Rex: "Soon to be champs."

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ryan has easily become my favorite coach to hate in the NFL. What a self promoting douche he is. If the Bills won no other games but beat the jets twice it would be a good season. (although I do expect more) I think the Jets will prove to be overarated and disappointing this year and I look forward to watching the fat man squirm on the sidelines.

Was on the road quite a bit this week and listened to a lot of the ESPN New Yprk station on XM. It's not just Rex, it is everybody in New York expects the Jets to at least make the Super Bowl, if not win it. Reasoniung is made champoionship game last year, they should be better, so Super Bowl it is.

Was funny listrening to caller and hosts alike debating how winning the Super Bowl would effect Revis if he is not there. And they were discussing as if that was an absolute certainty, with or without Revis. Just blew my mins how confident the team, the media, the fans etc all are that there is no way in hell the Jets will not be great this year.

Seems like they are set up for a big tumble.

He does talk a lot for essentially an 8-8 team that was gift-wrapped a playoff spot. I can't imagine how annoying he would be if he were to ever actually win something. I'll give him this much - they are the most talked about team in NY/NJ for the first time in my lifetime.

Rex Ryan is a joke. A 2nd year coach talking like he's been around for 10 years and has 2 or 3 rings. The guy's worse than Belichick at this point. At least Belichick has won something, and I don't recall him ever saying they were gonna win it all in early August. He never said much at all and just let the winning do the talking.

I hate the Jets with a passion, but I do wish there were more coaches like Rex Ryan in the league. The political correctness in the league is ridiculous, it's all predictable, canned answers, and Belichick's monotone secrecy has resulted in two dozen coaches trying to be just like him. At least Rex seems to understand that football is a game. Confidence, bravado, and trash talking are a huge part of it.

The Jets are a rival and in our division, so I hope they take a massive dump this season. But what's wrong with a coach EXPECTING championships? What's wrong with putting yourself out there and saying that the only option is to win? It's much better than trying to fly under the radar just to hold on to a job.

It was evident on the field that the Jets reflected the persona and confidence of their coach last season. Unfortunately, so did the Bills during the Jauron era. Rex Ryan's bravado may rub some the wrong way, but it's not for the media or for the fans...It's for the 53 guys in his camp. Nothing wrong with it, only he looks silly if it backfires, and he's aware of that.

I hate the Jets with a passion, but I do wish there were more coaches like Rex Ryan in the league. The political correctness in the league is ridiculous, it's all predictable, canned answers, and Belichick's monotone secrecy has resulted in two dozen coaches trying to be just like him. At least Rex seems to understand that football is a game. Confidence, bravado, and trash talking are a huge part of it.

The Jets are a rival and in our division, so I hope they take a massive dump this season. But what's wrong with a coach EXPECTING championships? What's wrong with putting yourself out there and saying that the only option is to win? It's much better than trying to fly under the radar just to hold on to a job.

It was evident on the field that the Jets reflected the persona and confidence of their coach last season. Unfortunately, so did the Bills during the Jauron era. Rex Ryan's bravado may rub some the wrong way, but it's not for the media or for the fans...It's for the 53 guys in his camp. Nothing wrong with it, only he looks silly if it backfires, and he's aware of that.

There's a line (and not a very thin one either) between a winning attitude and sheer douchebaggery. I'll take quiet steely confidence over all the showmanship, but that's just me.

Ryan continues to be a buffoon. Maybe he's not quite as obnoxious as his father and brother, but he's catching up.

I rarely root against people, but this blow hard is one whose failure I won't mind watching.