why I am not so worried about LT situation

PJBrown

It would be nice to have this position removed from a question mark, but from what I have seen since Gailey has come on board I have to believe that he will not let one position ruin our offense. They have to see potential in Bell and/or Meredith....Bell is raw but has a year under his belt and won't have to jump into a no huddle offense (that should not have happened last year)......and really I believe Gailey will adjust scheme and play calling to set the O up for success, not failure...something we have not had in a while.....

Not to mention it will be esier to pass block if the opposition doesn't know what type of play we are running like it seems they have in the past few years

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they see potential in Bell and Meredith. However, the time is NOW. They both seem injury prone and I'm not sure either will hold up for a full season. Good thing the Bills have Wang. It would not surprise me at all to see all three get starts this year.

I think they see potential in Bell and Meredith. However, the time is NOW. They both seem injury prone and I'm not sure either will hold up for a full season. Good thing the Bills have Wang. It would not surprise me at all to see all three get starts this year.

The time is now to what?

I also am sure they have a back-up plan if they don't pan out..maybe a late TC cut or something. Lets hope we one of them steps up like Peters did (minus the attitude) and allow us to fix other stuff...

When did Meredith become Injury prone?

It's evident from practice that Green struggles in pass protection, as does Meredith. That being the case, Gailey eventually will need to utilize more 2 TE sets to hide those OT's thereby removing another option or 2 in the passing game.

Both Bell and Meredith need to show they're starting material or it's time to end the experiments.

Both Bell and Meredith need to show they're starting material or it's time to end the experiments.

What experiment are you talking about? It's simply all we got. You can shudder at the gamble of not addressing the issue in the offseason (as I am doing) but what choice is there at this point? There might be a cut player from another roster but the best you can hope for is a stopgap player to tide us over.

It would be nice to have this position removed from a question mark, but from what I have seen since Gailey has come on board I have to believe that he will not let one position ruin our offense. They have to see potential in Bell and/or Meredith....Bell is raw but has a year under his belt and won't have to jump into a no huddle offense (that should not have happened last year)......and really I believe Gailey will adjust scheme and play calling to set the O up for success, not failure...something we have not had in a while.....

Not to mention it will be esier to pass block if the opposition doesn't know what type of play we are running like it seems they have in the past few years

merideth is struggling mightily in camp. Doesn't generate push in run game, has been beaten by the likes of Maybin on pass plays. Don't see him getting cut, but that's only because of our situation.

Why I am not so worried about LT situation ? You must be in denial. Any reasonable Bills fan should be and has to be worried about our offensive Line. They might step up and play well but I am worried as hell they won't. It almost like saying as a Bills fan I am not worried about our QB situation. I know you didn't say that. Can someone help me understand how you as a Bills fan are not worried about our OL?

Why I am not so worried about LT situation ? You must be in denial. Any reasonable Bills fan should be and has to be worried about our offensive Line. They might step up and play well but I am worried as hell they won't. It almost like saying as a Bills fan I am not worried about our QB situation. I know you didn't say that. Can someone help me understand how you as a Bills fan are not worried about our OL?

Whats to worry about, with almost the same o-line, minus the experience and the full offseason working on the offence, they won 6 games

I'm not saying that they are going to be even better then last year, but for those saying that they will be worse, or acting like this problem is going to cause them to only win 1-2 games, I think they are going to be mistaken.

I'm not in denial, I am in TN.

I never said that we had pro-bowl caliber LT's on this team. I don't buy into the all the sky is falling bs that permeates this board. My point was that Gailey will play to the strengths and set the O up for success.....hadn't felt like we had that going on for a while....so even if LT is a weakness, and it may or may not be, we have good young guards and hopefully a competent gameplan....

Why worry about something you have no control over? Life's short, think positive thoughts...

I never said that we had pro-bowl caliber LT's on this team. I don't buy into the all the sky is falling bs that permeates this board. My point was that Gailey will play to the strengths and set the O up for success.....hadn't felt like we had that going on for a while....so even if LT is a weakness, and it may or may not be, we have good young guards and hopefully a competent gameplan....

Why worry about something you have no control over? Life's short, think positive thoughts...

So, if one thinks positive thoughts, they'll live longer? Cool, if one is daydreaming about something exhilarating, stepping off the curb in front of a city bus should hurt less. Good to know.

Very witty, I liked that. Hey, you are entitled to you opinion and I will not take that away from you.

As a Bills fan, I take my football seriously and maybe a little too seriously. Your point is well taken but I still do worry about the team being successful and winning games. I can't help it....

What experiment are you talking about? It's simply all we got. You can shudder at the gamble of not addressing the issue in the offseason (as I am doing) but what choice is there at this point? There might be a cut player from another roster but the best you can hope for is a stopgap player to tide us over.

I should have said reclamation projects. Bell was a huge unknown who's not even 100% yet and Meredith, if reports are to be believed, is struggling mightily against pass rushing stalwarts like Aaron Maybin. For some unknown reason, there are homers on the board who think these guys' potential will come out. But yeah, the options now are few and far between for help at OT.

Have no fear Kirk Chambers is here. He started when Peters got injured a couple of years ago and was wonderful at LT. Last year as RT was a another story, but as LT he's fine.

Seriously? Chambers isn't even close to being a NFL OT, and remains their principal backup at guard which is alarming as well. It makes absolutely no sense that someone can play LT and have issues at RT. Chambers, Meredith, and Green all have problems handling outside pass rushers, which is what Buffalo will see plenty of. LT's see better pass rushers than RT's normally do.

Whats to worry about, with almost the same o-line, minus the experience and the full offseason working on the offence, they won 6 games

I'm not saying that they are going to be even better then last year, but for those saying that they will be worse, or acting like this problem is going to cause them to only win 1-2 games, I think they are going to be mistaken.

Flawed logic. Too many variables to consider to make that logic work.

I should have said reclamation projects. Bell was a huge unknown who's not even 100% yet and Meredith, if reports are to be believed, is struggling mightily against pass rushing stalwarts like Aaron Maybin. For some unknown reason, there are homers on the board who think these guys' potential will come out. But yeah, the options now are few and far between for help at OT.

Seriously? Chambers isn't even close to being a NFL OT, and remains their principal backup at guard which is alarming as well. It makes absolutely no sense that someone can play LT and have issues at RT. Chambers, Meredith, and Green all have problems handling outside pass rushers, which is what Buffalo will see plenty of. LT's see better pass rushers than RT's normally do.

You are missing the OP's main point. That regardless of how marginal our OT's are, Gailey will gameplan around this, and still will make this offense play to its strong points and be reasonably successful. Dick Jauron and his offensive coaches were as bad a coaching staff from an offensive view as the NFL has seen in a long time. They took good players and made them marginal, and took average players and made them poor. Gailey is a winner and understands how an offense works, and what needs to be done to succeed in the NFL with the talent that he is given. And BTW, where does everyone get the idea that Cornell Green is that bad. The guy has been in the NFL for what close to a dozen years? You do NOT last that long if you suck. I think he will be a reasonably decent acquisition for this year's team.

So, if one thinks positive thoughts, they'll live longer? Cool, if one is daydreaming about something exhilarating, stepping off the curb in front of a city bus should hurt less. Good to know.

We're talking football - not life and death. The post is saying think positive because that's what we got. Green, Meredeth and Bell - that's how we're going to roll Bro so deal with it. It's football - relax.