Skoobydum

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn you!

:w00t:

Nothing fancy, a Lamadrid 2008. But very tasty. Argentinean Malbec is one of the better values in wine these days, IMO.

Well, I've not tried it, but I'll start looking. Malbecs are a blending wine (again, nothing you don't know). If you're drinking a Bordeaux - guess what - you're drinking a significant portion of Malbec. So those damn Argentinians have found a way to offer me a Bordeaux that is purchased with U.S. dollars against the Argentine peso, and have given me the same wine at 30% less.

Damn them!

Anyone else noticing a LOT of low snaps to Brohm? It's causing an extra-split-second that is not helping him out.

Yes, but it hasn't flustered him. Which is a good sign.

Well, I've not tried it, but I'll start looking. Malbecs are a blending wine (again, nothing you don't know). If you're drinking a Bordeaux - guess what - you're drinking a significant portion of Malbec. So those damn Argentinians have found a way to offer me a Bordeaux that is purchased with U.S. dollars against the Argentine peso, and have given me the same wine at 30% less.

Damn them!

Other "blending wines" like Petite Sirah and Barbara are among my favorite reds.

Yes, but it hasn't flustered him. Which is a good sign.

Agreed on that, Dean. I'd just like to see him get some time with the ones to get a real fair evaluation of him. I think the encouraging thing is that we're seeing Trent play well (and I'm not a believer) and Brohm playing pretty well, too. Whoever ends up at #1 really needs to be pushed here, and we know from Trent's history that we need a strong #2.