Intropsection. Or, if the Republicans take power, what

But Dave's morons are better than Wacka's.

And back to the original post...does anyone honestly believe that the Republicans, if they get control of Congress, will do anything more productive than demonize the Democrats?

Why the hell is my name being brought up in the last few days?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And back to the original post...does anyone honestly believe that the Republicans, if they get control of Congress, will do anything more productive than demonize the Democrats?

Without the presidency (which will probably come in 2012), all they'll be able to do is put the brakes on Obama's spending spree. And demonize the Dems. But they'll all still be lying crooks.

Must be your birthday

My recents posts have not been about anything partisan, unless mocking Connor is partisan.

Besides who cares what a bunch of blowhards that I will never meet in person think?

The problem is that GOP stands to take control of Congress simply because they're not Democrats. That's a terrible reason to win. (I'll take it, but it's a terrible reason.)

The truth of the matter is, for every moment Obama and the left campaigns not on accomplishments, but on how they're not Bush, the right is campaigning not on their ideas, but that they're not Obama. In that battle, GOP wins. From a strategic standpoint, whomever wins has done so without promising anything.

Now, what I would like to see (and won't) is the GOP coming out for the November elections on a few very basic ideas: (1) we won't fund Obamacare, and will fight to repeal it, (2) we'll fight to address the illegal immigration problem with walls, not lawsuits and how Latinos are too stupid to vote Republican, and (3) we'll put forth the muscle needed to put Paul Ryan's fiscal plan though some serious due diligence. The reality is, people WILL get behind those very few things. In fact, if they only had the nutsack to run on #1 alone, I'd be willing to bet they'd kick the crap out of any left-side opponent simply because any valid poll on the issue shows that almost 60% of America want Obamacare repealed.

Run on that, and put a stake in the liberal heart once and for all.

Won't happen, but that's what I'd like to see.

The Republicans would likely be very productive if for no other reason they won't let Obama do squat. When they had both houses and the Presidency and the Karl Rovian/Clintonesque theory of triangulation was the strategy du jour, they spent money more freely that liberal Democrats (well, more than previous dems) because they were all on the same team and the buddy system was in full effect.

If they take power we get gridlock and unlike Reagan, the one trick pony in the whitehouse, while great at reading inspirational fluff, lacks the influence to get popular support to pressure congress to go with his agenda. And when it comes to government action, less is more.

An interesting take on Obama's rhetoric:

http://townhall.com/columnists/ThomasSowel...albraith_effect

My recents posts have not been about anything partisan, unless mocking Connor is partisan.

Besides who cares what a bunch of blowhards that I will never meet in person think?

RiO's not here, you're next on the "right-leaning partisan stereotype" list.

It's nothing personal...you're just a meme.

If the Republican party is going to be the party of less, and I mean, truly less spending, less government, they HAVE to mean it.

You can't just run on "extend the Bush tax cuts and cut Obamacare." I don't buy that.

I want DRASTIC, hardcore, meaningful cuts in ALL federal programs. Yes, that includes the biggest bureaucracy of them all the US Military.

Basically I want a Ron Paul Republican. I'm sure there'll be plenty of criticisms to that take. Fine. I want any foreign conflict to be immediately pulled out. NO war without a Congressional declaration-per the Constitution. I don't care about the "modern war" we live in. You can't hammer Obama for shirking the Constitution when we haven't declared war since 1941.

I'd love mandated drug testing for entitlement programs-Welfare, unemployment, etc. You need the safety net? You're not spending tax dollars on drugs.

Sadly none of this is gonna happen, and by 2012/2014 we'll be in a "vote them out" again mode. The 2 party system is broken.

Since I've been posting here, you havn't been as partisan as others...

I think it it's the old bully syndrome, some people just like being the bully, it's as simple as that.

If the Republican party is going to be the party of less, and I mean, truly less spending, less government, they HAVE to mean it.

You can't just run on "extend the Bush tax cuts and cut Obamacare." I don't buy that.

I want DRASTIC, hardcore, meaningful cuts in ALL federal programs. Yes, that includes the biggest bureaucracy of them all the US Military.

Basically I want a Ron Paul Republican. I'm sure there'll be plenty of criticisms to that take. Fine. I want any foreign conflict to be immediately pulled out. NO war without a Congressional declaration-per the Constitution. I don't care about the "modern war" we live in. You can't hammer Obama for shirking the Constitution when we haven't declared war since 1941.

I'd love mandated drug testing for entitlement programs-Welfare, unemployment, etc. You need the safety net? You're not spending tax dollars on drugs.

Sadly none of this is gonna happen, and by 2012/2014 we'll be in a "vote them out" again mode. The 2 party system is broken.

Agree. We need to hack the **** out of spending. We need to stop treating every minitory, union member and illegal immigrant as "special". We need to tell more people to sink or swim. I know, pipe dream.

I think it it's the old bully syndrome, some people just like being the bully, it's as simple as that.

The statements presented herein are based on assumptions, estimates, and other inherently subjective information available to long time readers of this forum, and are not guarantees of future performance.

Shut up. And give me your !@#$ing lunch money.

i'm late to the party guy....

but if the Republicans get control again they NEED to BE REPUBLICANS. not moderates, not liberals but true fiscally conservative Republicans and go back to the party's ideals. No more selling out on our ideals to make comprimises with liberals. do you see liberals making comprimises now? helll no you dont they have full control and can ram through 1 string of bad legislation after another that the amercian people don't want and cant stop.

most of all they will need strong leadership, to be ethically sound and to adhere to the constitution and their political platform. The republicans need to be republicans and stand up for what they believe.

i'm late to the party guy....

but if the Republicans get control again they NEED to BE REPUBLICANS. not moderates, not liberals but true fiscally conservative Republicans and go back to the party's ideals. No more selling out on our ideals to make comprimises with liberals. do you see liberals making comprimises now? helll no you dont they have full control and can ram through 1 string of bad legislation after another that the amercian people don't want and cant stop.

most of all they will need strong leadership, to be ethically sound and to adhere to the constitution and their political platform. The republicans need to be republicans and stand up for what they believe.

Don't worry. If the Repubs get control, they WON'T be making deals with the Dems anymore. For better or worse.

Do you really think that anybody believes this crap? Do you really think that people will be looking at what happens on an am radio show, or what some questionable poll says, instead of Obama's performance in office?

These things don't even qualify as straws to grasp at. More like, impressions of straws. Yes, that's it! This is an impressionist's view of grasping at straws. This abstract painting also has Biden's head up Hillary's ass, but his lips are stretching out far away from this grotesque construct, as a representation of his usual form of speech: talking out other people's asses. Meanwhile, poor old Leon Panetta sits in the corner in abject sorrow, wondering how he has gone from re-election in 1996 to this surrealistic existence.

sadly people do believe it. I have watched focus groups and some people wouldn't like certain items because Obama wasn't born here, or because he's muslim, etc., etc. It's pretty sad.

Do I think the GOP will do anything if they come back into power... No. They will try to reverse some things. All in all nothing will get done.