"Dead Byrd"

Sorry for the silly thread title....

So Robert Byrd has passed..RIP.

A) Long time important leader of the Senate who understood the ways of DC and was a good public servant

or

B) Old school dinosaur who proably should have given up public office decades ago

Im torn...........

Sorry for the silly thread title....

I think it was more disrespectful than silly. But I expected nothing less from the likes of you Rkfast. You haven't a drop of decency or honour in your whole being.

In any case, like him or not, Byrd's career was nothing less than remarkable.

I think it was more disrespectful than silly. But I expected nothing less from the likes of you Rkfast. You haven't a drop of decency or honour in your whole being.

Respect can only be earned, not given. Strom Thurmond also had a career that was nothing less than remarkable but he never got my respect.

Respect can only be earned, not given. Strom Thurmond also had a career that was nothing less than remarkable but he never got my respect.

I'm not saying you have to sing the guys praises. However, I don't think he could have been so bad to anyone as to earn the disrespectful goodbye that rkfast gave him.

Seriously? Wasn't the dude a Grand Wizard?

Yeah, something like that. He also openly and strongly stated public regret for his former ways, stated he regrets filibustering and voting against the Civil Rights Act, and seemed to be very sincerely apologetic about the whole thing. I mean, for example, the guy did endorse Obama in 2008.

I for one, am of the stance that people can and do change.

LOL.

OK.