Oakland bracing itself for possible riots

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you think a cop is just going to shoot someone in the back surrounded by witnesses with cell phone camera rolling?

I'm not going to offer an opinion about a person who I have no earthly !@#$ing clue who he may or may not be, and what it is that he may or may not be capable of. People do irrational things all the time, remember Congressman Bob Ethridge, he knew he was being filmed on camera, and yet he still scolded a young clean cut looking kid and then proceeded to put his hands on him in an aggressive matter. Also, it is not clear that he knew he was getting filmed with the cell phone camera. If you remember Chef, the only images of the cell phone cameras are coming from inside the subway, not from the direct scene of the crime.

And anyway, I said I was SKEPTICAL, and that I am having a HARD TIME believing he couldn't differentiate the difference between a tazer and a gun. Which means that I am not making a complete judgement on this tragedy.

I'm not going to offer an opinion about a person who I have no earthly !@#$ing clue who he may or may not be, and what it is that he may or may not be capable of. People do irrational things all the time, remember Congressman Bob Ethridge, he knew he was being filmed on camera, and yet he still scolded a young clean cut looking kid and then proceeded to put his hands on him in an aggressive matter. Also, it is not clear that he knew he was getting filmed with the cell phone camera. If you remember Chef, the only images of the cell phone cameras are coming from inside the subway, not from the direct scene of the crime.

And anyway, I said I was SKEPTICAL, and that I am having a HARD TIME believing he couldn't differentiate the difference between a tazer and a gun. Which means that I am not making a complete judgement on this tragedy.

I believe Etheridge was half in the bag when that event took place.

Also, I believe the jury was equally skeptical, which is why he ended up guilty of the lesser charge.

I was walking out of my place last night to get something to eat. There were two cop cars that had pulled over a car with a black couple in it. She driving and him in the passenger seat. Dude was yelling "let's go, I've got **** to do!!" and the cop said "he's writing it up." Dude just kept yelling. By the time I got to the end of the block I turned around and saw that they had him up against a wall and cuffing him. Nothing good ever happens when you mouth off to a cop.

You obviously don't carry a pistol for self defense. Why would you not have a round chambered and ready to go? In a deadly confrontation a fraction of a second can mean you lose the fight.

most/all U.S. law enforcement have the round chambered and ready to go - still he brings up his left hand like he's starting to chamber a round- I got to believe one of three things 1. he shot Oscar grant intentionally even though he was surrounded by witnesses. 2. he mishandled his gun by forgetting he had one in the chamber and having his finger on the trigger 3. that he mistook his pistole for a taser even though the taser is drawn from the opposite side, has a totally different grip, and is half the weight and he brings his left hand up even though the taser is fired with one hand. What I think happened is that he drew his pistole forgot he had one chambered for a 1/10 of second, then remembered he had one chambered stopped the action and let go, because he had his finger on the trigger instead of along the guard he misfired- personally I think a misfire is somewhat less retarded than the I mistook my pistole for a taser defense but the taser defense relieves him of any misconduct questions from drawing his pistole in the first place.

I was walking out of my place last night to get something to eat. There were two cop cars that had pulled over a car with a black couple in it. She driving and him in the passenger seat. Dude was yelling "let's go, I've got **** to do!!" and the cop said "he's writing it up." Dude just kept yelling. By the time I got to the end of the block I turned around and saw that they had him up against a wall and cuffing him. Nothing good ever happens when you mouth off to a cop.

And why would it? But people realize they can push cops far because the police have been neutered by the threat of racism and police brutality charges. Aholes can just cry foul if the police do anything.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh... Today isn't it funny to see people all over the place taking pictures/video. Why not band together and try to block the enterance... I know that is opening yourself up for some violence. What I am saying is, people actually should DO SOMETHING and maybe people won't bother trying to go through you.

Did I Mr. Joe, radical liberal just stick up for Footlocker! :devil: