Lynch Should be Traded for an OT

box0life

So far our OT's can't stop anybody from getting to the QB. If we can't throw long for fear of getting sacked all the time, this offense won't succeed. Lynch is in his last year of his contract. We are only going to lose him to free agency unless we trade him now or during the season. Trade Lynch for McNeil right now while McNeil is holding out. Without OT help, this team doesn't win 5 games this year.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lynch has 2 or 3 years left on his deal and we wouldn't be able to trade him for a OT any better than what we already have.

I second this post. The reality is that no team is going to give up even a half-decent starting LT for Marshawn Lynch.

Lynch's performance last year was not good and add in his off-field problems, this once-suspended player isn't worth

much in trade.

I second this post. The reality is that no team is going to give up even a half-decent starting LT for Marshawn Lynch.

Lynch's performance last year was not good and add in his off-field problems, this once-suspended player isn't worth

much in trade.

Agreed. Not a bad though that we should trade him now, but I think he needs to play well this season and then he might have some trade value next year. Right now, he's worth more here than being traded for a second tier OT.

Easier said than done. When a RB like Lendale White can be picked off the scrap heap it is going to take a special set of circumstances/injuries to create an opportunity to get anything of value for Lynch. His best value is playing his way up the depth chart which BTW will happen. I think he will be the starter week 1. Had Spiller been signed by the time Denver's RB's got banged up maybe a panic deal could have been made.

Again at this point barring a major injury to a playoff caliber team Lynch isn't going anywhere except the starting line-up in Buffalo.

A better bet for an OT would be trading a CB + lower round draft pick to Baltimore for Jared Gaither

Not a bad idea. If Reggie Corner or Youboty are showing anything in camp maybe Florence could be moved with a draft pick. If Whitner is lighting it up in camp maybe Wilson or Scott could be moved as an alternative.

At this point it might be advantageous to go with what we have and hope for the best. If Meredith and/or Bell develop it could be a pleasant surprise. If not we upgrade next year and then have a lot of depth and experience at a position that for a while now has been our biggest liability.

I think a lot of people are gonna be eating their words on lynch this year when you realize what he brings to this stable of backs.

Let's hope. He's got the physical tools but doesn't seem to hit the hole quickly or understand where he's supposed to go. Perhaps with some better coaching he can bring a more well rounded skill set to the table.

So far our OT's can't stop anybody from getting to the QB. If we can't throw long for fear of getting sacked all the time, this offense won't succeed. Lynch is in his last year of his contract. We are only going to lose him to free agency unless we trade him now or during the season. Trade Lynch for McNeil right now while McNeil is holding out. Without OT help, this team doesn't win 5 games this year.

Problem is, McNeill plays for the Chargers who just drafted running back Ryan Mathews to be their starting running back. The Chargers also have Darren Sproles as their change of pace back. As such, the Chargers have no real need for another top 3 running back. And I think they are going to play a waiting game with Marcus McNeill anyways.

As far as Gaither, in the last two years he has been nagged by foot and ankle problems and just this year alone has again encountered problems with his ankle, a sudden loss of 30 pounds for which he was blood tested, and just this week, soreness in his back.

With no proven CBs after the loss of Domonique Foxworth for the season, and the shakiness of Ed Reed's health, the Ravens could certainly use DB help.

I think this option is still open as it's hard to imagine Gaither, as somewhat damaged goods, commanding a huge trade value and the Bills have lots of players at a position of need for the Ravens.

I think a lot of people are gonna be eating their words on lynch this year when you realize what he brings to this stable of backs.

Lynch has reportedly lost weight and looks like his old self so far. I don't doubt he could have a good season if given enough touches.

I do wonder if he'll be given those touches and it will be interesting to see what role he fills with the team.

We start finding out next week against the Redskins.

this is a very good posibility. it all comes down to attitude and effort. this kid is an amazing talent, but he is a kid. if you look at his off the field issues, they all boil down to immaturity and poor dicision making. on the field, when he is locked into "beast mode", and it looks like he is giving a piggie back ride to half the opposing team's D...that's a beautiful thing.

and i recall a few moments where we were close to the goal line and he just decided that there was no one that was going to stop him. if he is in the right frame of mind, i want this guy on my team!