I say Indy wins the AFC.

ICE

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is with me.  I just feel they can beat both NE and Pitt and even do it in back to back games.

143528[/snapback]

What are you smoking Ice, the Colts have to play the Patriots or the Steelers on their home field, and with their Swiss Cheese defense, neither team will have any problems beating them...and don't forget Peyton chokes big time in the playoffs...

Who is with me.  I just feel they can beat both NE and Pitt and even do it in back to back games.

143528[/snapback]

I have little doubt that Indy wins it. Nobody can stop their offense. Their defense is coming together. This is Peyton's year. The whole team understands that Marvin and the "Edge" aren't coming back. It's lights out in Indy.

Depends where the games are played.  They are not a bad-weather team.

143541[/snapback]

The Colts in bad weather is still the best offense in football. By a longshot. They are solid at every position on offense. Their defense is getting better fast.

Patriots are going to win the AFC and probably the superbowl once again.

The Steelers and Bill Cowher will find a way to screw this wonderful season up some how in the playoffs.

It will go like this:

AFC East:Patriots-#1

AFC North:Steelers-#2

AFC West:Chargers-#4

AFC South-Colts-#3

WC1:Jets-#5

WC2:Ravens-#6

Ravens@Colts-Colts

Jets@Chargers-Jets

Colts@Steelers-Colts

Jets@Patriots-Patriots

Colts@Patriots(Rematch of last year)-Patriots

Superbowl:Patriots over Falcons.

143583[/snapback]

Looks about right, except I can't see Manning winning at Pittsburgh.

Pats are taking it again.

If I had to bet, it would be on Pittsburgh. A dominant defense and a strong running game, along with a QB who won't get you beat. The Patriots' defense isn't as good as that of the Steelers.

143587[/snapback]

Yeah, but their QB is alot better and he actually has playoff experience.

The Colts in bad weather is still the best offense in football.  By a longshot.  They are solid at every position on offense.  Their defense is getting better fast.

143586[/snapback]

As the Bills learned so painfully, defense wins championships. The Colts would have foundered in the mud last weekend in Foxboro.

Hey, I'll root for anyone against the Patsies this year, but I just don't see Payton getting it done on the road with that overrated coach and crappy defense.

The formula for beating Indy is simple - and I don't know why more teams haven't done it. Come to think of it, the only team that I saw pull this off was NE week 1. Anyway, the formula is this: LET THEM RUN THE BALL. Play with 6 defensive backs, heck, play with 7. Let them chew up clock on the ground, and you'll be able to limit the number of points they put on the board. When you have the ball, you do the same thing, because they can't stop the run. Chew up enough clock running and letting them run that the game comes down to the final 4-5 minutes; then it's just a coinflip crapshoot. It's the only way you're gonna beat 'em. Belicheck is smart enough to do it; Cowher ain't.

Of the three - Pitt, Indy, and NE - I think Pitt is the pretender among them. Big Ben has had a good run, but I don't see him competing with Manning or Brady. I think he'll be the downfall of the Steelers in their first playoff game. Of the three teams I think Indy may be able to get over the hump this year. Their D has come along enough to be an average unit instead of a perpetual liability. The team I'd watch out for is San Diego......they just seem to have something going this year. I don't think they'll go to the bowl, but they could easily play the role of spoiler.

If I had to bet, it would be on Pittsburgh. A dominant defense and a strong running game, along with a QB who won't get you beat. The Patriots' defense isn't as good as that of the Steelers.

143587[/snapback]

Although the current statistics don't show it, NE's defense is better than Pittsburgh's, especially when the Pats are healthy. LeBeau has done a great job masking some of the Steelers' weaknesses in the secondary, but it will show up in the playoffs when they're not jumping out to 14-0 leads in the 1st Qtr.

The team I'd watch out for is San Diego......they just seem to have something going this year. I don't think they'll go to the bowl, but they could easily play the role of spoiler.

143611[/snapback]

Don't forget who their coach is... :doh:

Marty is a lock to lose in the Wild Card round. :D

The formula for beating Indy is simple - and I don't know why more teams haven't done it.  Come to think of it, the only team that I saw pull this off was NE week 1.  Anyway, the formula is this: LET THEM RUN THE BALL.  Play with 6 defensive backs, heck, play with 7.  Let them chew up clock on the ground, and you'll be able to limit the number of points they put on the board.  When you have the ball, you do the same thing, because they can't stop the run.  Chew up enough clock running and letting them run that the game comes down to the final 4-5 minutes; then it's just a coinflip crapshoot.  It's the only way you're gonna beat 'em.  Belicheck is smart enough to do it; Cowher ain't.

143608[/snapback]

I think you're right, and that strategy would beat Indy...but I don't know that NE could effectively play that game. They're already playing a linebacker at safety and a friggin' WR at corner...where the hell would they find six defensive backs to put on the field?