Angelo Crowell just got released by the bucs

Just released by the bucs, maybe there was something to that knee injury a couple years back. I always thought he was a good player. I thought when the Bills placed him on IR 2 years ago they were just trying to stick it to him for opting out 2 days before the opener. Kind of a weird thing?

Just released by the bucs, maybe there was something to that knee injury a couple years back. I always thought he was a good player. I thought when the Bills placed him on IR 2 years ago they were just trying to stick it to him for opting out 2 days before the opener. Kind of a weird thing?

i agree completely, that whole scenerio with him just before the season was strange. that being said, guess it remains to be seen if he has any upside left.

i agree completely, that whole scenerio with him just before the season was strange. that being said, guess it remains to be seen if he has any upside left.

Ya, weird scenerio. I remember going to the opener against Seattle, and while I was walking to my seats I heard he was out for the year. Seemed like he had a good preason, wasn't listed on the injury reports, and then like that he was gone. The funny thing was after he was on IR, no one from the bills said anything about it.

Crowell is another of the many who have flashed good potential, but had injuries plague them throughout their career. I remember Takeo Spikes saying that Crowell was going to be something special. What a shame.

Ya, weird scenerio. I remember going to the opener against Seattle, and while I was walking to my seats I heard he was out for the year. Seemed like he had a good preason, wasn't listed on the injury reports, and then like that he was gone. The funny thing was after he was on IR, no one from the bills said anything about it.

its funny, i kept thinking about him after that 5-1 start, and what might have been going thru his mind after he was put on IR. but, naturally, everything turned to garbage and it was a moot point.

Crowell is another of the many who have flashed good potential, but had injuries plague them throughout their career. I remember Takeo Spikes saying that Crowell was going to be something special. What a shame.

Yep, another good Bills linebacker whose great potential was whacked by injury. Spikes, Cowart, Crowell, ....

He was dumped by the Bucs.

When was his upside last seen?

Yep, another good Bills linebacker whose great potential was whacked by injury. Spikes, Cowart, Crowell, ....

And don't forget Damien Covington....RIP....that guy was one of my all-time favorites. He and Spielman were awesome in the middle of that 3-4.

Yeah....come to think of it. How about the last couple of off-seasons? Getting rid of starters right before the season. Crowell, Langston Walker et all. I mean, NOT a good sign when STARTERS are departing right before the season begins.

Crowell left on his own. But still just weird scenarios and not good omens. Funny thing is.....I love how some on this board kept sayin....first..."Well Peters is a cancer", then Walker wasn't that great...we have fill in the blank __________Bell________, and he's a high motor guy or is a gym rat.

Damn...I could just read buffalobills.com myself and blindly follow too.

Hers's hoping Chan the Man can change things....But realistically it will take another year/draft minimum.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :unsure:

And don't forget Damien Covington....RIP....that guy was one of my all-time favorites. He and Spielman were awesome in the middle of that 3-4.

Covington, if I recall correctly, was hurt in pratice during the season (knee) and was never able to come back from

the injury.

Yeah....and he was strong for his size...Marcellus Wiley talked about him a few months ago on NFL Live, talking about how he picked up an O-lineman...and not just a few inches off the ground, either.

Marcellus didn't even know Damien had been killed at the time, either

You could add Speilmann, Covington, and Holocek. Id does go way back, doesn't it? :devil:

I was so pissed when Williams cut Holocek :unsure: ...and not just because I had just gotten his jersey...his nickname in college was Nitschke...the same college that the original Ray Nitschke attended, Illinois

Covington, if I recall correctly, was hurt in pratice during the season (knee) and was never able to come back from

the injury.

just a few days after Spielman was hurt in a game...which forced Wade to switch to a 4-3 defense the rest of the season, bringing in Sean Moran to play the under tackle position next to Mt Washington and Holocek to play MLB...thing is, Paup all but disappeared in that defense...was never much of a cover LB

Yeah....and he was strong for his size...Marcellus Wiley talked about him a few months ago on NFL Live, talking about how he picked up an O-lineman...and not just a few inches off the ground, either.

Marcellus didn't even know Damien had been killed at the time, either

I was so pissed when Williams cut Holocek :unsure: ...and not just because I had just gotten his jersey...his nickname in college was Nitschke...the same college that the original Ray Nitschke attended, Illinois

Fletcher reminds me of Covington. The kid would have been a very solid LB. Don't even mention Cowart to Lori....she was one of the first to point out just how good he was.

Wrt Holecek, he once won a game for the Bills (I believe against Parcells) with a goal line tackle. He was a very gool inside LB, but as I recall he was beat up by injuries by the time he was released.

just a few days after Spielman was hurt in a game...which forced Wade to switch to a 4-3 defense the rest of the season, bringing in Sean Moran to play the under tackle position next to Mt Washington and Holocek to play MLB...thing is, Paup all but disappeared in that defense...was never much of a cover LB

Speaking of Paup, his name should definitely be added to the list of Bills LBs who showed great potential only to have their careers cut short by injury.

Man.. the memories in this thread.. taking me way back. I remember the signing of all these guys.. and the quick disappointment when they went down with injuries.. What is up with our LB jinx?

There certainly was something amiss in that situation.

There is alot of pressure on all involved in professional sports. The player could have been lying or denying or hiding the severity of an injury to avoid IR. Contract year, etc all come into play. With a position such as LB, the ability to run and cover offensive players is key. To negotiate a contract and be viewed as damaged goods does not help contract demands.

I think both sides were guilty on this one. The Bills certainly reacted in a pissy way, but I don't believe that Crowell was completely up front and honest, either.

I agree. I liked all these LBs especially TKO! Wished it would have turned out different for him on the Bills. Guy is a warrior.