If Dallas cuts Roy Williams (WR)

major

Dez Bryant has told Williams: "blow me, I ain't carrying your pads."

Is it possible to retard Hardy's development?

I think it's hilarious that Bryant told him to carry his own dang pads. Now, on the other hand, I bet he'd be carrying the pads if Demarcus Ware told him to do so. He knows Williams has been a chump in Big D, he knows that he was drafted as his eventual replacement, and now he's just driving the point home a little more IMO. Your days are all but numbered Roy Williams.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Forget about Roy. I hope they cut Kevin Ogletree and the Bills sign him. He's #5 WR buried in the depth chart much like Austin was. UDFA like Romo. I think the kids gonna be great. Unfortunately the Cowboys probably also think so.

The Cowboys won't cut Ogletree...he is already a fan favorite, and has shown enough flashes already.... I would be shocked if that happened. More likely Williams gets cut, IMO.

The Cowboys won't cut Ogletree...he is already a fan favorite, and has shown enough flashes already.... I would be shocked if that happened. More likely Williams gets cut, IMO.

Call it Jerruh "opting out" of Williams' contract. :cry:

I think it's hilarious that Bryant told him to carry his own dang pads. Now, on the other hand, I bet he'd be carrying the pads if Demarcus Ware told him to do so. He knows Williams has been a chump in Big D, he knows that he was drafted as his eventual replacement, and now he's just driving the point home a little more IMO. Your days are all but numbered Roy Williams.

Maybe so, but by making a stink over a harmless little thing that everyone does, Bryant shows himself to be the punk that people assumed he was before the draft. The same attitude that cost him millions of dollars on his rookie contract is still intact.

The guy flat sucks. another TexASS bust

He has similiar numbers to Lee Evans, and until last year, was one some bad teams.

http://www.nfl.com/players/leeevans/profile?id=EVA454901

LE - 340rec 5,356yrds 15.8avg 39 td

RW - 319rec 4,678yrds 14.7avg 37 td

I liked him a lot in Detroit.

He did own us that one game

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxs...00610150det.htm

Bottom line is we could use another reciever - and they shouldnt be an allstar. they should be a compliment player to our O so that we get some quality part time production at a good price. BC of his mega deal with Dallas, should he get cut, we could get him at a discount price because of the $$$ he is still owed by Dallas. If he is cut I think adding him would be a great move. We know he is not a super star but that doesnt mean he wouldnt help this team turn it around.

I don't think you'll find more than a few people who think that the Cowboys won in spite of Switzer, not because of him. It's similar to the 49'ers winning a SB with Seifert after Walsh stepped down.

And I didn't realize that WEO's pad-carrying thing was what actually happened. That's pretty dumb on Bryant's part.

I totally agree that they won and SB despite the SB and not because of him under Switxer. This is important though not as a comparison of Switzer to Jimmy J, but simply as an indicator that the evidence tends to indicate that the HC role for the Boys (be it Switzer or JJ) is pretty far from the key element in their victory.

IMHO, I think JJ and his attitude were key elements to the Boys winning their first Bowls with him, but winning the second bowl without him I think is a pretty good indicator that a lot of what was key for this team in terms of their in game execution and control of the game was actually dictated by a fairly stellar group of onfield talent rather than by the dictates or direction of the HC.

Ironically, I think that the critical elements that an HC is well positioned to bring to an SB winner which JJ did bring to the Boys was actually one of the few things a football stiff like Switzer could bring which was that he was a great college coach who did provide a rah centerpiece for the team to coalesce around. Both Switzer and JJ provided that. Switzer provided little else as he is not an Xs and Os guy that in the classic model you would want your HC to be. However, the Boys had enough stud players on the field and quality leadership from folks like Aikmsn and Emmit that they could rein in insane talents like Irvin or Deion even with an HC who was more of a liability than strength.

The Boys won despite Switzer and my guess is that while Jj was a positive that they also likely would have won even without JJ as well and certainly he does not deserve the lionshare or all the credit for their SB win under his guidance.

In the end, HCs get too much credit and too much blame, but taking fall for the blame and it is to be hoped graciously sharing the credit it part of the reason the job gets paid so much.

I totally agree that they won and SB despite the SB and not because of him under Switxer. This is important though not as a comparison of Switzer to Jimmy J, but simply as an indicator that the evidence tends to indicate that the HC role for the Boys (be it Switzer or JJ) is pretty far from the key element in their victory.

IMHO, I think JJ and his attitude were key elements to the Boys winning their first Bowls with him, but winning the second bowl without him I think is a pretty good indicator that a lot of what was key for this team in terms of their in game execution and control of the game was actually dictated by a fairly stellar group of onfield talent rather than by the dictates or direction of the HC.

Ironically, I think that the critical elements that an HC is well positioned to bring to an SB winner which JJ did bring to the Boys was actually one of the few things a football stiff like Switzer could bring which was that he was a great college coach who did provide a rah centerpiece for the team to coalesce around. Both Switzer and JJ provided that. Switzer provided little else as he is not an Xs and Os guy that in the classic model you would want your HC to be. However, the Boys had enough stud players on the field and quality leadership from folks like Aikmsn and Emmit that they could rein in insane talents like Irvin or Deion even with an HC who was more of a liability than strength.

The Boys won despite Switzer and my guess is that while Jj was a positive that they also likely would have won even without JJ as well and certainly he does not deserve the lionshare or all the credit for their SB win under his guidance.

In the end, HCs get too much credit and too much blame, but taking fall for the blame and it is to be hoped graciously sharing the credit it part of the reason the job gets paid so much.

My point with Jerruh was that he claimed the HW trade and SB wins were his doing. While I can't rule out his claim that any coach could have won SB's with that Cowboys team, Jones' teams have had substantially less success since JJ has been gone, i.e. Jerruh hasn't been able to recreate that early success.

Maybe so, but by making a stink over a harm little thing that everyone does, Bryant shows himself to be the punk that people assumed he was before the draft. The same attitude that cost him millions of dollars on his rookie contract is still intact.

I agree with that, but you can't say he isn't smart. He knew he could say not to 'williams' and the other veteran's who'd normally be on him like Peter King on a free buffet..did a collective..'meh, it's Roy Williams'

I don't think he will get cut, if they wanna dump him they will find someone who will give up a 6th or 7th round pick, which would be embarrasing after what they gave up for him not too long ago. He did manhandle the Bills a few years ago when they played in Detroit, he made the Bills look like little boys.
I don't know if they would be able to dump his salary via a trade. I am sure talent wise a team would give up a 5-7th round selection but they don't want him at the ridiculous salary he makes.
Call it Jerruh "opting out" of Williams' contract. :ph34r:

At the time the 'Boys traded for Williams, he signed a very rich contract with them.

"The Cowboys and Williams agreed to a five-year extension worth $45 million, including more than $20 million guaranteed, a source told ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen."

Yes. He's untradeable.

At the time the 'Boys traded for Williams, he signed a very rich contract with them.

"The Cowboys and Williams agreed to a five-year extension worth $45 million, including more than $20 million guaranteed, a source told ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen."

Yes. He's untradeable.

It was considered a dumb (HW-like) trade at the time. It looks even worse now.