Aaron Schobel is back.

Hossage

I think at this point we all assumed Schobel would be back, but sources deep within the leafy suburb of Orchard Park (er, his wife) confirm that #94 is back. Thank god for gossiping housewives. He is planning on renting a place up here. Maybe this thread won't get deleted.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think at this point we all assumed Schobel would be back, but sources deep within the leafy suburb of Orchard Park confirm that #94 is back. Thank god for gossiping housewives. He is planning on keeping his family in Texas, and renting a place up here. Maybe this thread won't get deleted.

Hope you're right Hossage. Thanks for the post.

I was listening to Schopp and the Bulldog talk about Schobel today while I was driving home. Interesting takes: They seem to think he wont be worth $6-7 million for the year and should be dropped to save money. He's retired in his head, is learning a new position and doesn't want to be here. Also maybe he is just showing up for the money.

I say, it isn't my money, so why not pay him. He makes the Bills better rather than worse. He won't be worse than whatever OLB they have to let go that would have been the last one to stay. I really don't care if he wants to be here. He is a professional, and I cant see this guy dogging it.

I think at this point we all assumed Schobel would be back, but sources deep within the leafy suburb of Orchard Park confirm that #94 is back. Thank god for gossiping housewives. He is planning on keeping his family in Texas, and renting a place up here. Maybe this thread won't get deleted.

If this proves to be accurate, then that will be great news for a young defense.

I was listening to Schopp and the Bulldog talk about Schobel today while I was driving home. Interesting takes: They seem to think he wont be worth $6-7 million for the year and should be dropped to save money. He's retired in his head, is learning a new position and doesn't want to be here. Also maybe he is just showing up for the money.

I say, it isn't my money, so why not pay him. He makes the Bills better rather than worse. He won't be worse than whatever OLB they have to let go that would have been the last one to stay. I really don't care if he wants to be here. He is a professional, and I cant see this guy dogging it.

If the Bills brass agreed with Schopp and Bulldog he would have been traded during the off season. And so what if he's showing up for the paycheck? He's earned it. But he's not the type of guy who phones it in. He always plays when he's on the field, I don't remember him taking plays off, and I'd rather have him rushing the passer than Keith Ellison.

with all due respect. that's not what he told me. he said the plan is to have his family move up here, because he doesn't want to travel back and forth to Texas to see them. also, one of the reasons he wants to make the decision by mid-August is because that's when his children start school, and he wants to make sure he can get them back into the same school they attended in the Buffalo-area.

he has no intention of traveling back and forth to see his family because he's starting to realize that would wear him out, so the plan is for the family to move up here.

jw

with all due respect. that's not what he told me. he said the plan is to have his family move up here, because he doesn't want to travel back and forth to Texas to see them. also, one of the reasons he wants to make the decision by mid-August is because that's when his children start school, and he wants to make sure he can get them back into the same school they attended in the Buffalo-area.

he has no intention of traveling back and forth to see his family because he's starting to realize that would wear him out, so the plan is for the family to move up here.

jw

I heard the story third hand, and didn't probe much. I assumed since he was renting here they were staying in texas. Last i had heard, that was the plan. But yeah, good stuff.

I heard the story third hand, and didn't probe much. I assumed since he was renting here they were staying in texas. Last i had heard, that was the plan. But yeah, good stuff.

no problem. i do think there's a good chance he is coming back. though, this is Aaron Schobel we're talking about it. he marches to his own drummer (and that's not entirely a bad thing).

jw

Bottomline he is our pass rush and while odds are this is his last season it is going to help us to get 6-8 sacks added to our D this upcoming season (I think Schobel at this stage in his career can do 6-8 sacks even in a new system) which is a lot more then anyother player is ready to provide us.

My whole issue with your original ORIGINAL post was that you kinda took a private convo between friends and made it PUBLIC! Assuming that it's true (and it may very well be), why would you secretly write down private things that a guy said when he was drunk and then post those comments a year later on a message board. That's not what friends do to each other. It smacks of underhandedness

Sorry, but that's how I feel

“I realize I’m affecting a bunch of people and I have to make a decision, but I have to do that for my family too at the same time,” Schobel said. “It’s not like I can say, ‘Oh I’m going to go play,’ and go run out there and dance around. You’ve got to be 100 percent committed to doing it.”
- Aaron Schobel

He ain't doggin' sh-t :blink:

Your avatar makes it look as if you probed quite a bit I'd say.

I think at this point we all assumed Schobel would be back, but sources deep within the leafy suburb of Orchard Park (er, his wife) confirm that #94 is back. Thank god for gossiping housewives. He is planning on renting a place up here. Maybe this thread won't get deleted.

Is it anymore factual than the one where Schobel confided in you that he is smarter, faster and stronger than any of his stupid teammates or coaches?

My whole issue with your original ORIGINAL post was that you kinda took a private convo between friends and made it PUBLIC! Assuming that it's true (and it may very well be), why would you secretly write down private things that a guy said when he was drunk and then post those comments a year later on a message board. That's not what friends do to each other. It smacks of underhandedness

Sorry, but that's how I feel

I don't agree. I waited for a year to post that, until the administration was long gone and he had announced his plans, so as not to give him bad press. I dont think he said much that everyone didnt already suspect or know. We werent drunk, and I wrote it down to send it to a friend of mine. I am just some anonymous guy on the internet. Its not like I printed it in the paper.

He thought the coaches were idiots, and the rookies spoiled. Big deal. Schobel isnt stupid. Even then he was probably playing up his retirement in order to be traded or at least miss camp. He was probably using me by saying all of that. I wasnt sworn to secrecy.

Is it anymore factual than the one where Schobel confided in you that he is smarter, faster and stronger than any of his stupid teammates or coaches?

Even though you have misrepresented what I said, it was the truth, and this is too. You dont have to believe me. Whatever, dude.

Buffalotone, you dont believe me either? Cool, whatever.