The truth about Flutie !!!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dilfer didn't lose. Flutie did, in often aggravating fashion. The Titans would have made the mighty midget look silly.

Dilfer did a TON of losing, often in embarrassing fashion, until he came to a team that had an historically great defense. In '99, if you did actually watch, you would know that we had a very good D. Not a single, living, breathing soul has ever claimed it was historically great.

We will never know how Flutie would have done against the Titans. I thought Johnson showed more in that game than he did in those week 17 blowouts that I'm sure you loved/were hoodwinked by...and as we all know, we had the game won until David Boston's incompetent father didn't get himself in position to see the illegal forward pass. Being that I am honest and don't come here to give smartass one line answers, I can admit that I have doubts the game would have been any different with Flutie...but I have little doubt that there were MANY losses after that game that would not have happened if Flutie had played.

You HAVE to be kidding

No. I actually don't HAVE to be kidding. The only mistake that was made was putting him in charge of special teams. From what I understand, he was a very good defensive coach.

You don't make moves to appease the fickle fans. They would continue to buy tickets anyways, as there is nothing else to do out there. Sabres? PLEASE!

I did. Flutie didn't look like the second coming of Johnny Unitas, but he did what needed to be done to win games. He fit that team like Dilfer fit the Ravens. Look what happened to both teams when they let their QB go.

Oh thats right...Flutie did what was needed to win the games, and the other 52 players were responsible for the losses.

Flutie: 2 seasons as starter, 2 seasons in the playoffs

Since Flutie, zero playoff berths in 10 years. But obviously, Flutie was the problem. :rolleyes:

So let me get this straight...JP Losman puts up an identical statistical season to 1999 doug flutie in 2006, yet flutie is the reason that the Bills made the playoffs. Yeah, right.

Doug Flutie. As many playoff wins as any other QB since Jim Kelly.

No. I actually don't HAVE to be kidding. The only mistake that was made was putting him in charge of special teams. From what I understand, he was a very good defensive coach.

You don't make moves to appease the fickle fans. They would continue to buy tickets anyways, as there is nothing else to do out there. Sabres? PLEASE!

we had good defensive coaches...#1 defense in the league in 99

Firing him wouldn't be a move to appease fickle fans..he coached the most pathetic special teams unit we've ever seen...you don't keep coaches on staff just because he's your buddy

Now I've seen it all...someone who actually didn't want Jones fired :rolleyes: I figured you had to be kidding because I never thought anyone would actually back Wade on keeping Ronnie Jones around

My recollection of Flutie is something like this...

He plays like sh*t for 3 quarters but the defense keeps us in the game. But then Flutie suddenly gets accurate in the 4th quarter and scrambles like a demon, leading the Bills to a last minute TD and a 17-14 victory.

The 4th quarter heroics could never quite make me forget the 3 quarters of abysmal quarterbacking.

To say this another way... I'm still saving my Kelly Krunch but my box of Flutie Flakes was eaten and discarded a long time ago.

actually thats sounds like this team the last couple years ....minus the qb getting hot part. I'd take it

we had good defensive coaches...#1 defense in the league in 99

Firing him wouldn't be a move to appease fickle fans..he coached the most pathetic special teams unit we've ever seen...you don't keep coaches on staff just because he's your buddy

Now I've seen it all...someone who actually didn't want Jones fired :rolleyes: I figured you had to be kidding because I never thought anyone would actually back Wade on keeping Ronnie Jones around

Actually, Wade Phillips wanted him on staff. That's more than enough for me. I hope Wade wins the superbowl this year

Dilfer didn't lose. Flutie did, in often aggravating fashion. The Titans would have made the mighty midget look silly.

You mean like 10 completions, 6 sacks and 2 (lost) fumbles and 0 TDs? Or did you mean "sillier".

Actually, Wade Phillips wanted him on staff. That's more than enough for me. I hope Wade wins the superbowl this year

so you not only share Wade's love for an inept coach, but you're rooting for someone who quit on the Bills twice? ROFL!!

I remember thinking all the Flutie bashing was a joke... I kept waiting for the punchline and everybody kept blasting.

I remember having a lot of fun watching those teams. I never felt like we were out of it...yeah we had a great defense, but so do a lot of teams that win... It was more fun to go to the playoffs and lose, then to listen to !@#$bags argue over us throwing our last five games for a draft pick.

so you not only share Wade's love for an inept coach, but you're rooting for someone who quit on the Bills twice? ROFL!!

Too bad they weren't smart enough to keep Wade. I am sure he just saw Buffalo as a stepping stone.....just like the guy who just left UB. The Bills aren't even a steppingstone anymore, they are a dead end

Too bad they weren't smart enough to keep Wade. I am sure he just saw Buffalo as a stepping stone.....just like the guy who just left UB. The Bills aren't even a steppingstone anymore, they are [it's] a dead end

Fixed it for you.