I say Indy wins the AFC.

ICE

There was a lot more to that game than that.  Start with the 4 interceptions AND the fumbles.   

The Colts arent winning in Foxboro and most likely they'll have to win in Pittsburgh to even GET to Foxboro.

144177[/snapback]

Fair enough. But don't be surprised if they take out the 2nd seed Pats on their way to taking out the 1st seed Stillers. These Colts looks like the 2nd coming of the 90-91 Bills. Too many weapons.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

choker went to the AFC Championship game and lost a close game to the eventual SuperBowl Champs and a team that has won 25 of 26 games. He has lost three playoff games. One the idiot kicker missed a game winning field goal in. That must have be Peytons fault. The first was his first playoff game.  A close game in his second year of the league.

I guess Kelly was the biggest choker to ever play the game Mr. Guest!

144049[/snapback]

What about in college? Ask Tennessee fans how they feel about Peyton's performances in big games? Particularly vs Florida. He couldn't win there either.

3 time is a fluke, 8 years of it then it becomes a pattern. Until he breaks that pattern he will rightfully wear the choke chain.

Still, if the Bills don't make it, I will be rooting for him and Indy. I just can't pick em until Manning shows he can do it when it counts.

What about in college? Ask Tennessee fans how they feel about Peyton's performances in big games? Particularly vs Florida. He couldn't win there either.

3 time is a fluke, 8 years of it then it becomes a pattern. Until he breaks that pattern he will rightfully wear the choke chain.

Still, if the Bills don't make it, I will be rooting for him and Indy. I just can't pick em until Manning shows he can do it when it counts.

144400[/snapback]

Or John Elway.

choke artist too under these set of criteria.

Until the two superbowls.

Peyton is LOVED in Tenn. LOVED. Went to the TENN vs INDY game couple years ago in TENN and e got the loudest cheer in pregame. LOVED!

144400[/snapback]

Yep. Just like Loser Dan... at least Manning will have some records to look at. :w00t:

Or John Elway.

choke artist too under these set of criteria.

Until the two superbowls.

Peyton is LOVED in Tenn. LOVED. Went to the TENN vs INDY game couple years ago in TENN and e got the loudest cheer in pregame. LOVED!

144448[/snapback]

Of course he is. Yet they won the national championship as soon as he left.

Elway never wore the tag simply because he led so many fourth quarter comebacks before the superbowl disasters. But...he also MADE it to the big dance. Something Manning has yet to do.

Don't get me wrong Jay. I like Manning. I think he is a class guy with a great head and arm. If more athletes were as professional as him, sports would be so much better in general. But he needs to win a ring before he can be propelled into the Top 10 QBs of all time and erase the choker label that follows him around.

I for one will be rooting for him to do so. I just don't see it happening this year.

Who is with me.  I just feel they can beat both NE and Pitt and even do it in back to back games.

143528[/snapback]

Sniffing glue?? That defense, despite a few nice weeks against stevestojantty offenses, is still attrocious, and cannot play in non-dome, peak conditions. If they go to Pittsburgh or NE they will get anhilated by superior defenses and true ball-control offense.

Guest BackInDaDay

Jeez guys, didn't ya know we're still mathematically alive :devil:

Had to get that in, sorry.

Remember last season's Colts/Broncos finale? Denver came hard up the middle making Manning move right into a rotated secondary. They beat them pretty good. But the next week, when it counted, the Colts had an answer and knocked the Broncos out of the playoffs.

My point is, last season it may have been possible to get pressure on Manning without exposing your D. At least for one game. This year, he seems to be seeing everything you're trying to set up, pre-snap.

A good test to see how far they can go will be their regular season game against the Ravens. I think it's in 2/3 weeks. If Manning & Co can stand up to that very physical D, they may do well against Pitt's. Will the Colt receivers disappear after being mugged a few times?

I don't know it the Pats can keep up with them defensively, but if anyone can come up with disguising his D intentions, it's Belichik.

Coach Tuesday made a good point about limiting the Colts possesions with a 'bend - don't break' D, but I think the Colts' passing game is too fluid to limit the YAC with personnel. They'll find the cracks and exploit them.

You've got to unsettle the QB, pressure and coverage wise, and like alot of us have been saying, that won't be easy the way he's playing. But games can get out control fast, as we're all aware :D , so ya never know.

You people are all completely high.

The Bills are going to run the table and squeak into the playoffs, and with the defense playing lights out, the offense getting revved up, and the special teams splattering people all over the place, we will proceed to place a complete stranglehold on three tough teams on the road to snatch the AFC title when nobody's looking.

You people are all completely high.

The Bills are going to run the table and squeak into the playoffs, and with the defense playing lights out, the offense getting revved up, and the special teams splattering people all over the place, we will proceed to place a complete stranglehold on three tough teams on the road to snatch the AFC title when nobody's looking.

144514[/snapback]

I know you're joking, but that still would be so cool.

If only!

Who is with me.  I just feel they can beat both NE and Pitt and even do it in back to back games.

143528[/snapback]

It could happen, but what about reality? The only way I could see them winning is if they can somehow finish with a better record than the Steelers or the Patriots. Going back to back road games against two great teams is a tremendous challenge.

Elway never wore the tag simply because he led so many fourth quarter comebacks before the superbowl disasters. But...he also MADE it to the big dance. Something Manning has yet to do.

Don't get me wrong Jay. I like Manning. I think he is a class guy with a great head and arm. If more athletes were as professional as him, sports would be so much better in general. But he needs to win a ring before he can be propelled into the Top 10 QBs of all time and erase the choker label that follows him around.

I for one will be rooting for him to do so. I just don't see it happening this year.

144461[/snapback]

The Top 10 Qb is fair.

The choker label is ridiculous.

Basically every QB in the NFL minus- Brady, B. Johnson, Dilfer, Farve, and Warner are chokers??

144461[/snapback]

I also agree that it will be tough to run the AFC table this year.

143528[/snapback]

i doubt it. it doesn't look like the Colts will have home field against either team. i think they could beat one of them, but not back to back on the road.

plus...the Colts "D" isn't going to win any championships.