Will The Bills Starting Offense ....Score a TD in Preseason?

PDaDdy

Well tonight is the first look we will get at the Bills in live action this year. The question in my mind, as it was last year, is "will the Bills first team offense score a TD in the preseason?" Some love to point out that preseason "counts for nothing", "It's meaningless", "We run a base offense", etc. Well looking in the rear view mirror the inability of our first string offense to score in preseason DIRECTLY translated to the regular season last year.

Another question I have in my mind is "Will Gailey pull the plug on the 4th year of the Trent Edwards failed experiment if the offense pulls up lame out of the gate?" I have been one of the BIGGEST Trent bashers but in reality I want the team to do well and for that to happen TRENT has to do well. Last thing I want to see though is another year of futility with rubber arm ballless Cpt Checkdown playing not to lose. I SO hope I am wrong.

Man I hope you guys are right. It's not the end of the world if they don't but Gailey has said the starters will play a little longer than might be expected for the first preseason game. Equally as important as scoring a TD, I want to see sustained professional drives. 1 or 2 plays with a missed assignment, a short field type TD is still a TD but I want to see these guys look competent.

This will sound silly but I think if the first team does score it will be Spiller or Evans. That is obviously not a stretch to think either of the two fastest guys on the team might score. It looks like Evans is going to be used like a #1 this year as Gailey has the guy running various routes including crossing routes. Spiller is just a TD waiting to happen. If he gets a hole to run through and a LB isn't correct with his technique Spiller COULD make them pay.

I'm not going to let my self get caught up in the optimism. I say it every year but still I do. I am prepared for the worst but hope for the best.

PS Even though I think Trent is a career back up at best I hope that Orakpo doesn't rush past Meredith and literally kill the kid.

I believe the starters will score a touchdown tonight.

I'm really tired of the Trent experiment. If he doesn't show something very early on, then its time to put it to rest and move on. However, I do have a feeling that he will be much improved this year due to better coaching a stronger playbook.

Well tonight is the first look we will get at the Bills in live action this year. The question in my mind, as it was last year, is "will the Bills first team offense score a TD in the preseason?" Some love to point out that preseason "counts for nothing", "It's meaningless", "We run a base offense", etc. Well looking in the rear view mirror the inability of our first string offense to score in preseason DIRECTLY translated to the regular season last year.

Another question I have in my mind is "Will Gailey pull the plug on the 4th year of the Trent Edwards failed experiment if the offense pulls up lame out of the gate?" I have been one of the BIGGEST Trent bashers but in reality I want the team to do well and for that to happen TRENT has to do well. Last thing I want to see though is another year of futility with rubber arm ballless Cpt Checkdown playing not to lose. I SO hope I am wrong.

Its going to be tough since we didnt trade Donte for Troy Smith...if we had then it would have been a slam dunk

:thumbsup:

Even though I think the year will be a disaster, I'll be positive for this one.

yep, they'll score a TD on there first possession.

Its going to be tough since we didnt trade Donte for Troy Smith...if we had then it would have been a slam dunk

:thumbsup:

Well Mr. Donte fan we shall see if Trent tanks it again or not. I'm sure your previous posts will support your undying faith in Donte. So far it actually looks like Donte may be showing a glimmer of the potential he was drafted for so I think we should hold on to him to see what happens. We have pleny of other resources in the secondary that will be riding pine this year that could be traded for another QB that could actually challenge the default starter your son Trent.

I'm not sure why your head is so thick but as I have stated all along Troy Smith could "challenge" your son as the starter. If you think he would be a slam dunk winner that's on you BetaPuppy.