Great email exchange....

theesir

It's funny, but wow that guy is a dick.

That's why I don't think it's true....Nobody is going to be that persistant with a guy who is obviously being a dick.........And, this first poster caught a smoking gun:

it sounds like it's coming from the UK ("colour" instead of "color," foreign telephone number), but then the reward is in $ (I presume U.S. currency)? Is this whole thing a hoax? Just sayin'......

That's why I don't think it's true....Nobody is going to be that persistant with a guy who is obviously being a dick.........And, this first poster caught a smoking gun:

it sounds like it's coming from the UK ("colour" instead of "color," foreign telephone number), but then the reward is in $ (I presume U.S. currency)? Is this whole thing a hoax? Just sayin'......

That dude is an Australian satirist. It is a joke IMO

That dude is an Australian satirist. It is a joke IMO

Yeah I agree, the thread feels abit contrived.

I've read thru a few humorous (or is it humourous :devil:) emails and email threads (Confession of an IT Nazi - you do realize that when you send an email at work other people can read it?). And this one feels planned

I disagree. David Thorne is an obvious pseudonym, but I can't figure out if his real name is Tom or Darin.

Dude, your Joined date is: 6-September 01

And you still haven't figured out that Tom = Darin = You = Me = Booster = Crayonz = Booster = Me = You = Darin = Tom

Don't canadians put the "u" in words like that too? Anyway, that little catch really doesn't mean anything. It could easily be explained away by saying it's a british guy who is working in the States.

Don't canadians put the "u" in words like that too? Anyway, that little catch really doesn't mean anything. It could easily be explained away by saying it's a british guy who is working in the States.

Then why the foreign phone number?

No... You think so. :devil: I find it rather dumb and not funny... Oh well, to each their own. Is this what passes for stupid white collar humour? Notice my "ou?" :w00t:

Also: Who says: "I will post it in my suburb." :w00t:

If they really wanted to make it believable, why not make it consistent... A secretary? Also include real numbers that are blacked out. I find this rather sloppy. Okay, maybe the idea of the clueless designer is sorta funny along withg a secretary looking for a service that they could easily handle. Doesn't a secretary usually handle chores like this? Faster to do it herself. Right off the bat the way it is set up tells you that it is a glaring fake.

Then why the foreign phone number?

Because that is the number one rule for making hoaxes seem more believable... Make them centered around a far away place... The people have a harder time determining the validity of the thing. I didn't notice it, but did you catch the time stamps? What did those look like? Hint: I think they were in day, month, year format?