• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

. . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘”. . . . . . . . . .“~.,

. . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .“-.,

. . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ”:,

. . . . . . . .. ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,

. . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}…

. . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}

. . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:”. . . ./

. . . . . . ../. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./

. . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./

. . . . . . /(_. . ”~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/

. . . .. .{.._\;_. . .”=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, ..”; /. .. .}

. . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../

. . . .. . .\`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../

. . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-”

. . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\

. . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./…..\,__

,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..` ~-,

. .. `~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\

. . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>–

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__

"It's hard to make punctuation mark pictures in the NFL"

links to their facebooks please :devil::D

Ha....even I (well maybe mostly I) am kept from those like they are national security secrets. Their worst dream is that I'd get access to their Facebook pages! I'll keep you posted though :thumbsup:

The crazy part is his threads seem to get the most responses. He's good for business. He like a terrible band like Slipknot that distracts you with costumes and other crap so you won't notice how terrible the music is.

Q: on the avatar... What is that? :thumbsup:

Why shouldn't we have our separate little forum?

Offense

(1) No new QB - this core is one of the worst in the NFL.

Front office response draft Levi Jones and stick with what we have.....

No Clausen, No Mcnabb, No Tebow, No McCoy, No Campbell. Clearly, the opportunites were there to "upgrade" the

position.

(2) Weak offensive line with a medicore center, unproven and inexperienced left tackle, and a medicore RT.

Front office response Draft Wang and stick with who we have.

Basically, we are starting the same OL we had as last year with the exception of RT. Which by the way Butler was/is better than Green. The OL wasn't good last year and I don't think it will be much better this year. Perhaps, slightly better but that's still not very good.

(3) Very weak wide recievers. Besides Lee Evans who else do we have? A bunch of let's hope and see. I'll be watching...

Front office response draft Easley a "raw" one year wonder out of UCONN.

(4) Not a believer that Coach Galiey is some magican who can wave his magic wand and make this offense productive. A coach still needs to have the players....

(5) Will we ever have a receiving TE who can split the seam of the defense downfield? I was hoping Nelson could be that guy but who knows...All the other TE are big bodied guys with no vertical threat.

Offensive Summary

How the hell are the Bills going to win games with that many offensive holes, issues and lack of personell?

Teams will "stack the box" and squat on the short routes thus taking away our running game. Force the Bills to beat them deep which hasn't happened in years and I don't see it happening anytime soon.

Defense

(1) I love the switch to the 3-4. Coach Edwards has his hands full. Lots and lots of adjustments and learning to do. NFL

facts show that this transition takes time and we will be no different.

Good front office move with growing pains..

(2) Who is going to rush the QB? Schobel is gone and he is our best pass rusher. Even with him, our pass rush sucked. I don't know how we are going to pressure the QB. I am not sold on Maybin or anyone else on our roster?

Front office response ???????

(3) How are we going to stop the run? We haven't been able to stop the run for years. One of the wrost in the NFL for the last 2-3 years and counting.

Front office response draft Troup with the second pick.

What were they thinking?????They could have drafted this guys in the 4th, 5th or 6th round. This guy is light in the ass (315) and will take time to develop. Fills a need but he will do little this year and we reached for him. Mt Cody and Cam Thomas were still on the board too.

Defensive Summary

Teams will continue to run on us because the pieces still aren't in place to stop the run. A work in progress

Teams will be able to pass on us due to the lack of pass rush.

Our Linebackers will face passing mismatches that teams will exploit.

Our secondary is very good but they can't hold of the recievers forever.

Overall summary

This year is going to be ugly. At best 6 wins but more likely 4-5 wins. At worst 3 wins.

Of course there will be key injuries to players that make us less effective. It is just part of football and many fans don't take this into consideration.

JUST ONE GUYS SUBJECTIVE BREAKDOWN....... NEVERTHELES, A BILLS FAN FOR LIFE!

Levi Jones, or Levi Brown? i stopped on the first line

Overall, I agree with most of the original post with one exception, the knocking of the front office. I believe they're following through with the plan to build through the draft & develop players together. With a few exceptions, they only get one pick per round, especially the early rounds. You can't build through the draft in 1 offseason. There's no point in going after names like Clausen to solve a QB hole if they don't like Clausen. They have to go with their feelings on players, not Mel Kiper's.

This is a 3 year rebuilding project. Those calling for the quick fix veteran free agents are missing the whole point. Think 1985 Bills when the team had a great draft but still had no starting QB (although we already had rights to a future HOF QB at the time). Even that team took 3 more years, 4 seasons, to win the AFC East, 3 of those seasons with Bill Polian at the helm in the front office. So let's give the front office a chance before we complain about their inactivity. Once they get their core of young players, including the likely addition of the QB next draft, then we can spend $ on key free agents. If the plan works the 2012 Bills will be a major player in the NFL.

This season is bleak, especially in the W-L column. You can still enjoy a losing season by being a true optimist. A true optimist looks at the big picture. Sure I'm pessimistic about the W-L record for 2010, I'm looking ahead with a lot of optimism. Those claiming optimism for this season are ignoring all the evidence against it & rail on the more realistic among us as pessimists. Their problem is they can't see the forest from the trees. They will bag on anyone who doesn't think we're tons better than last year and any time you say something about the fact there aren't too many wins coming this year, they scream pessimist. They will likely be the first to start posting "Fire Gailey" a few games into the season, because the results will be worse than Jauron/Fewell and they haven't grasped the reality of what the 1st year of a three year rebuild is all about.

I agree with most everything the OP stated, I just don't get this 3 year rebuilding plan when the team has been rebuilding for a decade after every new head coach hire.

Look at Shanahan in Wash, he goes out and gets his QB, drafts a OT with the #1 pick and then trades for another OT to build up the basics his first year there. The Redskins are also switching to a 3-4 from a 4-3.

One of Marv Levy's first statements to the media was "we want to get as good as we can, as fast as we can", and those late 80's Bills did get very good, very quickly.

I can understand not addressing the QB position this year. I just don't get not addressing the OT and WR positions eariler then #4 & #5 and no OLT trade or FA just leaves me with that same sinking feeling as I felt last year with Jauron.

I only wonder if Gailey and Nix will endure their 3 year plan once the losses start adding up.

I agree with most everything the OP stated, I just don't get this 3 year rebuilding plan when the team has been rebuilding for a decade after every new head coach hire.

Look at Shanahan in Wash, he goes out and gets his QB, drafts a OT with the #1 pick and then trades for another OT to build up the basics his first year there. The Redskins are also switching to a 3-4 from a 4-3.

Yet, based on history, the Redskins will in all likelihood still stink. Go figure!

One of Marv Levy's first statements to the media was "we want to get as good as we can, as fast as we can", and those late 80's Bills did get very good, very quickly.

I can understand not addressing the QB position this year. I just don't get not addressing the OT and WR positions eariler then #4 & #5 and no OLT trade or FA just leaves me with that same sinking feeling as I felt last year with Jauron.

The Bills tried to trade for McNabb. He said no. No other QB was worth drafting high after Bradford. WRT Clausen, most teams felt he wasn't worth more than a mid-2nd round pick (which is where Brian Brohm was taken). No WR was worth taking 8th overall. And after that, they focused the next 2 rounds on adding players to their defense, which was changing (when everyone thought they'd go heavy on offense since Gailey is an offense-minded coach). They got a promising WR in the 4th, who has just as much of a chance to start as any other prospect in the draft. The only way they might have gone other than Spiller is LT Anthony Davis. But he reminds me too much of that kid from Alabama last year that the Bengals took. He was a disaster. As were most of the LT's in last year's draft, and that was a much stronger draft class.

I only wonder if Gailey and Nix will endure their 3 year plan once the losses start adding up.

How about we see how the team performs this year?

Yet, based on history, the Redskins will in all likelihood still stink. Go figure!

The Bills tried to trade for McNabb. He said no. No other QB was worth drafting high after Bradford. WRT Clausen, most teams felt he wasn't worth more than a mid-2nd round pick (which is where Brian Brohm was taken). No WR was worth taking 8th overall. And after that, they focused the next 2 rounds on adding players to their defense, which was changing (when everyone thought they'd go heavy on offense since Gailey is an offense-minded coach). They got a promising WR in the 4th, who has just as much of a chance to start as any other prospect in the draft. The only way they might have gone other than Spiller is LT Anthony Davis. But he reminds me too much of that kid from Alabama last year that the Bengals took. He was a disaster. As were most of the LT's in last year's draft, and that was a much stronger draft class.

I'm anxious to see if and how often Spiller is used as a slot receiver. Could be a two birds with one stone pick.

Wouldn't mind the negative nancies if did something BESIDES B word and whine all the time.

In this year I find myself writing more anti kool aid posts then in years past......but just cant bring myself to turn every thread I start into a B word session.

I would be all for that board if it meant negative nancies were not allowed to post on the regular board (YEAH like that would happen)

I wish there was a way for the pessimists to back up their negativity by swearing they won't watch a single Bills game. If they are so certain we are going to suck then it's no big sacrifice to pledge you won't watch a game live or on TV. Then if the Bills are good they can suck eggs.

PTR

that was really cool! can't imagine how long that took. but good job.

Thanks, I would like to thank you and most everyone else for being thoughtful, professional, and curtious listeners.

Just wanted to have most all my thoughts on one posting. After about week 8, I will refer this Special Posting" to so many of my fans here.

Another favorite quote of mine " He who laughs last laughs the loudest."

but what if you laugh, and then i laugh, and then you laugh, and someone like Beerball laugh's, and then we all start laughing, and it's nearly impossible to figure out who actually laughed last because somone guffawed right at the end, which proved your quote wrong, and then it winds up being like "last post wins" and this laughing fit goes on for say 390 pages, because few of us have had the superior sense of self-importance to refer to anything that we've posted as being "special," which actually might be the most laughable thing about this, aside from the fact that you've included "all" of "your thoughts" in one posting, which is both laughable and a little sad.

so let's begin: Ha!

jw

but what if you laugh, and then i laugh, and then you laugh, and someone like Beerball laugh's, and then we all start laughing, and it's nearly impossible to figure out who actually laughed last because somone guffawed right at the end, which proved your quote wrong, and then it winds up being like "last post wins" and this laughing fit goes on for say 390 pages, because few of us have had the superior sense of self-importance to refer to anything that we've posted as being "special," which actually might be the most laughable thing about this, aside from the fact that you've included "all" of "your thoughts" in one posting, which is both laughable and a little sad.

so let's begin: Ha!

jw

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! :thumbsup::devil: