Shobel, who was better than "okay" last year on defense?

Give this kid a break. Let him have this season to prove himself.

Go Bills!

I'm with you on this, give him time to develop. WOW so much hating out there. What would cutting him now do for The Bills.

GO BILLS !!!!!

Coaching staff is treating him as if he is a rookie. He was kept in the game to get snaps and experience. Hopefully they see the tengibles they can use to mold him to a solid player. I can't imagine he was good enough at Penn state to be a first round pick, but can't even be a solid NFL back up.

I'm in the "cut Maybin some slack" camp. Yes, he's been a disappointment so far, yes, it's not likely he'll ever be what we want from that high a draft pick. But he's very young, and let's see what can be made of him. He's still very much a work in progress, and there's no downside I can see of letting him play and perhaps improve.

The characters issues I don't see, though I'm not privy to locker room stuff. Bruce Smith used to act like an ass all too often (though of course he had the game to cause us to ignore that). To compare Maybin to Rodney Harrison, as someone did here, seems way over the top to me.

I don't understand why some people are obsession about him.

Where's all the MAYBIN supporters? Against 2nd-3rd-4th teamers he got nowhere last night. He looked too small, took bad angles again and if we were playing pig he would have a B-U-S-_ so far. Some people can tolerate his showboating but it gets obnoxious after a while. We have no pass rush unless we send a safety blitz. He was supposed to be that pass rush. Nothing I've seen from him in 2 years can explain why we took him at #11. A move to a new position, that will do it. Well, it hasn't. I don't know why he's on this team. I love Penn State but he's no Shane Conlan. Please cut his little ass!

Could you imagine if we had Orakpo or Mike Oher right now instead of MAYBE? Either of those 2 players would make our team instantly much better. The draft 2 years ago produced some nice players for us, but our #1 pick is another first round B-U-S- _ !

Right here. This is his second season. Everyone knew he would have to be developed. He's switching positions. He needs to step it up and play better. He's also said he needs to play better which I give him credit for. At least he's not whining like you and others on this board. Stop it. Orakpo and Oher are on other teams. They ain't coming to give you your wet dream. I can imagine if you hadn't been on the board crying I could have not wasted two minutes of my day. Your post is a BUST.

Edited by purple haze

Right here. This is his second season. Everyone knew he would have to be developed. He's switching positions. He needs to step it up and play better. He's also said he needs to play better which I give him credit for. At least he's not whining like you and others on this board. Stop it. Orakpo and Oher are on other teams. They ain't coming to give you your wet dream. I can imagine if you hadn't been on the board crying I could have not wasted two minutes of my day. Your post is a BUST.

It's amazing we have one thread with fans worrying about Brown getting picked up if we try and pass him through waivers to get to the practice squad...and another with fans interested in cutting Maybin. Talk about a guy that would be picked up in a second.

First round picks generally get more slack by virtue of that selection. But otherwise guys on the roster are here because of their immediate impact or future potential. Once it's decided they have neither, they get cut.

Maybin as a late round selection would still be getting slack on future potential. He's not even dipped into first round bonus slack.

I dont understand the desire to get rid of a guy so quickly? He's barely played and he's extremely young. What because he can be cocky? If you read his blog at aaronmaybin.com he doesn't seem to be a terrible guy, cocky or not.

We're not exactly loaded with talent. Maybin is the type of guy in camp you see promise in and hope he can make it. He's certainly not a guy you want to hope we're going to cut.

Not even close.

Yes Maybin will get more time to develop, but he has'nt shown why he was picked so early in the first place, when he got in games last year he ended up on the ground most of the time, the Cleveland game he came in for Schoebel, and got pancaked on 2 straight plays. Maybe someone should question Tom Modrak about the players he keeps insisting have such great potential but end up mediocre at best.

Maybin was one of the worst picks the Bills have made in years. Most all the experts said he was raw, but he is a different 2 3 letter word -- BAD. What a waste. Orakpo or Oher would have made a much bigger difference

nonsense... we could just as easily ruined Oher or Orakpo