In Gaily's last interview he said he has 3! guys not 4?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's tough to compete against such accomplished stars as Edwards, Fitzpatrick, and Brohm.

Levi needs at least a couple of 7-9 seasons to be considered along side the "big three."

This is ridiculous, it completely discounts the additional possibility of being a cast away from someone else’s practice squad with an NFL debut QB rating of a whopping 45! NIIIIIICE

I am guessing Levi must appear to be way to green to even consider him as a #1...

I think some people just read way to much into peoples statements. 3 QBS, 4QBs, whats the difference? Look at it this way. If Levi is sitting at least we know the other 3 are performing better than a 7th round pick with no NFL experience. See that? 3 potential Hall of Famers.

When asked about the pecking order of the QBs...? is Brown not in the mix? or did I miss something?

http://www.buffalobills.com/media-lounge/v...f2-b15f0c68758d

No you didn't miss anything...Gailey has mentioned the three QB's who are competing for the starting position on multiple occasions. The very first time I heard about the competition, I thought I heard them or him mention that all 4 QB's were competing for the starting role, but as time wore on....he repeatedly has mentioned that the three...Edwars, Fitz, and Brohm were competing for that role. I thought I heard him say that it's close...and it sounded to me that he was talking in reference to two of the 3 QB's in the competition. I made the assumption that one is Edwards, and by his follow-up remarks about "Brohm making a jump" I felt as though Brohm is the other. I just don't see Fitzpatrick filling that role even though I personally don't want Edwards to fill those shoes neither. Well, that's just my take for what it's worth...and I could be wrong.

There is no way that Brown is ready to start in the NFL, he is more of a project. They would only be wasting valuable practice time putting him in the mix and giving him equal reps. I don't believe he has ever been in the mix for the starting position, but he may be the only one whose roster spot is secure, probably going to be the #3 for a year or two at least before he is even given a chance to win the starting spot.

I disagree with your assesment and here is why. Levi goes to the practice squad..Edwards, Fitz, and Brohm dont qualify to man that spot. If there is an injury, then Levi gets elevated to clipboard duty.

So here's the big question, then. There are currently four QBs on the roster. Will Gailey put Levi on the practice squad and then keep the other three on the active roster, or will someone get cut? The three "leaders" in the QB race are all competing to be starters. Will one of them really be willing to be a third stringer? My guess is no. The logical thing to me would be to cut one of the top three and make Brown the third stringer.

If you have been paying attention to OTAs Levi Brown has been the last guy getting reps and he's getting far fewer than the other 3. I'm sure the pessimist crowd will read that as Brown is a bust, but it's probably more likely that Chan knows Levi will be holding a clipboard for a season or two and that his real starter will be either Brohm, Edwards or Fitz.

PTR

Come on robot, "I'm sure the pessimist crowd will read that as Brown is a bust." That's just a cheap shot. Noone in their right mind would say that at this point.

Don't worry Mrs. Brown, your son will get a chance some day.

+1. :) Welcome to the NFL. 7th round draft picks at QB are developmental projects. He will be on the practice squad. Probably won't even be a backup clipboard holder. I am not saying this because I don't like the guy. I actually do. It's just the way it works in the NFL.

When asked about the pecking order of the QBs...? is Brown not in the mix? or did I miss something?

http://www.buffalobills.com/media-lounge/v...f2-b15f0c68758d

Nope the guy is a straight shooter. He said when they drafted Brown that they were going to take their time with him and develop him for the long term. So NO he has no chance at starting this year and it is best for him

If you have been paying attention to OTAs Levi Brown has been the last guy getting reps and he's getting far fewer than the other 3. I'm sure the pessimist crowd will read that as Brown is a bust, but it's probably more likely that Chan knows Levi will be holding a clipboard for a season or two and that his real starter will be either Brohm, Edwards or Fitz.

PTR

What he said.

I also find it interesting that Levi Brown has become an afterthought. When he was drafted, Gailey said in interviews that all 4 QB's could compete for the job -- that it was wide open. Now, Gailey is saying something different.

Brown probably SHOULD hold a clipboard this year and pick things up slowly, so I really don't have a big problem with this direction, but it does indeed contrast what Gaily said in earlier interviews.

Not really. You're assuming he didn't watch Brown's first few reps and see a lot of things that need work before he'll be ready. Marinos are few and far between.

Strange thing I've noticed about peoples' reaction to the draft. When most positions are drafted, there are pretty much zero expectations if they were drafted after the 3rd round. When a QB is drafted, on the other hand, it seems that he's expected to compete for the starting job no matter what round he was taken in.

Maybe that is just a reflection of the Bills getting more value in their later round picks in recent years.

So here's the big question, then. There are currently four QBs on the roster. Will Gailey put Levi on the practice squad and then keep the other three on the active roster, or will someone get cut? The three "leaders" in the QB race are all competing to be starters. Will one of them really be willing to be a third stringer? My guess is no. The logical thing to me would be to cut one of the top three and make Brown the third stringer.

I agree with that last statement. I think if Brohm does not win the starting job, he will be cut. Trent starting and Fitz as bacu-up purely because he has more playing experience than Brohm.

I agree with that last statement. I think if Brohm does not win the starting job, he will be cut. Trent starting and Fitz as bacu-up purely because he has more playing experience than Brohm.

I think Buddy's view is we keep the best players, so I don't see them cutting one of the three unless we need the roster spot for another position. I don't think Buddy cares if the players feel badly they didn't win the competition, and the players seem to realize they are being given a fair shot. And I really don't see how Brown will be ready to take the field this year, so I don't think the coaching staff will want to count on him.

That said, if a player becomes available that improves the talent on the roster, like Thigpen, someone will get cut. But I could see Fitz getting dropped before Brohm in that case because it *seems* like Brohm has shown enough and is raw enough for the coaching staff to think he has more upside.

So now that the 100% at fault Jauron is gone, Edwards is 100% at fault. I love people who listen to talk radio- to all the critics- the only 100% is how much more Ron Jaworski knows that your talk radio listening to selves. Given talent to work with Edwards should be fine. By the way- I was also 100% right a couple years ago when I said they shouldn't rush him back from the concussion.

ok i realize everybody doesnt follow football or the bills as close as everyone else but you gotta be a real greenie to think levi ever had any chance whatsoever. chan is just being real about it, and im sure hes fully briefed levi on the logic, which he probably already knew anyway

the ONE and ONLY way levi sees the field this season is in serious mop up duty, which for this year is virtually guaranteed to be at least two or three appearances when the team is behind by a billon or more. or if every other qb is injured, which i suppose is TWO ways. hell he might not even get off the practice squad all year

the bills will keep the top three until either one emerges or one bombs out completely. even if all three of those got hurt for more than a single game the bills would do something to get somebody other than levi in to start

theres just no way in hell levi sees any real action this season except under catastrophic events