Rather be in our position than the Redskins?

AllDayADay

Lets think about it, the Redskins had all the benefits of the game last night.. and we stood in there for a little bit.

I know you guys are harsh, but I was very impressed with the first drive by our offense and our first defensive stance.

I really liked the quick screen pass to Lee Evans, something we were missing in years past. I thought Trent got the ball away quickly against the blitz to hit Roscoe. I liked seeing the fade route to Lee, even though it was a bad call.

I thought our defensive was good to begin with but we didn't do too much as compared to the Skins who blitzed almost every down and were treating this like a regular season game.

I mean even Joe Theisman said it, who is pro Skin and a complete idiot when it comes to the Bills, that the whole game was going the Redskins way.

From the bad calls from the referee to Reggie Corner making really dumb uncharacteristic mistakes.

It really wasn't that bad.

We are really missing Poz, but there should be a void when he is not in there. He is our captain on defense. I hope things start to come together for this team, when him and Wood, Green and Bell get back.

Guys were "tired" and its because most of these guys never been through a true pro two-a-day and now they've been going 2 straight weeks with two-a-days when the Skins were fresh from only practicing once a day and then having a walk-thru in the afternoon. We didnt have a spark from even our most explosive players.

I believe this was a wake-up call, but I am glad where we are than the Redskins, because they really arent a better team than us, they really just got lucky and went alll out in this PRESEASON game. Good to look bad in preseason if it benefits in the regular season.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets think about it, the Redskins had all the benefits of the game last night.. and we stood in there for a little bit.

I know you guys are harsh, but I was very impressed with the first drive by our offense and our first defensive stance.

I really liked the quick screen pass to Lee Evans, something we were missing in years past. I thought Trent got the ball away quickly against the blitz to hit Roscoe. I liked seeing the fade route to Lee, even though it was a bad call.

I thought our defensive was good to begin with but we didn't do too much as compared to the Skins who blitzed almost every down and were treating this like a regular season game.

I mean even Joe Theisman said it, who is pro Skin and a complete idiot when it comes to the Bills, that the whole game was going the Redskins way.

From the bad calls from the referee to Reggie Corner making really dumb uncharacteristic mistakes.

We are really missing Poz, but there should be a void when he is not in there. He is our captain on defense. I hope things start to come together for this team, when him and Wood, Green and Bell get back.

Guys were "tired" and its because most of these guys never been through a true pro two-a-day and now they've been going 2 straight weeks with two-a-days when the Skins were fresh from only practicing once a day and then having a walk-thru in the afternoon. We didnt have a spark from even our most explosive players.

I believe this was a wake-up call, but I am glad where we are than the Redskins, because they really arent a better team than us, they really just got lucky and went alll out in this PRESEASON game. Good to look bad in preseason if it benefits in the regular season.

you're saying all this bs because you're a bills fan.

ps. to say that they got lucky is dumb. sorry. they beat us good. outplayed us in all areas of the game. luck played no part in this.

Maybe we wont be so "tired" against Indy and have a better showing. I know ... Chan can make them go to bed two hours earlier next time.

When I say luck I mean.. Calls are going your way, a ball bounces right back to you when you fumble, dont get a penalty called when it should be.

When I say tired I mean... legs are tired, without spunk, have no energy in your body from training hard.

C Biscuit.. Trent even said that they didnt even watch film on the Skins. I wouldn't be surprised if they did gameplan against us. It seemed they put a lot more stake in the game than we did.

When I say luck I mean.. Calls are going your way, a ball bounces right back to you when you fumble, dont get a penalty called when it should be.

When I say tired I mean... legs are tired, without spunk, have no energy in your body from training hard.

C Biscuit.. Trent even said that they didnt even watch film on the Skins. I wouldn't be surprised if they did gameplan against us. It seemed they put a lot more stake in the game than we did.

As soon as that comes into play, i stop reading. Every team has penalties that are not called or called on them. Good teams find ways to bounce back from those penalties.

We flat out lost, It was only the first pre season game.

The game showed how far this team has to go and how inferior our talent is. Washington kicked out butts all night long. Don't give me the crap we had a nice first drive on off and def. on 3 and 13 after the penalty on Stupar, Trent did not have the balls to throw 13 yards downfield for first down yardage in a preseason game. He check downed and the team checked out. This team has no leaders. Trent may be yakkin it up in practice but he has yet to show he can lead on the field with his play. This team has a great shot at the number one pick next year.

I know people are grasping for answers for the Bills poor play but c'mon. There was no film on either of these teams in these schemes. They both have new staffs and are transitioning into 3-4 defenses, etc.. It's as simple as this: the Skins defense overmatched the Bills offense and the Skins offense gouged a confused Bills defense for big plays.

I know people are grasping for answers for the Bills poor play but c'mon. There was no film on either of these teams in these schemes. They both have new staffs and are transitioning into 3-4 defenses, etc.. It's as simple as this: the Skins defense overmatched the Bills offense and the Skins offense gouged a confused Bills defense for big plays.

Yep. Nobody has to "gameplan" physical domination.

They really aren't a better team than us? Go back to your avatar's doobie, man, they are much farther along in their rebuild. Much farther.

They have a proven, excellent QB. We don't. They have a proven excellent NT, even if he doesn't want to play in that system. We don't. They drafted one of the two good LTs in the draft. We didn't. They have a proven ROLB who can rush the passer. We don't. Those are the four crucial positions, QB and LT on the offense and NT and ROLB on a 3 - 4 defense. The Skins have guys to fill those positions and we don't. And they also have an LOLB who can also rush the passer, an option in the 3 - 4 that greatly increases the ability of your pass rush to wreak havoc.

They're not better than us? Saying that destroyed an otherwise decent post.

I appreciate you trying to find something positive because you are a Bills fan, and that is cool. I am usually as optimistic as anyone on this message board. However, on the whole we were terrible the other nite, save for the run blocking and the running of Simpson and Bell. Our starting QB looked as lost as he has in the past, and our defense was out of position in pass coverage something awful. (and that includes LB's and DB's) But to say that Reggie Corner is making "uncharachteristic" mistakes is ridiculous. The guy has been terrible since he put on a Bills uniform other than the Broncos game two years ago. He is small, slow, and has lousy hands. He is definitely NOT an NFL caliber player, simple as that. He typifies why we have been so bad for so long. Just not talented enough to be in the NFL. I would put Trent and several others in that category as well.

I admit I am trying to find something positive about the first preseason game, but what TRUE Bills fan wouldnt?

The second drive by the Skins offense, which you guys call "dominating" was extended 2 or 3 times on 3rd down. One was a roughing the passer call on Maybin (Hey, at least he was by the qb). The other two were conversions by a half a yard and a favorable spot.

Listen, I am not trying to make excuses for this team, but you guys definitely go way harder on them than what an unbiased fan would.

You guys act like you like seeing a bad product on the field.

ITS PRESEASON... See the glass half full!

I admit I am trying to find something positive about the first preseason game, but what TRUE Bills fan wouldnt?

The second drive by the Skins offense, which you guys call "dominating" was extended 2 or 3 times on 3rd down. One was a roughing the passer call on Maybin (Hey, at least he was by the qb). The other two were conversions by a half a yard and a favorable spot.

Listen, I am not trying to make excuses for this team, but you guys definitely go way harder on them than what an unbiased fan would.

You guys act like you like seeing a bad product on the field.

ITS PRESEASON... See the glass half full!

You are actually much easier on this team than any unbiased person would be.

We were totally and completely outplayed from start to finish. I'm really tired of the bad call, officials are against us bull ****. Been hearing it for the last 10 years and it is !@#$ing bull ****.

Just admit it, we sucked. Yes it was preseason game number one. But please admit it, we were outplayed. Not screwed by the officials or God. We sucked. Please. Don't hide behind "true fan" nonsense. See it for what it was. A horribly played and coached preseason game. No more but certainly no less either.

And for the record, it was not just a bad product on the field. But a disgustingly horrible product.

The good news is, there is nowhere to go but up from that performance.

Guest dog14787
You are actually much easier on this team than any unbiased person would be.

We were totally and completely outplayed from start to finish. I'm really tired of the bad call, officials are against us bull ****. Been hearing it for the last 10 years and it is !@#$ing bull ****.

Just admit it, we sucked. Yes it was preseason game number one. But please admit it, we were outplayed. Not screwed by the officials or God. We sucked. Please. Don't hide behind "true fan" nonsense. See it for what it was. A horribly played and coached preseason game. No more but certainly no less either.

And for the record, it was not just a bad product on the field. But a disgustingly horrible product.

The good news is, there is nowhere to go but up from that performance.

Lets see, we have one the youngest teams in the NFL when it comes to experience, we just installed a new defense and offense, and oh, lets not forget, we just hired a whole new coaching staff/HC along with a new GM.

Myself personally ( after calming down a bit), I predicted 9-7 or better and I'm not throwing in the towel yet,

I still Billieve...