***OFFICIAL WORLD CUP 2010 THREAD***

ajzepp

holy crap...if Germany wins one of the brackets will have Argentina England and Germany in it

:w00t:

Things are gettin' GOOD!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We could be looking at USA, Serbia South Korea, Uruguay

Uruguay in particular is very dangerous. Diego Forlan is a monster, and I don't know that we'd have an answer for him. I don't know much about the S.Koreans, but Serbia would be a pretty tough match up for us, too.

From out of the Cup to winning the Group in one kick...

That is why I enjoy these tournaments so much.

When my dau was a youth player, we had the exact same thing

occur in a tournament. We scored late and advanced

...and won the whole kitandkabootle

What a sham that would've been if the US didn't advance. Getting jobbed out of 2 goals got me thinking about the handball vs. Germany and some of the PK's shots against vs. S. Korea & Mexico in recent WC memory....

So has the US ever benefitted from a call that really mattered? When was the last time they even had a PK? Sure seems like we have to overcome an awful lot to win these games.

Yes it's gonna suck for the team from Deutshcland.

GO USA

I would never route for my "heritage team" over the US team, but I hope it doesn't come to that :w00t:

Loving the World Cup but don't know if I'll ever be a diehard soccer fan.

The World Cup matters so much players are giving 110% all the time. That makes it compelling. The NBA is boring until the playoffs. Hockey can be too.

PTR

Yeah FIFA dodged a bullet there and would've killed plenty of momentum for soccer in the USA.

FIFA could care less about soccer in the USA. They prefer the status quo of the Europe-S.America power base in the sport, which is why you better be prepared to see more crooked officials trying to prevent the US from advancing in the next round.

lol, just saw this posted by a friend:

Not bad, but I prefer:

Fixed

International

Football

Association