favorite not best Bill players ever

bowery4

Not the best but good Bill players that we loved: a few on my list

Reggie

Fergie

Haven Moses

The first Byrd

Preston Riddlehopper (or what ever his name was)

Schobel

tko

braxton

the whole team in the early 90s when football was a pleasure for us bills fans

Not sure if you meant that they should be favorites but aren't allowed to be good, or just that we should give our favorites without regard to whether they were good. Anyway ...

Bobby Chandler

Haven Moses

Mini Max Anderson

Takeo

pre-injury Sam Cowart. Remember when his mother was campaigning to get him into the Pro Bowl?

London Fletcher

Tasker

The Bermuda Triangle, "RBs go in, but they don't come out"

Reggie McKenzie

OJ. Nobody was ever more of a joy to watch

Coy Wire

Flutie before the controversy

Have to agree with Jim Braxton. That was a tough man.

EDIT: Oh, yeah, thanks for the reminder, ConradDobler, definitely Spielman. What was that quote, "If you wake me up at 3 a.m. out of a sound sleep and tell me they're in (an impossibly specific and complex group of formational and personnel cues) and I can't shout out with no hesitation the three plays they're most likely to run, then I am NOT prepared enough."

Damn, that's the gist of that quote, but not the exact words. I heard that quote and Spielman was immediately promoted to my favorites list. Anybody remember the exact words?

Okay, I am leaving off all the obvious guys (though Jerry Butler is my all-time favorite Bill), but here goes:

Jerry Butler

Joe Cribbs

Frank Lewis

Ben Williams

Mario Clark

Charles Romes

Steve Freeman

Robb Riddick

Leon Seals

Kenneth Davis

Bill Brooks

Steve Christie

Sam Cowart

Pat Williams & Ted Washington (together)

Antowain Smith

Anotine Winfield

Drew Bledsoe

Peerless Price

Lee Evans

Fred Jackson

Darryl Talley, no question.

Ultimate lunch pail blue collar type of player, did his job behind Bruce Smith who got all the glory while Talley made all the tackles.

He is the Bills' all-time leading tackler with 1,137, and also recorded 38.5 sacks, 12 interceptions for 189 return yards and 2 touchdowns, and 14 fumble recoveries for 76 return yards. He averaged 120 tackles, 3.5 sacks and 6.2 takeaways per season and his mark of 188 regular season games played ranks fifth-most in team history.

He NEVER missed a game in his 12 year career with the Bills :sick:

Darryl Talley, no question.

Ultimate lunch pail blue collar type of player, did his job behind Bruce Smith who got all the glory while Talley made all the tackles.

He is the Bills' all-time leading tackler with 1,137, and also recorded 38.5 sacks, 12 interceptions for 189 return yards and 2 touchdowns, and 14 fumble recoveries for 76 return yards. He averaged 120 tackles, 3.5 sacks and 6.2 takeaways per season and his mark of 188 regular season games played ranks fifth-most in team history.

He NEVER missed a game in his 12 year career with the Bills :sick:

+1. I met him at Shoppingtown Mall in Syracuse, nice guy. Spiderman!!!!

hell...there was a receiver and special teams guy in the 80's, and I was sure someone would name him as he was gutsy as hell and a fan favorite as he had limited talent and played at 150%. To show how unheralded he was even I can't think of his name off the top of my head.

I would also put Ernie Warlick up there as an unheralded Bill. He was an outstanding player in big games and never got the credit he deserved.

hell...there was a receiver and special teams guy in the 80's, and I was sure someone would name him as he was gutsy as hell and a fan favorite as he had limited talent and played at 150%. To show how unheralded he was even I can't think of his name off the top of my head.

I would also put Ernie Warlick up there as an unheralded Bill. He was an outstanding player in big games and never got the credit he deserved.

lou piccone

GO BILLS!

Shane, Shane, Come back Shane!

I Billieve that Shane Nelson and Shane Conlan (who I don't think I've seen yet) would both be in the hall of fame if it were not for injuries.....sad....

and of course, Howard Cosell's favorite, Jerry Butler.

Derrick Borroughs would have been a pro bowl shut down corner if not for the great Dolphin Killer, Leonard Smith and his extreme zeal.

Speaking of corners, the Bills had a ton of very, very good corners, running backs too...

Jim Braxton

Bobby Chandler

Reggie McKenzie

Jamie Mueller

Jeff Wright

Phil Hansen

Chris Spielman

San Gash

Takeo Spikes

Man I was reading this list and couldn't believe noone listed Phil Hansen. I loved that guy!

Don Beebe

Tally...him not being in the HOF is a travesty.

James Lofton

Bryce Paup

Doug Flutie

imagine what it would have been like to have paup and bruce (at his peak) at the same time for years and not games....

so close, so close....I add paup to my, if it wasn't for injuries list, thanks!

GO BILLS!

Robert James

J D Hill

Leonard Smith

Robert James ... nice one. I wish I had remembered him for my list. All three of your guys are good ones.

Jim Braxton

Bobby Chandler

Reggie McKenzie

Jamie Mueller

Jeff Wright

Phil Hansen

Chris Spielman

San Gash

Takeo Spikes

Sam Gash! What a great call. I can't believe I forgot him.

Wow ..whats the average age of this forum? Can't believe that it took till the 6th post to get the names of Cribbs and Butler out there. I was also Vince Feragamo fan as well.. Didn't he throw Andre one of his first TD passes as a Bill?

Gotta love that.