Oakland bracing itself for possible riots

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, what's your point? That sometimes cops get out of hand? I don't see anyone arguing that. There seem to be plenty of cases where cops who have gone over the line are severely punished. It just gets a little annoying that whining idiots who have no understanding of what cops face and who have no understanding of the context of some random video clip attempt to label any situation where some thug gets roughed up while resisting arrest as "police brutality".

Since we're posting random links, here's one guy I'm sure glad wasn't roughed up by police.

Reminds me of a bit TruTV loves to play where some shtbag thug wrestled away a gun and shot a cop in the face at point blank range. When the cops got him, they apparently stomped his ass and when they brought him into the courtroom he had a mask over half his face and you could see both eyes were black and swollen.

It gave me a warm fuzzy feeling, but the wet kitty liberal crowd that comprise the crew at TruTV were outraged that these cops acted like people instead of robotic arms of the law. Don't get me wrong, I'm not for cops dishing out their own personal brand of justice, but when someone drops your friend in cold blood and you know you're going to have to face his now fatherless kids, I'm ok with you kicking the dog sht out of the dirty mfkr that did it.

Hey Oakland! Good news! We know that verdict was bogus, and we know that cracker deserved to go to prison, and we know this is another great opportunity to destroy the local businesses in your community, so we want you to know that since we let the Black Panthers case go, we have extra time on our plate and will be there to help you out.

Sincerely,

Eric Holder and Company

Hey Oakland! Good news! We know that verdict was bogus, and we know that cracker deserved to go to prison, and we know this is another great opportunity to destroy the local businesses in your community, so we want you to know that since we let the Black Panthers case go, we have extra time on our plate and will be there to help you out.

Sincerely,

Eric Holder and Company

Listen, I'm very skeptical of the involuntary manslaughter ruling, but this is ridiculous. This is political, Eric Holder is just another pawn under the Obama administration, they know that many of Congressional black members have been unhappy with the way the stimulus funds have been appropriated, claiming that they aren't getting enough funds to help the black community, and this is just another case of "throwing a dog a bone".

Listen, I'm very skeptical of the involuntary manslaughter ruling, but this is ridiculous. This is political, Eric Holder is just another pawn under the Obama administration, they know that many of Congressional black members have been unhappy with the way the stimulus funds have been appropriated, claiming that they aren't getting enough funds to help the black community, and this is just another case of "throwing a dog a bone".

Total pandering. Just like suing Arizona on SB1070. "Look at us! We're doing something!"

Blacks to the left of me. Latinos to the right. Here I am. Midterm elections again.

Reminds me of a bit TruTV loves to play where some shtbag thug wrestled away a gun and shot a cop in the face at point blank range. When the cops got him, they apparently stomped his ass and when they brought him into the courtroom he had a mask over half his face and you could see both eyes were black and swollen.

It gave me a warm fuzzy feeling, but the wet kitty liberal crowd that comprise the crew at TruTV were outraged that these cops acted like people instead of robotic arms of the law. Don't get me wrong, I'm not for cops dishing out their own personal brand of justice, but when someone drops your friend in cold blood and you know you're going to have to face his now fatherless kids, I'm ok with you kicking the dog sht out of the dirty mfkr that did it.

So, when can we expect the rioting over the deaths of these two Tampa cops? I mean, shouldn't some of us white folk maybe bust into a Best Buy and loot some sweet tv's?? Maybe a killer surround system? Why not? I'm outraged at continual black on white violent crime??

When can we expect the human cry over these cops? I know. How about never. Much like the Chinese business owners in Oakland having to board there little businesses up so the animals don't rape their lively hood, no one gives a ****

So, when can we expect the rioting over the deaths of these two Tampa cops? I mean, shouldn't some of us white folk maybe bust into a Best Buy and loot some sweet tv's?? Maybe a killer surround system? Why not? I'm outraged at continual black on white violent crime??

When can we expect the human cry over these cops? I know. How about never. Much like the Chinese business owners in Oakland having to board there little businesses up so the animals don't rape their lively hood, no one gives a ****

You need to be a little more sensitive and understanding of the rage experienced from the young community that has grown out of a past that they never actually lived through, but heard about and saw movies about.

We need to let a few more of these guys free as reparations for the past. If some gang thug rapes your daughter, you should let it go to make up for the long history of false accusations.

They looted a Foot locker, Jewelery store, and haircare store! (Air Jordans, bling, and the best shampoo)

They didn't loot Oaksterdam "University" which was right in the middle of the area.

There was a peaceful protest at city hall with Oscar grant's relatives calling for peace, but after they left, the trustafarians (white trust-fund kiddies acting like rastas) and the anarchists showed up and that is when the trouble started. About half of the people I saw arrested on TV were the trustafarians or anarchists.

Why?

Do you think he intended to kill the guy right then and there?

I have a hard time believing his claims that he accidently mistook his gun as a tazer. They have different holsters and the feel and shape of the two are not even close to being alike.

I have a hard time believing his claims that he accidently mistook his gun as a tazer. They have different holsters and the feel and shape of the two are not even close to being alike.

So no consideration given to the situation he was in, with multiple felons resisting arrest and a drunk, angry mob screaming threats from a few feet away? If he was on the range playing a game of "guess which weapon" he probably doesn't make the same mistake.

How about the the testimony of witnesses that he stated his intention to taze the guy before he reached for the weapon and also to his shocked reaction after the shooting? We ignore those too?

So no consideration given to the situation he was in, with multiple felons resisting arrest and a drunk, angry mob screaming threats from a few feet away? If he was on the range playing a game of "guess which weapon" he probably doesn't make the same mistake.

How about the the testimony of witnesses that he stated his intention to taze the guy before he reached for the weapon and also to his shocked reaction after the shooting? We ignore those too?

No, you don't ignore them, you take them into consideration. It still doesn't change my skepticism, doesn't mean that I would convict him, but as I said, I have a hard time believing that he wasn't able to distinguish the two. One is a tazer the other is a gun, they both have very distinct grips and feel to them.

No, you don't ignore them, you take them into consideration. It still doesn't change my skepticism, doesn't mean that I would convict him, but as I said, I have a hard time believing that he wasn't able to distinguish the two. One is a tazer the other is a gun, they both have very distinct grips and feel to them.

So you think a cop is just going to shoot someone in the back surrounded by witnesses with cell phone camera rolling?

So where does he usually keep his bullets? In his pocket like Barney Fife?

Racking a round in and with bullet already chambered can cause an accidental discharge. You look at the tape and he has both hands on the gun you'd only have one on a taser- it's too fast to see well but it looks like he's holding with his right hand and pulling back with his left and then is shocked that the gun discharges. Again it's hard to tell but he would have to have been on total autopilot to mistake his pistol for a taser.

So you think a cop is just going to shoot someone in the back surrounded by witnesses with cell phone camera rolling?

Yes. Plausible denial. Cops do the strangest things, most aren't the sharpest tools in the shed.

On that note... IMO, I don't think he meant to shoot him with his gun. I feel the verdict was right... It was neglagent and it was manslaughter... A really bad mistake that deserves jail time for his shear imcompetence. If anything he deserves jail for being so stupid as to grab the wrong weapon... And that I hope he will. I still don't understand why the family of the dead is pushing for the best (and hardest to prove) outcome. The verdict was right, take that outcome and be happy that the cop will do time for his stupidity.

Now, if they would have just let him off the hook... Then they have a point.

You need to be a little more sensitive and understanding of the rage experienced from the young community that has grown out of a past that they never actually lived through, but heard about and saw movies about.

We need to let a few more of these guys free as reparations for the past. If some gang thug rapes your daughter, you should let it go to make up for the long history of false accusations.

I've been away for a bit. Did President BO make a recess appointment of Jessie Jackson as Shakedown Czar?

Yes. Plausible denial. Cops do the strangest things, most aren't the sharpest tools in the shed.

On that note... IMO, I don't think he meant to shoot him with his gun. I feel the verdict was right... It was neglagent and it was manslaughter... A really bad mistake that deserves jail time for his shear imcompetence. If anything he deserves jail for being so stupid as to grab the wrong weapon... And that I hope he will. I still don't understand why the family of the dead is pushing for the best (and hardest to prove) outcome. The verdict was right, take that outcome and be happy that the cop will do time for his stupidity.

Now, if they would have just let him off the hook... Then they have a point.

How many days should you get for your own brand of stupidity? :devil: