Here's how I'm judging

With the first game tomorrow, I have devised my own system to pick the winner of the QB competition. Actually it's pretty simple. TDs per minutes played. The tie breaker would be points. The tie breaker after that is just who I like best.

I'll look at NFL.com or someones play by play of the game. I'll note the time on the clock when the offense takes over when we give it back. I'll keep track of TD and points when a given QB is in the game.

Long drives and FGs are nice, but we need a man who can finish.

How will you judge?

With the first game tomorrow, I have devised my own system to pick the winner of the QB competition. Actually it's pretty simple. TDs per minutes played. The tie breaker would be points. The tie breaker after that is just who I like best.

I'll look at NFL.com or someones play by play of the game. I'll note the time on the clock when the offense takes over when we give it back. I'll keep track of TD and points when a given QB is in the game.

How will you judge?

Any female would have a hayday with a reply to what u said. lol. It'll be hard to judge imo cause only 2 (I believe) O-line starters will play. In this case i'm hoping we see how well our qb's can adapt to quick decisions and running for their lives. I'm not necessarily opposed to only 2 0-line guys starting. I want to see what everyone on the team can produce with the time that's given to them. At this point most everyone is fighting for a roster spot. Let the games begin.

How will you judge?

points are obviously important, but given that it is a preseason game, we can only hope for so much. I will be watching for accurate and timely delivery on passes. accuracy outside of the pocket, which is a situation that is likely to come up, and smart decision making. I don't want to see forced passes that are likely to result in turnovers or unnecessary sacks when the ball can be easily thrown away. TD's are always good, but I want to see a QB who looks confident and moves the ball down the field. We have had way too many 3rd and 15plus situations the last few years.

No one can argue that TDs are the wine and bread of a team's success. . .but our quarterbacks need to be examined a little closer than that. Acccuracy, being able to move around the pocket, both as mentioned above, very important. But also; Can I please see a Buffalo QB make a pass longer than 15 yards, PLEASE?! Part of running a successful offense is poise, charisma, and confidence as the teams leader. With that, one should have no problem slinging the ball down field to any number of our receivers (looking forward to seeing Johnson do work). "Captain Check Down" or whatever nick name Edward's has had the misfortune of acquiring. . .if he can shake that stigma, he'll be our no. 1 all day!

No one can argue that TDs are the wine and bread of a team's success. . .but our quarterbacks need to be examined a little closer than that. Acccuracy, being able to move around the pocket, both as mentioned above, very important. But also; Can I please see a Buffalo QB make a pass longer than 15 yards, PLEASE?! Part of running a successful offense is poise, charisma, and confidence as the teams leader. With that, one should have no problem slinging the ball down field to any number of our receivers (looking forward to seeing Johnson do work). "Captain Check Down" or whatever nick name Edward's has had the misfortune of acquiring. . .if he can shake that stigma, he'll be our no. 1 all day!

I used to know of a guy with your name once. I think he might of spelled it different but I don't really care none about spelling. Did you have a brother Tommy that had marks from a meat grinder on his forehead? That's because I just might know how those marks got there if you catch my drift.

By the way, nice picture because you are wearing a Jets shirt of which I like the Jets.

P.S. J-E-T-S Jets JEts JETS.

How will you judge?

There is no qb competition. It already has been decided. Just to let you know. :thumbsup:

I expect little tomorrow. We can only muster two starting players on the O-Line, so the QB that does best tomorrow is the one that can survive. I really didn't fear having a young O-Line and OT's going into the year. But when 3/5ths of your line cannot practice hard or play, C'mon. This is an issue as our depth is non existant. I'd feel better if the young guys could have practiced hard and played. They need the time desperately and it's not happening.

I used to know of a guy with your name once. I think he might of spelled it different but I don't really care none about spelling. Did you have a brother Tommy that had marks from a meat grinder on his forehead? That's because I just might know how those marks got there if you catch my drift.

By the way, nice picture because you are wearing a Jets shirt of which I like the Jets.

P.S. J-E-T-S Jets JEts JETS.

Take the gun, leave the cannoli.

points are obviously important, but given that it is a preseason game, we can only hope for so much. I will be watching for accurate and timely delivery on passes. accuracy outside of the pocket, which is a situation that is likely to come up, and smart decision making. I don't want to see forced passes that are likely to result in turnovers or unnecessary sacks when the ball can be easily thrown away. TD's are always good, but I want to see a QB who looks confident and moves the ball down the field. We have had way too many 3rd and 15plus situations the last few years.

But wouldn't a QB who does all this tranlate into TDs or at least points? If not, what good is it? We've all seen QBs who are good between the 20s. Can move the ball downfield only to stall or turn it over close to the EZ. What good is that? I'd take a QB who wasn't pretty, but scored TDs. That's all that counts. All these guys know that it's an open competition and their fate is dependent on how they play. I don't want a guy that does kindof good, I want the guy that plays the best in game situations. Which is TDs that correlates to Wins.

It really doesn't matter to me, since I have absolutely no input into the decision. I actually do trust Gailey to pick the guy he thinks will put the Bills in the best position to win, and that's good enough for me.

It really doesn't matter to me, since I have absolutely no input into the decision. I actually do trust Gailey to pick the guy he thinks will put the Bills in the best position to win, and that's good enough for me.

it does matter to me, but i agree that i trust gailey. but it's obviously trent, obviously.

Would you rather see one of our QBs throw a perfect pass that is dropped in the endzone, or a wobbly duck that is one handed for a TD by a receiver's great catch after the DB right on him slipped? (Obviously, anyone would want the score, which would you rather see from our QB?)

I'm not sure of the answer myself. A touchdown is a touchdown.

Guest dog14787

Trent Edwards for the most part will play against the Redskins starters, Brohm and Fitzpatrick on the other hand for the most part will be playing against other players who may or may not even be on the Redskin roster when the regular season begins just as its possible one of them may not be on the Bills roster when the season starts.

Myself personally, I'm going to judge each QB's performance with the realization that as the starters then shift over to 2nd and 3rd stringers a drop off in the talent level occurs.

Trent Edwards for the most part will play against the Redskins starters, Brohm and Fitzpatrick on the other hand for the most part will be playing against other players who may or may not even be on the Redskin roster when the regular season begins just as its possible one of them may not be on the Bills roster when the season starts.

Myself personally, I'm going to judge each QB's performance with the realization that as the starters then shift over to 2nd and 3rd stringers a drop off in the talent level occurs.

Gotcha dog14787, I knew this was coming. But did you consider that Brohm and Fitz will be playing WITH other players who may or may not even be on the Bills roster? So it is a pretty level playing field.

So do you think that if Trent sucks or does not perform as well as others, he should be given a mulligan because he's playing against Redskin starters? If he's of starter caliber as so far Coach Gaily and others think, then shouldn't he be able to man up and handle it, no nexuses offered, none accepted?

Guest dog14787
Gotcha dog14787, I knew this was coming. But did you consider that Brohm and Fitz will be playing WITH other players who may or may not even be on the Bills roster? So it is a pretty level playing field.

So do you think that if Trent sucks or does not perform as well as others, he should be given a mulligan because he's playing against Redskin starters? If he's of starter caliber as so far Coach Gaily and others think, then shouldn't he be able to man up and handle it, no nexuses offered, none accepted?

I'm saying after the starters leave the field it becomes more of an evaluation process of player personnel to decide who's staying and who's going more so then anything, but by all means make it what you want, this is your thread.

I don't speak for Trent Edwards