Rather be in our position than the Redskins?

AllDayADay

Lets see, we have one the youngest teams in the NFL when it comes to experience, we just installed a new defense and offense, and oh, lets not forget, we just hired a whole new coaching staff/HC along with a new GM.

Myself personally ( after calming down a bit), I predicted 9-7 or better and I'm not throwing in the towel yet,

I still Billieve...

The skins are doing the same things (not sure about the "youth" part).

I'm not saying you shouldn't Billieve. I just think it is time we stop blaming God, the officials, and a international conspiracy against the Bills is all. When we play great, revel in it. But when we suck, say we sucked. Stop making excuses.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dog14787
The skins are doing the same things (not sure about the "youth" part).

I'm not saying you shouldn't Billieve. I just think it is time we stop blaming God, the officials, and a international conspiracy against the Bills is all. When we play great, revel in it. But when we suck, say we sucked. Stop making excuses.

The Raiders beat Dallas 17-9, San Fran crushes the Colts, so what,

Its the first preseason game, we just need to get over it already...

The Raiders beat Dallas 17-9, San Fran crushes the Colts, so what,

Its the first preseason game, we just need to get over it already...

The said this in another thread, do you know how many first team offense haven't scored a TD?... to which people had no response or it was well there 1st team was only on the field for 2 series. The bills were on for 4. Some bills fans just don't get it. They expect to see change fast. And if it doesn't happen fast then we suck and will suck. Pre-season means nothing, this game was a glorified practice scrimmage. Why read into it? Hell the Detroit Lions went 4-0 in preseason, then went 0-16. I'd rather lose a game and know that we need some improvements then go 4-0 and think we are fine, then get killed in the regular season.

Guest dog14787
Like all games. You get over it at kickoff of the next one.

What happens against the fish in the opener is all that really matters...

Guest dog14787
Well the first game that really matters. Very true. We can only hope the Bills team from Friday night does not show up that day.

Injuries serve as setbacks, Fred Jackson was a big part of the offense and now someone less experienced has to step in.

Gailey wants to run the ball, Jackson goes down, then Lynch , kinda screws up the mans game plan, short and long term.

Injuries serve as setbacks, Fred Jackson was a big part of the offense and now someone less experienced has to step in.

Gailey wants to run the ball, Jackson goes down, then Lynch , kinda screws up the mans game plan, short and long term.

True, but I think it makes us work on other weaknesses, like the passing game and play action. We know Fred can run the ball. I just wanna see all 5 guys start these games forward. We need them to gel!

But that's what some people missed about Friday's game. We averaged 8.1 ypc which is crazy. If it was a real game, if Gailey wasn't running it every down while they were averaging 8.1 per carry, he should be fired on the spot. A lot of what he wanted in the first game was to see what the QBs could do and get them on film.

And Jackson/ Lynch are proven commodities. Like them rest and have fresh legs for the regular season. If there is any position where you can miss camp and be fine, it's running back.

C Biscuit.. Trent even said that they didnt even watch film on the Skins. I wouldn't be surprised if they did gameplan against us. It seemed they put a lot more stake in the game than we did.

There are two thoughts to this....The Redskins wanted to show their fans that their changes in the off season are for the better and may be game planned for this game. The Bills on the other hand want to continue to be Vanilla and show anything up.

Having said that, whether you are game planned or vanilla, the player efforts will show if we are a good team or not. Our team did not come out looking good.

I couldn't agree more. The Bills sat out 3 starting lineman, Poz, Kelsay and a lot more, plus we showed a basic set all night. The foreskins did blitz and did treat this like a starting game which shows the differences with coaching styles. I hope Chan mixes it up and did show the basic package to try and get a good read on players. One atricle said it looked a lot like last year, because it was so basic. I hope we change come Sept.

i love people pulling out the vanilla excuse. this is not the Super Bowl era Bills, people! They played vanilla because it didn't matter for them they strictly needed to evaluate 2nd and 3rd stringers. Our Bills for the past 10 years are mismanaged and lack talent and coaching.

I couldn't agree more. The Bills sat out 3 starting lineman, Poz, Kelsay and a lot more, plus we showed a basic set all night. The foreskins did blitz and did treat this like a starting game which shows the differences with coaching styles. I hope Chan mixes it up and did show the basic package to try and get a good read on players. One atricle said it looked a lot like last year, because it was so basic. I hope we change come Sept.

Last years Redskins looks like this years Bills in the preseason.

Very lackluster and they had trouble scoring.

The difference is the Redskins have a we want to win now attitude where the Bills have a we want to win someday attitude.

Other teams feel that they can totally turn it around in a year. Where the Bills feel that it will take at least 3 years.

This was the first preseason game under a new system for the Bills. Just as the Redskins. The difference is talent, on the field as well as coaching talent. Don't fool yourself the 3 lineman, Poz and Kelsay are not difference makers, they are very mediocre at best. But the Redskins had defensive starters playing into the 3rd ie Riley, Haynesworth.

I expect the Bills to show better but I also think the fact that Chan figures he can get TE to be a big league QB puts the Bills exactly where they were last year this time. The Redskins knew that they had to get rid of Campbell if they wanted to win so they got McNabb and Grossman both looked better than any Bills QB. Both have taken teams to the superbowl.

While the Bills have been complacent on QB talent.

I feel the Bills will eventually field a better team but it doesn't seem like the urgency is there.

The Redskins are in a better position if winning is the goal.

The game showed how far this team has to go and how inferior our talent is. Washington kicked out butts all night long. Don't give me the crap we had a nice first drive on off and def. on 3 and 13 after the penalty on Stupar, Trent did not have the balls to throw 13 yards downfield for first down yardage in a preseason game. He check downed and the team checked out. This team has no leaders. Trent may be yakkin it up in practice but he has yet to show he can lead on the field with his play. This team has a great shot at the number one pick next year.

I'm pretty sure that was a RB screen play, not a check down.

Guest dog14787
But that's what some people missed about Friday's game. We averaged 8.1 ypc which is crazy. If it was a real game, if Gailey wasn't running it every down while they were averaging 8.1 per carry, he should be fired on the spot. A lot of what he wanted in the first game was to see what the QBs could do and get them on film.

And Jackson/ Lynch are proven commodities. Like them rest and have fresh legs for the regular season. If there is any position where you can miss camp and be fine, it's running back.

Without the proper balance run vs. pass, the run game would have been shut down in my opinion and although the starting offense did make some mistakes, they also made some plays in the passing game.

Gailey is not going to lay his cards all out on the table in his very first preseason game and actually I doubt Gailey shows a whole lot of anything before the first regular season game. Gailey is all about getting back to the basic fundamentals of football and the mans no fool so for anyone who is expecting to see allot of razzle dazzle through the preseason, its not going to happen.

Without the proper balance run vs. pass, the run game would have been shut down in my opinion and although the starting offense did make some mistakes, they also made some plays in the passing game.

Gailey is not going to lay his cards all out on the table in his very first preseason game and actually I doubt Gailey shows a whole lot of anything before the first regular season game. Gailey is all about getting back to the basic fundamentals of football and the mans no fool so for anyone who is expecting to see allot of razzle dazzle through the preseason, its not going to happen.

Gailey is not a big razzle dazzle coach to begin with. He's conservative.

As far as the 8.1 ypc single data point, if one actually watched the game then it was pretty clear that the Redskins players were also in a new defense and making a lot of mistakes. They were miles and miles away from being in mid-season form and clicking. There was obvious confusion in the run defense from the very beginning and several big runs by the Bills really inflated the average.

Last years Redskins looks like this years Bills in the preseason.

Very lackluster and they had trouble scoring.

The difference is the Redskins have a we want to win now attitude where the Bills have a we want to win someday attitude.

Other teams feel that they can totally turn it around in a year. Where the Bills feel that it will take at least 3 years.

This was the first preseason game under a new system for the Bills. Just as the Redskins. The difference is talent, on the field as well as coaching talent. Don't fool yourself the 3 lineman, Poz and Kelsay are not difference makers, they are very mediocre at best. But the Redskins had defensive starters playing into the 3rd ie Riley, Haynesworth.

I expect the Bills to show better but I also think the fact that Chan figures he can get TE to be a big league QB puts the Bills exactly where they were last year this time. The Redskins knew that they had to get rid of Campbell if they wanted to win so they got McNabb and Grossman both looked better than any Bills QB. Both have taken teams to the superbowl.

While the Bills have been complacent on QB talent.

I feel the Bills will eventually field a better team but it doesn't seem like the urgency is there.

The Redskins are in a better position if winning is the goal.

What other goal is there?? :lol::wallbash: :wallbash:

Guest dog14787
Gailey is not a big razzle dazzle coach to begin with. He's conservative.

As far as the 8.1 ypc single data point, if one actually watched the game then it was pretty clear that the Redskins players were also in a new defense and making a lot of mistakes. They were miles and miles away from being in mid-season form and clicking. There was obvious confusion in the run defense from the very beginning and several big runs by the Bills really inflated the average.

I remember Gailey using a little bit of razzle dazzle with Slash/Cordell Stewart