Troup vs Cody

Fingon

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...ditioning-test/

Not a huge deal, but it does tell you a lot about Cody.

i dont think its more than we already knew, and im even a Cody fan. but i also understood that Cody was a luxury pick, and the Ravens can afford to take those chances, but the Bills can not.

i like the kid and hope he can get his act together.

You also do realize the Bills are gonna probably want Troup to play at about 350 lbs, probably about the same as Balt will want Cody at.

That's a complete lie. Let's see some proof for that ridiculous assertion.

You also do realize the Bills are gonna probably want Troup to play at about 350 lbs, probably about the same as Balt will want Cody at.

Troup was 314#. No way the Bills want him to add 36# more. I agree with the 20# more, and it won't be all fat.

That sound about right h2o. The Bills don't want him to get too big to fast but you can bet the long term goal is probably around 350. Some current NT's who play at or very close to 350: Kris Jenkins, Vince Wilfork, Jamal Williams, Pat Williams, Shaun Rogers, just to name a few.....

The prototypical nose these days is 350. That's what most teams look for in their NT. Not a lie at all, just the modern NFL. Pretty common known information.

Since when did a pro sports team aim to have their player at a particular weight regardless of other factors such as height? That does not make sense.

6'3 -6'4 350 is what teams would like, but there are always exceptions. If a player is gonna perform way better at a certain weight than that's where he'll play. It's just an example of what most teams would prefer to have,that's all.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...ditioning-test/

Not a huge deal, but it does tell you a lot about Cody.

Not a huge deal? Thats a HUGE deal? The guy played 40% of his teams D snaps in college because of his conditioning. Now he fails a conditioning test to even practice. Great player with great talent but its all for not if he cant stay in shape.

Troup was 314#. No way the Bills want him to add 36# more. I agree with the 20# more, and it won't be all fat.

At the post-draft press conference Modrak said that Troup's lower body suggests that he could easily put on significant weight.

They drafted him with the expectation that he won't play anywhere near 314.

Of course, my money's on Lonnie Harvey making the team and being active.

At the post-draft press conference Modrak said that Troup's lower body suggests that he could easily put on significant weight.

They drafted him with the expectation that he won't play anywhere near 314.

Of course, my money's on Lonnie Harvey making the team and being active.

Twenty pounds (to put him in the mid 330's) is a decent amount of weight to add. And I agree that Harvey has a real shot to make the team.

I've never regretted passing on a DT that the Ravens later selected...no wait...

Nose tackle is a tough position to evaluate for reasons like this, but the first practices don't mean much...I'm sure he will be contributing to the Ravens soon enough, but I am still glad we didn't take him.

This is the thing about Terrence Cody (and I would have been quite happy if the Bills drafted him in the 2nd round).

We all know there were questions about his conditioning and his work ethic.

He seemed to address them in the run-up to the draft…obviously because millions of dollars were at stake and he was motivated to protect his value.

Then he's drafted and he fails the team's conditioning test.

However we don't know what this test was, how arduous, how many others were administered the test and how many failed, etc.

So the question is how significant it his failing of the test?

On one hand, to be dogged by questions about work ethic and conditioning and then to show up for your first day as a professional and fail the conditioning test…not good.

As was said about JaMarcus Russell, you don't take someone who was lazy in college, give him millions of dollars, and expect him to suddenly develop a work ethic.

Sure it happens and maybe Cody uses this episode to turn his professional life around.

But it has to be a concern for the Ravens. It's like the first step in the unfolding of a team's worst-case scenario.