Your Favorite Dead Musician

Chef Jim

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bob Dylan.

(I always assume "tonight" is his night, so we'll see if he fits this topic tomorrow. If so, my post will make sense in saying that he is simply amazing. Beautiful lyrics, absolutely awful voice, and 3 scoops of weirdness to make him the best.

Fine, my answer that fits the topic? Stevie Ray Vaughn

Musician? Jerry.

Favorite member? Pigpen.

I love the Dead and I love their jamming, but at the end of the day, they started out as a rock/blues band, and pigpen was the bluesman.

edit: In an attempt to figure out whether you meant "deceased" or "Grateful Dead" by asking about a "dead musician", I satisfied both definitions.

I am trying to decide between Furthur or Jack Johnson concerts tonight. Have seen RatDog, Phil Lesh and Friends and DSO in recent months. Never saw Jack Johnson and am a HUUUUUUUUGE fan. Reports are that the Furthur tour is absolutely fabulous....

Jerry............. :rolleyes:

I am trying to decide between Furthur or Jack Johnson concerts tonight. Have seen RatDog, Phil Lesh and Friends and DSO in recent months. Never saw Jack Johnson and am a HUUUUUUUUGE fan. Reports are that the Furthur tour is absolutely fabulous....

Furthur. As I mentioned I saw them this past New Year's Eve and they played four sets and five hours. John Kadlecik does a great job filling in for Jerry. You can close your eyes and almost imagine Jerry's there.

i have done that several times with DSO....Kadlecik does a great job...i might see if i can sneak into furthur, but its gonna kill me to miss Jack Johnson(i bet the chicks will be hotter at Jack Johnson...easier at furthur though)

Furthur. As I mentioned I saw them this past New Year's Eve and they played four sets and five hours. John Kadlecik does a great job filling in for Jerry. You can close your eyes and almost imagine Jerry's there.

Furthur, absolutely. This tour is amazing.

Is this supposed to be our favorite Dead musician, or our favorite dead musician? :rolleyes: