Favorite and least favorite vegetables

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool, I'll give that a try some day. Thanks! :thumbsup:

And let me know if that turns a hate vegetable into maybe not a love but a really like vegetable. I'm a firm believer in the reason people don't like something is because it was never cooked right.

And let me know if that turns a hate vegetable into maybe not a love but a really like vegetable. I'm a firm believer in the reason people don't like something is because it was never cooked right.

Sure will. Yes, I would have to agree. I did have some good tasting asparagus once at a nice restaurant. Not sure how they cooked it but it was edible. But, I still generally don't really like to eat it.

Favorite: Peppers (almost any kind), asparagus (raw or lightly cooked), carrots (raw or lightly cooked), celery (raw or lightly cooked), potatoes, corn, snow peas (raw or lightly cooked), green beans (raw or lightly cooked).

Least favorite: Sweet potatoes or yams of any kind (they make me puke), cabbage (includes Brussels spouts), ANY pea out of its pod, nearly all "Chinese" vegetables, mushrooms (I really WANT to like them).

Exactly my preferences as well.

DEAN, GET OUT OF MY HEAD

Favourties: Carrots, Parsnips (love either of them roasted)

Least: Courgettes (Zuchini)

I tend to grow my own veg in the garden and pretty much anything I do grow would make it onto my favourite list. At the moment I am eating young sprout and broccoli plants I have thinned out as greens. Lovely.

It's really simple. You cut the eggplant in half, do not peel it, rub it with olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast it skin side down until it's very soft. Let it cool, scoop out the "meat" and puree it with lots of garlic, olive oil, lemon and fresh basil. Damn, I'm hungry.

And do what with it? Serve it with toast like bruschetta?

I like pretty much all vegtables,I can't really think of one I can't stand. A couple favorites I don't see mentioned here, grey squash and favas. Cook the favas in a sauce of olive oil,garlic,onions,cilantro and red chiles. Slice the gray squash and throw it in a pan with onions,tomatoes,cilantro,a little red wine vinegar and olive oil. Damn good. :unsure: