Posluszny's Due

Buffalo's got a few guys up for contracts coming up soon, one of whom is Paul Posluszny. He inked a 4 year deal in 2007. To date, I haven't heard anything about him demanding a new deal either, though Buffalo would be wise to extend his contract sooner rather than later.

It'll be interesting to see what the Bills do with Posluszny and others with the current CBA expiring after the season ends. Teams know there will be football again, though they're not re-signing guys at the clip as in previous off-seasons.

If one removes the CBA issue, this is one guy I don't think Buffalo can afford to let go via UFA. I'm also confident he'll thrive in a 3-4 ILB role.

Buffalo's got a few guys up for contracts coming up soon, one of whom is Paul Posluszny. He inked a 4 year deal in 2007. To date, I haven't heard anything about him demanding a new deal either, though Buffalo would be wise to extend his contract sooner rather than later.

It'll be interesting to see what the Bills do with Posluszny and others with the current CBA expiring after the season ends. Teams know there will be football again, though they're not re-signing guys at the clip as in previous off-seasons.

If one removes the CBA issue, this is one guy I don't think Buffalo can afford to let go via UFA. I'm also confident he'll thrive in a 3-4 ILB role.

I also think he'll do well as an ILB in the new 3-4 Defense. The Bills will contend that he'll need another year before he gets a new deal as he may break his arm signing the contract. :)

Another good post. I really would like to see his contract extended.

Btw, there is trouble brewing in Jetland. Revis and mangold are stars, and they both want HUGE bucks. Revis actually wants more than 15 mil. per season. That is insane. I have no idea what Mangold wants, but he is probably the best OC in the NFL and if he doesn't get hurt a potential hall of fame player.

I like seeing these problems because that team is stacked with talent :) . But, they are still the Jets, and I wouldn't be surprised to see them tank. We can only hope.

Btw, there is trouble brewing in Jetland. Revis and mangold are stars, and they both want HUGE bucks. Revis actually wants more than 15 mil. per season. That is insane. I have no idea what Mangold wants, but he is probably the best OC in the NFL and if he doesn't get hurt a potential hall of fame player.

I like seeing these problems because that team is stacked with talent :) . But, they are still the Jets, and I wouldn't be surprised to see them tank. We can only hope.

among the jets seeking to get paid is David Harris. How nice would it have been to stay in our 2nd round slot in 2007 and draft him AND also keep our 3rd rounder? Would have gotten a better player than Poz and another pick. One of the more underrated gaffes of the Modrak era.

I also think he'll do well as an ILB in the new 3-4 Defense. The Bills will contend that he'll need another year before he gets a new deal as he may break his arm signing the contract. :)

Amen, he is brittle. And that makes me wonder if he really is an NFL linebacker....duribility is a requirement...and that has not yet been demonstrated in my view. To much lost time.....makes him of questionable value.

I'm "hoping" they tank only if we are near the top of the AFCE. If not (as is likely to be the case), I'd much rather see them as AFCE champ than the Pats* or Fins, but that may just be me. Would be nice to see Ryan's D smash Brady again and again. Personally, I think the Jets are likely to be a 12-4 or so team this year, with the Pats* closer to 10-6, but we'll see.....

If this, then contract.

IMO he didn't thrive in the 4-3 he survived. Hopefully the switch will do him & the team good.

Nice thing about the 3-4 is it allows LB's to make plays, but Buffalo's will rely on Stroud to make the transition to DE and a rookie in Troup at NT. Those guys need to keep OLineman from getting into the second level and let Posluszny and Davis make the tackles.

I like seeing these problems because that team is stacked with talent <_< . But, they are still the Jets, and I wouldn't be surprised to see them tank. We can only hope.

Marv knew that Mangold would cause trouble, so he drafted McCargo instead. I wish we had the Jets problem of having players think they should be paid more because they are the best at their position while they're still on their 1st round rookie contracts. Instead we have former 1st rounders like Lynch, McCargo, & Whitner. There's also Maybin looking for his 1st sack. Add in Flowers, M. Williams, McGahee, Losman & the 1st rounder for Bledsoe and it's easy to see why playoffs and the Bills are only mentioned in the same sentence when it is: The Bills have not made the playoffs in over a decade.

Marv knew that Mangold would cause trouble, so he drafted McCargo instead. I wish we had the Jets problem of having players think they should be paid more because they are the best at their position while they're still on their 1st round rookie contracts. Instead we have former 1st rounders like Lynch, McCargo, & Whitner. There's also Maybin looking for his 1st sack. Add in Flowers, M. Williams, McGahee, Losman & the 1st rounder for Bledsoe and it's easy to see why playoffs and the Bills are only mentioned in the same sentence when it is: The Bills have not made the playoffs in over a decade.

Great post---says it all.