Wes Welker VS Fatty McGasbag

saundena

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast

Summary- Today during signatures, Welker accompanied his autograph with a message "One game at a time", presumably a retort to RR's proclaimation that the Jets will win the next 40 SB's

Don't really like Wes that much as a player (he's hurt us too much in the past), but I like what he did here. Really, it highlights the way that the Pats* have operated during much of past decade. Play one game at a time (and don't get caught cheating).

I can't wait to see the Jests blow up this year. I hate them. Their QB is an even bigger sally than ours!

Come on, you have to enjoy Ryan's optimism. He makes it more fun.

He reminds me of that kid in school who though that everything was Gods word just because he said it louder and with more conviction!

ALTHOUGH, I would have rather had him as a coach last year- rather than the walking deal that held the title last year.

Summary- Today during signatures, Welker accompanied his autograph with a message "One game at a time", presumably a retort to RR's proclaimation that the Jets will win the next 40 SB's

Don't really like Wes that much as a player (he's hurt us too much in the past), but I like what he did here. Really, it highlights the way that the Pats* have operated during much of past decade. Play one game at a time (and don't get caught cheating).

I can't wait to see the Jests blow up this year. I hate them. Their QB is an even bigger sally than ours!

NO @#$%^ WAY ANYONE'S QB IS A BIGGER SALLY THAN OURS! NO !@#$%^ WAY! WHOOOOOOOoooooooo0000000OO!

GO BILLS!

I never really liked Wes Welker much after I heard him screaming out during a Pats/Miami game. It was when the Dolphins were terrible and had the # 1 pick the next year and you could hear him clear as day on CBS go WOW you guys f'in suck right in on field mics to dolphins players. I wouldn't say he was wrong just thought it was unsportmanlike and not necessary. This also might be the case that I hate him because during this was the time when the media kept constantly talking about how the Patriots are these great professionals.

I never really liked Wes Welker much after I heard him screaming out during a Pats/Miami game. It was when the Dolphins were terrible and had the # 1 pick the next year and you could hear him clear as day on CBS go WOW you guys f'in suck right in on field mics to dolphins players. I wouldn't say he was wrong just thought it was unsportmanlike and not necessary. This also might be the case that I hate him because during this was the time when the media kept constantly talking about how the Patriots are these great professionals.

He might have been motivated by the fact that Miami traded him away. While I agree that isn't a very sportsman-like

thing to say, I am POSITIVE that there is a LOT worse than that said every week in every game. I also don't blame

him for being gloating a bit at the team that dumped him.

I remember the same game, and him saying that. But how can we judge him when the sound byte was so out of context? We don't know who exactly he was talking to, or what that person did to illicit the response?

Based on the thread title, I thought there had started a war of words between the two, which evoked in my warped mind, an escalating conflict ending in a physical contest between the two.

In that contest, Ryan ended up with a bloody nose from the cat-quick Welker but got the last laugh as he ended up getting his hands on Lil' Wesley, wrestling him to the ground, and sitting on top of him, until Wesley screamed "Uncle."

Steve Tasker was Welker's cornerman. Rob and Buddy Ryan were working Rex's corner.

I live about 50 miles north of Albany and this is Giants, Jets and Pats country.. I have learned to hate all 3 teams.. The only way I get to see the Bills is to go to a sports bar and I still have to deal with idiot Jets fans..