Spiller will take a while

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a bunch of SH#T!!!!!!! The 9th pick has signed, and the 11th pick has signed. How about somewhere in between them. Maybe just a smidge less than #8 in guaranteed money. WTF!!!!! This will tick me off if he holds out. I thought he was a high character guy? BULLSH#T!!!! Get in dang it!!!

What a bunch of SH#T!!!!!!! The 9th pick has signed, and the 11th pick has signed. How about somewhere in between them. Maybe just a smidge less than #8 in guaranteed money. WTF!!!!! This will tick me off if he holds out. I thought he was a high character guy? BULLSH#T!!!! Get in dang it!!!

Character has nothing to do with it. Though, after going through an epically long holdout with Maybin last year, this is extremely frustrating.

CJ was the 9th pick. I believe 8 (McClain) and 11 (Davis) are signed. CJ (9) and Tyson Alualu (10) are unsigned.

CJ himself really has nothing to do with it. He is just hanging out, staying in shape, waiting on a telephone call. This is all on his agent, Buddy Nix, Jim Overdorf, the other contract guys at OBD, and Ralphie

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa i need my blankie.

Adam Schefter says via twitter:

@Adam_Schefter:

And Buffalo fans should hang in there: hunch is, RB C.J. Spiller won't be in camp for a little while.

That's some real insightful reporting there.

With people around him signing there is NO reason for his deal not to get done! The only hangup could be guarenteed money, but even that should easily be slotted by draft status. Hopefully he isn't getting bad advice from his agent based on being the first running back taken in the draft.

One can only hope

#8 gets 5 years, 40 milll 23 guranteed

#11 gets 26.5 and about 16 mill guranteed.

13.5 mill in salary and 7 mill difference in guranteed money.

so offer 5 years, 33 mill with 19.5 mill guranteed and that should be fair I think.

so offer 5 years, 33 mill with 19.5 mill guranteed and that should be fair I think.

That is probably fair..but I am sure CJ's Agent wants money closer to the 8th overall pick and not in the middle....That is where the contracts usually get stuck.

The sticking point is probably due to C.J. being slotted between two guys not considered "skill positions". those positions demand a premium. Good for the Bills for not giving in. Realistically, the impact of missing a little bit of camp should be minimal for a RB. They say that the running back is the easiest transition from college to the pros of any position. With the stable of backs that Buffalo already has, I'd imagine that C.J. is going to be eased into getting his touches anyways. This is much ado about nothing.

For a situational player/kick returner--it's a very fair deal.

Spiller has the ability to end the standoff anytime. His agent will do what Spiller wants. It's not on the agent.

For a situational player/kick returner--it's a very fair deal.

Spiller has the ability to end the standoff anytime. His agent will do what Spiller wants. It's not on the agent.

I dont agree with that....agents quite often call the shots.

I'd have to think that not all fault lies with Spiller. This is the 2nd year in a row the FO has failed to get their 1st round draft pick in camp on time. Completely unacceptable IMHO considering they haven't shown they can be a good football team.

Set a precedent and get the guys in on time and take care of their draft picks. After all, this is how they want to build the team rather than going the route of FA, right?

I'd have to think that not all fault lies with Spiller. This is the 2nd year in a row the FO has failed to get their 1st round draft pick in camp on time. Completely unacceptable IMHO considering they haven't shown they can be a good football team.

Set a precedent and get the guys in on time and take care of their draft picks. After all, this is how they want to build the team rather than going the route of FA, right?

I agree that it is in their best interest to get these gyys in camp on time. Unfortunately, the way the NFL works, the slotting process happens a few days before the camps begin and is initiated by the big money teams like the Cowboys and the insane teams like the Raiders who are willing to throw the money and raise the stakes. The bills simply cannot afford to do that and get up front and over pay.

Boy, do I want the owners to win this CBA fight by a mile.

There should be a predetermined contract amount for each pick in the draft and the players can either take it or go put their college degree to use in another industry.

I agree that it is in their best interest to get these gyys in camp on time. Unfortunately, the way the NFL works, the slotting process happens a few days before the camps begin and is initiated by the big money teams like the Cowboys and the insane teams like the Raiders who are willing to throw the money and raise the stakes. The bills simply cannot afford to do that and get up front and over pay.

nice try

but enough slotting has been done to easily get a deal done

the Bills under Overdorf have always pinched the last penny out of their draft picks - at the cost of productivity on the field.

you can't even remember the last time the Bills have all of the picks signed before camp started.

money trumps all at OBD

How do the Cowboys initiate the slotting process? They picked 24th. The crappy teams are the ones slotting the top pics each year. There's only 1 "big money team" in that picked in the top 10.

How do the Cowboys initiate the slotting process? They picked 24th. The crappy teams are the ones slotting the top pics each year. There's only 1 "big money team" in that picked in the top 10.

They initiated the process by signing their 1st round pick first. If you look at the slotting process, they probably were able to overpay at that 24th pick compared to what was given to the 24th pick last season. The cowboys have enough revenue to overpay the couple of Million dollars to get their contract done. The Bills don't have the same type of Cash Flow and are more careful with their cash.