Predict Boomer's nickname for Spiller

I can already hear Chris Berman's call of a big play by Spiller but I can't figure out what nickname he'll give him. "... pass is caught by C.J. ________ Spiller. LOOK AT HIM GO!..." Or it could be "CJ Spiller _______". "Spiller the Thriller" seems like the obvious choice. What do you think it will be?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can already hear Chris Berman's call of a big play by Spiller but I can't figure out what nickname he'll give him. "... pass is caught by C.J. ________ Spiller. LOOK AT HIM GO!..." Or it could be "CJ Spiller _______". "Spiller the Thriller" seems like the obvious choice. What do you think it will be?

Let's hope its not "Phylis Diller" Spiller :)

But I could see Boomer throwing something as lame as that out there.

How 'bout, "the guy who's sitting at home and will be about as worthless as Maybin was last year" Spiller.

BTW - I predict he'll be a bust. Way overrated. Not saying he'll suck, but I don't think he'll be one of the elite backs in the NFL, as you would expect with that high a pick. Hope I'm wrong. They weren't really deperate for a return man with McLovin, McGee, Parrish, Jackson, handling those duties just fine. They already have two 1000 yard rushers on the roster.

IMO, RBs are a dime a dozen and can be found in later rounds. I'm not going to look it up now, but I'm sure there was a linebacker in the #9 spot that would've served better than one of our converted defensive linemen, and helped the defense immediately.

The NFL should have a set entry level rookie salary scale based on draft position, and let the players and their agents negotiate after the original contract is up, after say, a 2 year audition. Sure would eliminate the wasted money for overpaid dead wood like Mike Williams and Maybin, among others. That money could be shared with the "underpaid" FAs and later rounders who may have been late bloomers, but have since proven themselves on the NFL field.

I'd like to think Berman would say, "and there goes Spiller the Tiller, tearing up more turf than John Deere". We can only hope.

How 'bout, "the guy who's sitting at home and will be about as worthless as Maybin was last year" Spiller.

BTW - I predict he'll be a bust. Way overrated. Not saying he'll suck, but I don't think he'll be one of the elite backs in the NFL, as you would expect with that high a pick. Hope I'm wrong. They weren't really deperate for a return man with McLovin, McGee, Parrish, Jackson, handling those duties just fine. They already have two 1000 yard rushers on the roster.

IMO, RBs are a dime a dozen and can be found in later rounds. I'm not going to look it up now, but I'm sure there was a linebacker in the #9 spot that would've served better than one of our converted defensive linemen, and helped the defense immediately.

21 out of 50 collegiate TDs were 50+ yard plays. Yeah, those guys are "a dime a dozen."

What a maroon. :worthy: