Perry Fewell Doing Well With The Giants

I like Fewell and have nothing against he guy. But how is a guy doing well in the 1st week of training camp???

Especially a coach (no matter what day of camp it is). I can see a player "doing well" in training camp but a coach can't start doing well until he starts getting W's.

I like Fewell and have nothing against he guy. But how is a guy doing well in the 1st week of training camp???

He's saying all the right things and coaching players up. He's doing this so well in fact, that he should probably stop wasting his time on the practice field and go get himself fitted for the Giants' Super Bowl ring that he's already earned.

I hope Giants fans like ten yards' cushion on the opposition's most dangerous receivers.

I saw him out watering his lawn, and he had some really unattractive tube socks pulled up way too high. That, and his defenses are too soft and dogmatic.

The guy showed that he didn't fully subscribe to DJ's soft Tampa two system completely. I would rather have Chan (Just because he is an offensive mind not because he has more coaching ability) but if we went with Fewell I wouldn't have minded too bad.

In case anyone was wondering how our former Interim Head Coach he was doing with the Giants...

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/i...tion-deck-day-2

Perry Fewell was a lousy DC in his 3 1/2 years at that position in Buffalo. Just like Gregg Williams was a lousy HC in his 3 seasons in Buffalo.

I have more respect at this point for Williams then Fewell. Nobody has given ol' "Double G" another chance at HC but he has gone back to his roots as DC and helped the Saints upset the Colts in the SB last season.

Fewell was a D-Backs coach with Dick in Chicago before being promoted to DC here in Buffalo. What exactly did the Giants see that we Bills fans did not?? Fewell's defenses sucked. Although he brought along some fine DB's (there's a shock, since he was a DB coach before coming to Buffalo), the Bills were annually one of the worst teams in total yardage allowed, and one of the very worst teams against the run all three years he was here.

And he inherited a team that was excellent against the run in 2003-2004, although they did slip some during Mularkey's lousy 2005 season. Still, the pieces were there in place to immediately build it back up again, but Dick and Perry had to bring in their infamous "COVER-ZERO....11 GAP" defense with them from Chicagoland.

So despite the fact Perry runs around excitedly at Giants' practice, they had better hope he doesn't try to run the same schemes he did in Buffalo, or the Giants had better hope that they have 200% more talent then the Bills defenders did under Fewell for them to succeed. :blink:

In case anyone was wondering how our former Interim Head Coach he was doing with the Giants...

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/i...tion-deck-day-2

It will be interesting to see if Fewell/Jauron's "Bend But Don't Break" scheme can give the Giants the success the Bills enjoyed with it.

I will not miss watching the Bills defense get pushed up and down the field all day on Sundays. I will especially not miss the part when they "Break!" somewhere in the 4th quarter.

Its hilarious how no one cares about the Bills. This guy was in Buffalo 3.5 years and no one mentioned his name nationally, in fact there was a lot of "who the heck is that" when the Bills gave him the interim job. Now he is a Super Star.

Actually, everyone lauded the Perry Fewell hire 4 years ago...especially in the light of Tomlin getting the Steelers job at the same time.