Troy Smith to Buffalo speculation

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just another jack a** reporter shooting off at the mouth because he clearly hasnt followed the Bills QB situation this offseason. The biggest indicator is that he says Brohm and Brown are looking more and more like practice squad material...that alone shows what a jack a** this guy is because if he was REALLY paying attention to the Bills battle he would know that Brohm is very much in the running for the #1 spot and has shown a lot of growth.

I mean, there is literally nothing to this story on any level worth reporting, yet he writes it as if Bufflao is looking to make this trade...

:censored::censored::thumbsup::cry::thumbdown:

This is a retread. Quoting the Shmuck article.

Boy, if they use a pick on this guy, all the "we're building through the draft" guys will hemorrhage into thier toilet bowls.

Just another jack a** reporter shooting off at the mouth because he clearly hasnt followed the Bills QB situation this offseason. The biggest indicator is that he says Brohm and Brown are looking more and more like practice squad material...that alone shows what a jack a** this guy is because if he was REALLY paying attention to the Bills battle he would know that Brohm is very much in the running for the #1 spot and has shown a lot of growth.

I mean, there is literally nothing to this story on any level worth reporting, yet he writes it as if Bufflao is looking to make this trade...

:censored::censored::thumbsup::cry::thumbdown:

shoot the friggin messenger ferchrissakes :death:

Why, because he says he has? Please.

Why, because he says he has? Please.

Well, actually because Chan Gailey said so:

http://www.courier-journal.com/article/201...ls-starting-job

Gailey recently said there will be "a pecking order" once camp starts this month but added that everyone still has a chance. Brohm has impressed him."The last two weeks he's made a jump in my opinion," Gailey said on the team's website. "I thought he practiced well. We'll have to see how he progresses once we get pads on and all that. But I thought he made a good jump."

Now admittedly it's just talk at this point. But the claim that Brohm has shown growth is based on comments by the HC.

Well, actually because Chan Gailey said so:

http://www.courier-journal.com/article/201...ls-starting-job

Now admittedly it's just talk at this point. But the claim that Brohm has shown growth is based on comments by the HC.

He's "made a jump" and "has shown growth" are decidedly different things, not to mention nothing concrete is given. I believe it's a little premature to say that Brohm is "growing." I'm hoping he does, but I'm not going to fall into the "wishful thinking" category of so many posters and claim that it's already in the works.

He's "made a jump" and "has shown growth" are decidedly different things

Actually, in this context they are probably the very same thing. But I agree we shouldn't make too much of it. But the poster wasn't wrong to point it out.

Actually, in this context they are probably the very same thing. But I agree we shouldn't make too much of it. But the poster wasn't wrong to point it out.

I guess we're going to have to agree to disagree then. If you've got proof he's "shown growth" or you've actually seen something either live or on tape then fine. If his HC says he's "made a jump" and you turn it into him "showing growth" after tooting his horn all off-season then you're probably from the Wishful Thinking tribe.

I guess we're going to have to agree to disagree then. If you've got proof he's "shown growth" or you've actually seen something either live or on tape then fine. If his HC says he's "made a jump" and you turn it into him "showing growth" after tooting his horn all off-season then you're probably from the Wishful Thinking tribe.

How can one "make a jump" if they haven't "show growth"? That's nonsense. Even if everyone else declined and his standing improved, you wouldn't use the term "made a jump". You are playing a stupid semantic game here to try to win an argument. It's clear Chan thinks he has improved, which is really the point of saying he has "shown growth" or "made a jump".

You are correct if you are saying this may mean squat. But don't deny what the HC said. He said it.

How can one "make a jump" if they haven't "show growth"? That's nonsense. Even if everyone else declined and his standing improved, you wouldn't use the term "made a jump". You are playing a stupid semantic game here to try to win an argument. It's clear Chan thinks he has improved, which is really the point of saying he has "shown growth" or "made a jump".

You are correct if you are saying this may mean squat. But don't deny what the HC said. He said it.

Showing growth would refer to past performance (that doesn't mean OTA's, I would think) compared to present. Making a jump means he's no longer on the bottom of the depth chart.

Showing growth would refer to past performance (that doesn't mean OTA's, I would think) compared to present. Making a jump means he's no longer on the bottom of the depth chart.

I think Chan was clearly saying he improved from when he first started working with him. That would mean improvement/growth in front of Chan's eyes. If his place in line improved, but he did not, you probably would use the term "jump". That implies progress.