What Marshawn Missed

Ennjay

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if you watch games 2 and 3 of last year, fj ran so weak towards the end of the games. i did not like that. he was exhausted.....

i think fj should be our number 2. let lynch gather momentum. wear out the defense. then bring in fj to close out the game.

but that's just me.

So a few words from Lynch and suddenly he is excited to be here and now he is going to be all about football. You believe that crap that everyone says, instead of the fact :devil: that he didn't come in until he had to?

He is excited to play football. Don't think he or anyone said he was excited to be in Buffalo.

Better check your facts.. He didn't have to show up. It's still voluntary not mandatory work outs..

So if you were demoted to 2nd string then your team brings in a rookie RB and looks like you got pushed to #3, are you excited about showing up for camp if you think you might get traded? Dude thought he would get traded and was unhappy about being #3. I totally understand his situation and his reasons for not showing up sooner. I am just glad he is in camp now and getting ready to play.

i dont get why we are only allowed to like one back and have to hate the other?

im a big fan of lynch. i like jackson too. theyre different backs so it's almost impossible to say which is "better".

just be glad we have this many options at RB since we have no passing game.

Welcome Back, Marshawn. Go Bills!

In terms of football ability, I think think Lynch is the ebst back on the team. He is at times hesitant while running, and gets met in the backfield, btu I blame that on the horrible excuse for an OL not opening any holes. Jackson, IMO, just knifes in a small crease and falls down for an extra yard or two and occasionally slipps through for a nice gain, while Lynch is trying to find the hole that should have been there but isnt and gets stuffed.

When taking on tacklers and juking/breaking them Lynch is hands down better. Short yardage he is tougher to stop. Catching passes out of the backfield he sucks, but Jackson sucks in pass protection. Lynch doesnt have break away speed but neither does Jackson.

They are both good. If our OL wasbetter I think it would ironically allow Lynches talents to be more visible. He reads his blocks well and is patient to a fault, which hurts him because no hole ever opens up. As funny as it sounds I think the bad OL makes Jackson look better than Lynch, and a better OL would benifit Lynchs production moreso than Jacksons. Thats just my 2 cents.

PS I never expect Spiller to replace Lynch or Jackson. I dont think he will ever play the role of every down back. Thats is 100% based off of his college career and talents, NOT HIS SIZE.

I'm hoping this thing plays out like Brandon Marshall in Denver. Early camp disruption to the best player at his position. Then the season ends and we trade him appeasing those who want blood.

For the record, I like ALL THREE BACKS. I know, I'm a total weirdo.

He is excited to play football. Don't think he or anyone said he was excited to be in Buffalo.

Better check your facts.. He didn't have to show up. It's still voluntary not mandatory work outs..

So if you were demoted to 2nd string then your team brings in a rookie RB and looks like you got pushed to #3, are you excited about showing up for camp if you think you might get traded? Dude thought he would get traded and was unhappy about being #3. I totally understand his situation and his reasons for not showing up sooner. I am just glad he is in camp now and getting ready to play.

I have work ethic, pride, I fight and I am team orientated. If I was demoted to 2nd string and my team drafted a RB #1- I would not concede jack ****. I would bust my ass harder then I have ever in my life and do what it took to be the man at RB. Marshawn lays down and concedes his job. !@#$ that POS!

PS I never expect Spiller to replace Lynch or Jackson. I dont think he will ever play the role of every down back. Thats is 100% based off of his college career and talents, NOT HIS SIZE.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=192151

Spiller shouldered a full load his Senior year. The reason he didn't before is because Clemson had James Davis. I think he could end up being like Chris Johnson or possibly a minimal contributor Reggie Bush.

In terms of football ability, I think think Lynch is the ebst back on the team. He is at times hesitant while running, and gets met in the backfield, btu I blame that on the horrible excuse for an OL not opening any holes. Jackson, IMO, just knifes in a small crease and falls down for an extra yard or two and occasionally slipps through for a nice gain, while Lynch is trying to find the hole that should have been there but isnt and gets stuffed.

When taking on tacklers and juking/breaking them Lynch is hands down better. Short yardage he is tougher to stop. Catching passes out of the backfield he sucks, but Jackson sucks in pass protection. Lynch doesnt have break away speed but neither does Jackson.

They are both good. If our OL wasbetter I think it would ironically allow Lynches talents to be more visible. He reads his blocks well and is patient to a fault, which hurts him because no hole ever opens up. As funny as it sounds I think the bad OL makes Jackson look better than Lynch, and a better OL would benifit Lynchs production moreso than Jacksons. Thats just my 2 cents.

This.

That's pretty much exactly how I feel about them. They're both good, and they both do things better than each other.

Furthermore, if you take away the off the field stuff, I'd be willing to bet that given the choice, more GMs, HCs and OCs would rather have Marshawn Lynch than Fred Jackson. Even after watching all the film on them. Of course, we really can't take away the off the field stuff, nor can we ever really know the answer to that question. Lynch, however, is highly respected around the league as a really talented, tough, hard to tackle player. If he is on a team where the OL consistently opens holes he would be a consistent pro bowler.

I hope he doesn't do anything else stupid, because I'm really looking forward to seeing the three headed monster, and how Gailey works them in together. I wouldn't doubt at all if Marshawn gets as many carries as Freddy, or close to it, by the end of the season, even if he isn't starting at the beginning.

I have work ethic, pride, I fight and I am team orientated. If I was demoted to 2nd string and my team drafted a RB #1- I would not concede jack ****. I would bust my ass harder then I have ever in my life and do what it took to be the man at RB. Marshawn lays down and concedes his job. !@#$ that POS!

+1

If a player has any pride, he does what it takes to prove the naysayers wrong. Even if he thought he was going to be traded, at the very least he should act like a professional and work as hard as possible and not show anyone he'll just lay down.

What have we learned here? As a starter their is no comparison between Lynch and Jackson for rushing TDs. Lynch is the clear winner

Personally I tend to focus on how many points a player puts on the board. Lynch is clearly better at putting points on the board.

Quoting Kingfish yet again:

"Lynch scored more TDs because he has had far more "and goal" carries then Fred Jackson has. Over his career Marshawn has had 46 "and goal" carries and has converted 10 (21.7%) of them while Freddy has 18 "and goal" carries and converted on 3 attempts (16.7%).

He's better than Freddy around the goal line but not by that much."

I then added:

"If you take Marshawn's 21.7% success rate and factor that into Freddy's 18 "and goal" carries, Freddy would have only scored 1 more touchdown than he did (4 to 3)."

I will now also add that if you took Marshawn's "and goal" carries and factored in Freddy's percentage of 16.7%, Marshawn would have scored 7.68 touchdowns in his 46 attempts, instead of the 10 that he scored. A bit more than 2 less TDs in 46 attempts.

So again, IF Marshawn is a better goal line back, it's not by much. In truth, the sample size of stats might not provide much statistical validity.

As far as the other stuff, Jackson and Lynch broke into the NFL the same year.

Except for one year where Lynch had the higher yards per reception, Jackson has had the higher yards per rush and yards per reception.

Jackson also clearly has the vision and/or instincts that Lynch sorely lacks. Lynch always looks to me like he doesn't understand the blocking schemes.

I like Lynch as a player, but I continue to be amazed by how many people here overrate him, IMO.

Lynch has trouble juking anybody. His only strength is straight ahead running.

As the clearcut #1 back in 2007 and 2008, Lynch had a total of 3 games with over 100 yards rushing. He had 10 where he rushed for less than 70. In his "Pro Bowl*" year, he had 5 games where he rushed for less than 50 yards.

So when did Marshawn lay down? He played hard last year. I never saw him "lay down". Please enlighten me?

So when did Marshawn lay down? He played hard last year. I never saw him "lay down". Please enlighten me?

What has Marshawn done to cement himself as the starting RB on this team this year? There is a new offense being installed and jackass does not care to show up

What has Marshawn done to cement himself as the starting RB on this team this year? There is a new offense being installed and jackass does not care to show up

Yeah, but I don't remember Gailey saying the RB position was wide open for competition like QB. So he's not the starter, Jackson is.

He showed his disappointment by not showing up at "voluntary" work outs. Well.. he's there now.. and I'm happy about it and hope he has a great year.

You can be a grump and call him names.. I will back my team and support him.

Yeah, but I don't remember Gailey saying the RB position was wide open for competition like QB. So he's not the starter, Jackson is.

He showed his disappointment by not showing up at "voluntary" work outs. Well.. he's there now.. and I'm happy about it and hope he has a great year.

You can be a grump and call him names.. I will back my team and support him.

:mellow: Go Bills!

I'm sorry to the haters, but I like Lynch and want him on the team. I love his attitude on the field.. he loves football, loves the contact, loves the game. Sure the guy has been a little immature.. I know I was when I was 24.. This guy has a long football career ahead of him and I hope it's in Buffalo. Last year he was all smiles and this year he seems like he wants to get to serious business. I hope we carry 4 RB's on the active.. Lynch, Jackson, Spiller and Bell.

What he said! It makes no sense to trade Lynch unless it is straight up for a LT or RT that can be an immediate starter. End of story. Lynch will be the starter.