Your Favorite Dead Musician

Chef Jim

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he's been dead to me since the Faces broke up

:thumbsup:

Ian McLagan, Ron Wood and Kenny Jones are doing a few Faces reunion shows this summer, at different European music festivals...the part of Rod Stewart will be played by the singer from Simply Red. I talked to McLagan a few weeks ago, he assures me that the guy can sing his ass off...said Rod still had about a century of songs to "murder", so he wasn't available.

He also mentioned that they might do a small US tour next spring!

btw- shame on me for not mentioning Townes and Ronnie Laine on my moldy oldies list! And Thelonius Monk...Elvis Presley...Brian Jones, and about a 100 others...

If you are a Townes Van Zandt fan, you should check out the documentary "Be Here to Love Me", if you haven't already. It is heartbreaking...guy had a lot in common with Gram Parsons, the way it struck me.

:thumbsup:

Ian McLagan, Ron Wood and Kenny Jones are doing a few Faces reunion shows this summer, at different European music festivals...the part of Rod Stewart will be played by the singer from Simply Red. I talked to McLagan a few weeks ago, he assures me that the guy can sing his ass off...said Rod still had about a century of songs to "murder", so he wasn't available.

He also mentioned that they might do a small US tour next spring!

btw- shame on me for not mentioning Townes and Ronnie Laine on my moldy oldies list! And Thelonius Monk...Elvis Presley...Brian Jones, and about a 100 others...

If you are a Townes Van Zandt fan, you should check out the documentary "Be Here to Love Me", if you haven't already. It is heartbreaking...guy had a lot in common with Gram Parsons, the way it struck me.

I heard about that. Mick Hucknell...I don't get it. What I find interesting about the reunion is the role of Ronnie Laine will be played by Glenn Matlock from the Sex Pistols. That may be something.

Be Here To Love Me is amazing. never expected him to be as nerdy as he was. Heartbreaking and funny in some weird ways. Just got a double live LP of his last week. A deadly live performer.

And shame on me for not saying Vern Gosdin and Brian Jones

I'm going to mention Michael Hedges. Probably not that well known, but had a unique style that was really nice to listen to.

he certainly was on his way to becoming well known, that's for sure. i was very happy to have seen him twice; once alone acoustic, and the other time paired with bassist michael manring