Worried when Bills are trying to sell me on Kelsay

Kelsay is totally fooled by every form of offensive trickery. He is a physically talented guy, but unless they use him exclusively as a rush end we are screwed. I think he is the weakest link on the defense.

If Schobel wanted to play, he would obviously be much better than Kelsay at this position.

I am surprised nobody else than Ellis and Batten are competing for the position. They wont start a rookie there until Kelsay gets benched, so in week 3 look for a change.

If Kelsay is not the obvious starter during the offseason, I dont see how keeping him on the roster with his big salary can be justified. Im going to say if he is clearly not the best player at that position he will not be on the roster come training camp. Now wether or not he has trade value or not Im not for sure

Kelsay has been nothing but a professional his entire career here. He deserves a shot to see what he brings at OLB. If he can't make the transition, then he will get be cut. But he deserves a shot.

Stop worrying about propaganda. What's the point of it? No one has to sell you on the Bills. Kelsay is who we have. Period. You can't draft 30 players. He either gets the job done or he doesn't.

PTR

cant +1 these posts enough

Kelsay is totally fooled by every form of offensive trickery. He is a physically talented guy, but unless they use him exclusively as a rush end we are screwed. I think he is the weakest link on the defense.

If Schobel wanted to play, he would obviously be much better than Kelsay at this position.

I am surprised nobody else than Ellis and Batten are competing for the position. They wont start a rookie there until Kelsay gets benched, so in week 3 look for a change.

He does not seem fluid enough and comes across as way too stiff in the hips and slow in the footwork to be an effective linebacker.

Kelsay is totally fooled by every form of offensive trickery. He is a physically talented guy...

Kelsay is not a physically talented guy. He is a strong hard working player with no natural talent. He tries, and has a "high motor" as they say but talent is where he is truly lacking.

Look at the bright side. It could have been yet another article aboout Maybinot.

Maybinot? I don't think its fair to call Maybin Maybinot after just one rookie season in which his coaches never gave him more then perhaps one or two consecutive reps in any one game.

I'm not thrilled with George Edwards being plucked by Chan from Chan's past buddies he coached with before, despite the fact Edwards had never been a DC. But that is always the way the game works, so I'll have to give Edwards his due chance. Even the great Belicheck was never a DC before Parcells first gave him the chance with the Giants.

So I can only hope that George is smart enough to play the hell out of Maybin all through training camp and give the kid a real shot at starting this season.

He does not seem fluid enough and comes across as way too stiff in the hips and slow in the footwork to be an effective linebacker.

Better get out to OBD and let the coaches know. Right now they have him slotted as a starter. Obviously, those guys know jack squat. :thumbsup:

Kelsay is not a physically talented guy. He is a strong hard working player with no natural talent. He tries, and has a "high motor" as they say but talent is where he is truly lacking.

Kelsey obviously isn't the most talented guy in the world but saying he has no natural talent is flat out wrong. You don't get a scholarship to Nebraska or a 2nd round NFL draft choice without some natural talent.

Maybinot? I don't think its fair to call Maybin Maybinot after just one rookie season in which his coaches never gave him more then perhaps one or two consecutive reps in any one game.

I'm not thrilled with George Edwards being plucked by Chan from Chan's past buddies he coached with before, despite the fact Edwards had never been a DC. But that is always the way the game works, so I'll have to give Edwards his due chance. Even the great Belicheck was never a DC before Parcells first gave him the chance with the Giants.

So I can only hope that George is smart enough to play the hell out of Maybin all through training camp and give the kid a real shot at starting this season.

Before we stole him, Edwards was going to be the new dc at Florida. If he is good enough for the best college program in the country, I'm willing to give him a shot here.

Don't know where you get your information on the trickery, he seems to be an intelligent player. He is coming off of a strong season. He is physically talented as you say. He is the veteran in the group. I hope he can do it. Not sure he has the skills to cover? We will see.

Did Aaron make even a single play of any significance last year?

Maybinot.

Did he put in extra practice instead of tweeting all day long?

Maybinot.

Did he avoid being manhandled when he did get in the game?

Maybinot.

Is he at a position that typically has a long learning curve?

Maybinot.

Will he amount to anything at all?

Maybe. Maybinot.

Don't know where you get your information on the trickery, he seems to be an intelligent player. He is coming off of a strong season. He is physically talented as you say. He is the veteran in the group. I hope he can do it. Not sure he has the skills to cover? We will see.

He had a "strong season"? As the LDE of the 30th ranked rush defense in the league?

:rolleyes:

Really? Buffalo needs to turn the page on this guy and find someone who can play, and save the millions of $

they are paying him.

all kidding aside, kelsay has been a major disappointment after being given too much money to re-sign, but he had easily his best season last year and was one of the best players on the entire team

im being serious when i say if he was black people would think completely differently right now, he would be the player that finally bloomed and people would be excited about having him. but because hes white the image of his only having a 'high motor' and prior years underperformance persists

after all we have been through with race in this country, aint that a B word