Perry Fewell Doing Well With The Giants

In case anyone was wondering how our former Interim Head Coach he was doing with the Giants...

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/i...tion-deck-day-2

It's remarkable how much of a presence new defensive coordinator Perry Fewell has in practice. You can hear him from anywhere on the University at Albany campus. When Mario Manningham caught a pass across the middle, Fewell shouted, "That's [expletive!] to no one in particular. And when cornerback Corey Webster snagged a one-handed interception, Fewell raced up the left sideline and threatened to throw a block on an unsuspecting tight end. From talking to Tuck and other players, you can tell that the Giants truly missed Steve Spagnuolo's dynamic presence in practice last season. Fewell brings that same type of energy. Of course, none of that will matter if the Giants give up a ton of huge plays. But at this point, Fewell's been the story of camp. Coughlin hired Fewell years ago and then admired him from afar as he blossomed into a highly regarded coordinator. I think the fact that Fewell held the Bills together during difficult circumstances was also a big factor in him being hired by the Giants.

I had a hard time getting a read on Fewell as an X's and O's guy, but the straightforward talk and energy he brought after Jauron was a breath of fresh air. While I never really cared much for the defensive scheme, maybe working with that talented DL in NY will help.

I liked the energy Fewell brought to our team... I don't think it was a secret that he is a good motivator. He is even a good DC in my opinion... He's not Chan Gailey, and he would never have been brought back in any capacity other than HC. I wish him luck, and, who knows? Maybe with a few more years, and some tutelage under his star-crossed, long-distance-lover, Coughlin, he will be good HC some day.

Best of luck to you Perry, thanks for the mammories.

I like Fewell and have nothing against he guy. But how is a guy doing well in the 1st week of training camp???

I would say the same way Gailey's doing it. Could be his attitude, command presence, leadership qualities, knowledge, etc...