Great opportunity for a trade with San Diego

We happen to have quite a few safeties. One in particular might be valuable to the Chargers. Donte Whitner is that player. I have no problem at all going into this season with Byrd, Scott, Wilson, and Harris as our safeties. We're overloaded at the position to tell the truth, and if Nix can't recognize the value there he is sleeping at the wheel.

Marcus McNeil is valuable to the Chargers as well. But, if we sent them Whitner, Bell/Meredith, and a draft pick we can get the deal done. They also recently signed Tra Thomas, so they have insurance at the position. As long as we can sign McNiel to a long term deal, we can get this done.

We happen to have quite a few safeties. One in particular might be valuable to the Chargers. Donte Whitner is that player. I have no problem at all going into this season with Byrd, Scott, Wilson, and Harris as our safeties. We're overloaded at the position to tell the truth, and if Nix can't recognize the value there he is sleeping at the wheel.

Marcus McNeil is valuable to the Chargers as well. But, if we sent them Whitner, Bell/Meredith, and a draft pick we can get the deal done. They also recently signed Tra Thomas, so they have insurance at the position. As long as we can sign McNiel to a long term deal, we can get this done.

that sounds too easy and makes too much sense!, just once would i like to see a deal like that get done. the skins just gave up mid level picks for brown. get that left tackle, the season could be interesting.

2 Questions:

1) Who would take a 3rd for Whitner?

2) Could we get a 3rd for Whitner.

I wouldn't trade for McNeil. He's got spinal stenosis. Way too much of a liability to sign to a long-term deal, which would be a condition of any trade, I'm sure.

I'm sure he'd jump at the chance to come to Buffalo and leave San Diego too. Probably never complain about his contract again...

Why don't we throw in a few more players and draft picks ... McNeil is not 100% healthy and I am not sure how MADDEN rates him ...

Frankly, I am liking everything that the Buddy front office has done so far ... and I am pretty sure they aren't about to trade multiple players and a draft pick for one guy.

The Chargers also released Ian Scott...the Bills would be wise to pick him up for depth purposes. He's more of a traditional NT than Kyle Williams is and could at least give us much needed flexibility at NT with Kyle and Troup. Started a bunch of games for San Diego when Williams went down with various injuries.

Why do you think anyone wants Whitner? He sure talks the talk but hasnt walked the walk yet to warrant anything significant in a trade. For now his best value is with the Bills.

Why do you think anyone wants Whitner? He sure talks the talk but hasnt walked the walk yet to warrant anything significant in a trade. For now his best value is with the Bills.

1. They have NO talent at SS.

2. He is part of a package that would make the trade more attractive. I didn't say it was a straight up trade for Whitner.

Right now, his best value is in a trade. Why? Because Scott, Wilson, and Harris don't have value in a trade, but have significant value as safeties on this team.

I wouldn't trade for McNeil. He's got spinal stenosis. Way too much of a liability to sign to a long-term deal, which would be a condition of any trade, I'm sure.

Spinal Stenosis is as serious as a heart attack. It is the narrowing of the channel the spinal cord travels inside the back bone - either by some impingement or degeneration of the spinal vertebrae, which crushes in on the cord, causing numbness and loss of feeling in the limbs. In the extreme, it can cause paralysis. Treatment for mild stenosis is usually physical therapy, in more difficult cases, fusing vertebrae, metal bracing, disc replacement. In any case, getting walloped by a 300 pound lineman 40 times a game is not recommended. I’d proceed with caution before sinking mega bucks into a LT with any stenosis.

The Chargers also released Ian Scott...the Bills would be wise to pick him up for depth purposes. He's more of a traditional NT than Kyle Williams is and could at least give us much needed flexibility at NT with Kyle and Troup. Started a bunch of games for San Diego when Williams went down with various injuries.

That's right ... let's pick up every single veteran player that hits the pre-pre-season waiver wires because they have to be better than every single player on a team that played almost .500 football under a coach who didn't try to win. :thumbsup:

One third of the NFL was worse than the Buffalo Bills last year ... so we must have at least one or maybe two players who can compete ... but then again those waived guys might rank high on the MADDEN SCALE ... :unsure::D:wallbash:

you are out of your mind if you think SD is trading Mc Neil and definatly crazy to think they would trade him for whitner.

first of all they will never trade the guy but for sh-ts and giggles lets say they do it would take something like whitner our first amd third to pry him from the chargers.

but its all moot because they are never going to trade the guy!

you are out of your mind if you think SD is trading Mc Neil and definatly crazy to think they would trade him for whitner.

first of all they will never trade the guy but for sh-ts and giggles lets say they do it would take something like whitner our first amd third to pry him from the chargers.

but its all moot because they are never going to trade the guy!