I say Indy wins the AFC.

ICE

No. ICE Indy will not win the AFC. They will be on the road and Peyton has a habbit of choking in meaningful games.

Frankly I think if Baltimore makes it into the playoffs they will knock Indy off in round 1.

NE is still the team to beat in the NFL, not just the AFC.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Conventional wisdom says great defense will beat great offence. Pittsburgh has the best defense of the top three teams. In theory their defense trumps Indy's offence, but Pittsburgh's offence has started lookng pretty vulnerable the last few games. The Patriots arent as good on offence as Indy or as good as Pittsburgh on defence, but they are a more complete team than either. I don't think I'm ready to make a prediction. I only hope it's not the Patriots again. Patriot fans are insufferable enough as it is.

Conventional wisdom says great defense will beat great offence.  Pittsburgh has the best defense of the top three teams.  In theory their defense trumps Indy's offence, but Pittsburgh's offence has started lookng pretty vulnerable the last few games.  The Patriots arent as good on offence as Indy or as good as Pittsburgh on defence, but they are a more complete team than either.  I don't think I'm ready to make a prediction.  I only hope it's not the Patriots again.  Patriot fans are insufferable enough as it is.

143641[/snapback]

Im sorry, but I dont understand why many here just automatically think Pittsburgh has the best defense in the AFC. Say what you want about the Pats, they just have that uncanny knack to make the biggest play at the biggest times. Sure Pitt smacked NE in the regular season, but in many ways that can be a false barometer on judging a matchup. (No Dillon, Secondary banged up, etc)

Remember in 1991 when Buffao got smacked at KC 33-6 on MNF (I believe Levy was fined 1K for the lip service vulgarities on display that night) and then proceeded to whip the Chiefs 37-14 in the playoffs the same year??? Playoffs for the most part are a COMPLETELY different animal.

I hate the Pats with a passion, but Im sorry to say, I really do not envision Pittsburgh winning the rematch with the Pats. Indy IMO has a somewhat better chance of beating NE to get to the SB, but I just do not see it.

Who is with me.  I just feel they can beat both NE and Pitt and even do it in back to back games.

143528[/snapback]

Indy's offense is by far the best in football right now, so I agree they can beat both Pitt and NE, but if they have to play both of those games on the road, I think someone will beat them.

Colts@Patriots(Rematch of last year)-Patriots

143583[/snapback]

You do realize that if the refs had actually showed up at the game last year either a) sober, or B) with their eyeglasses, then the Colts would have won that one?

You don't think the world will let slide 2 consecutive mighty obvious thrown games in a row, do you?

You do realize that if the refs had actually showed up at the game last year either a) sober, or B) with their eyeglasses, then the Colts would have won that one?

You don't think the world will let slide 2 consecutive mighty obvious thrown games in a row, do you?

143675[/snapback]

Please stop. :doh: What about Peyton's four interceptions? It wasn't a one score game you know.

Please stop.  :doh: What about Peyton's four interceptions? It wasn't a one score game you know.

143681[/snapback]

Exactly.

The calls only made a difference because the Colts got outplayed in the first three quarters. Had the Colts made the early plays instead of the 4 picks, those calls wouldn't have made a difference.

Not sure what Manning's record is against Pitt but he's 0-7 against the Pats and, being the chocker in the playoffs that he is, I seriously doubt he changes that trend of losing to the Pats anytime soon. Especially on the frozen field at Foxborough.

choker went to the AFC Championship game and lost a close game to the eventual SuperBowl Champs and a team that has won 25 of 26 games. He has lost three playoff games. One the idiot kicker missed a game winning field goal in. That must have be Peytons fault. The first was his first playoff game. A close game in his second year of the league.

I guess Kelly was the biggest choker to ever play the game Mr. Guest!

The good news for Colts fans is that in the past three weeks, they've beaten their opponents a total of 131-33, and their last win was on a short week. This gives every indication that their defense is clearly improving at just the right time.

The bad news for Colts fans is that in the past three weeks, they've played Houston, Chicago and Detroit, and you could argue that they SHOULD collectively beat those teams by almost 100 points.

While their defense is ranked second to last in the league (only the Saints have a worst defense) they are number one in takeaways for the year at +17, which likely is what is helping them so much the past few games.

You can rely on the performance of the offense, so I think as they come down the stretch, the key will not so much be the performance of its defense, but rather how Dungy gameplans for the big games.

New England can win on the road in the playoffs, I doubt Pittsburgh or Indy could do the same in Foxboro.

144147[/snapback]

I believe Indy would have won last year - despite all the miscues - if Marvin Harrison didn't have to drag Patriot DBs around like he was a cart horse.

The emergence of Dallas Clark is the reason Indy can (and will) win in Foxboro this time around.

I believe Indy would have won last year - despite all the miscues - if Marvin Harrison didn't have to drag Patriot DBs around like he was a cart horse.

The emergence of Dallas Clark is the reason Indy can (and will) win in Foxboro this time around.

144166[/snapback]

There was a lot more to that game than that. Start with the 4 interceptions AND the fumbles.

The Colts arent winning in Foxboro and most likely they'll have to win in Pittsburgh to even GET to Foxboro.

Who is with me.  I just feel they can beat both NE and Pitt and even do it in back to back games.

143528[/snapback]

Don't know if Peyton and his boys can win either at Heinz field or Gillette Stadium come January.