***OFFICIAL WORLD CUP 2010 THREAD***

ajzepp

Lots of big games this week. Today is the last of the 2nd round games. Then Tuesday through Friday we’ll see all the groups get decided. In the final group games, both games take place at the same time so nobody has the advantage of knowing more. Two groups a day will get wrapped up. Lots of big stories. Tomorrow, for example, we may get to wave au revoir to the idiotic, lazy, selfish, egotistical and mutinous French team.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 things for sure. they may have the best teams, but certainly the WORST refs on display.

that guy right now, chile vs switzerland, maybe even worse than the spaniard from serbia-germany.

wonder if they sucked some vuvuzelas to get the call..............

Holy crap, that Portugal game was sick! The Ronaldo goal was hilarious....

As i said earlier in the thread, N.Korea can SUCK IT

How the hell did North Korea play Brazil so tough?

I think the actors that N.Korea hired to act like fans in the seats may have really freaked out the Brazilians :thumbsup:

When the Portugese practice a bit of humility, they are damn good. A helluva lot of fun to watch, too!

Have some compassion. That whole team is probably going to be executed.

Have some compassion. That whole team is probably going to be executed.

That reminds me of the old John McKay quote talking about the pathetic late 70's Buccaneers. He was asked after a game about the teams execution. He said "I am in favor of.." LOL

Right... luck?

How many goals did Italy allow the entire tournament? How many did they score? Are you implying beating the home favorite in extra time by 2 goals is luck? Are you going to mention Australia, of course you would but you would obviously forget that there was a red card given that was undeserved.

Any given day Argentina could score as they wish but once they face a strong defense, they will be shut down. Just ask Barcelona against Inter. Not only that, Nigeria and Korea could have easily scored more goals against Argentina. Their back line looked weak and now they lost Samuel.

Get a clue dipshit.

I trust what I see. Italy got seriously lucky in the 2006 tournament. They played powerhouses such as Australia and the Ukraine in the elimination rounds. Had a very nice game against Germany. And needed penalties to beat a 10 man France.

They avoided most of the big clubs. I think you ask most astute soccer observers that Argentina was the best team at that tournament. But that doesn't necessarily mean you will win it. Once Pirlo was injured, I figured they would be done. He's the only class player on that team that has creativity abilities. Brazil winning in 2002 was great. A great team, won the right way and played wonderful football. Italy's 1982 win was nice. That was a nice side with Rossi.

I thank the football gods that teams such as the Dutch, Brazil (except this year), Argentina to mention a few teams are around to play the beautiful game.

As for Inter beating Barcelona, Inter were completely dominated in the return leg. Inter played the games of their lives and caught Barcelona in the first leg. There was also a Dani Alves penalty that was not allowed that was pretty clear. Off the top of my head, there were 4 Argentinian's on the Inter team. Two did not make the national team, and one is on the bench. Inter were pretty fortunate in the final that Ribery wasn't playing and that an Argentinian's quality came to the team's rescue and got them the victory.

By reading many of your comments, it's fairly apparent you have never played soccer at any level and watch Serie A and the World Cup and make yourself a resident expert to NFL fans.

I just skimmed this thread once in a while - but to answer someone's questions - yes, there are many tactical changes during the course of the game that occur. For the novice fan, what I would recommend looking at how players use space and attack space. Far too often a player is able to attack space and is in a dangerous attacking position but then will lay it off to the wing. Any defender will tell you - thanks. The players that are truly danger - Villa's, Messi', Ronaldo's are the players that attack the space, attack defenders. They force the issue. This scares defenders. This is why they are so successful. The use and creation of space is a beautiful thing when done right.

I trust what I see. Italy got seriously lucky in the 2006 tournament. They played powerhouses such as Australia and the Ukraine in the elimination rounds. Had a very nice game against Germany. And needed penalties to beat a 10 man France.

They avoided most of the big clubs. I think you ask most astute soccer observers that Argentina was the best team at that tournament. But that doesn't necessarily mean you will win it. Once Pirlo was injured, I figured they would be done. He's the only class player on that team that has creativity abilities. Brazil winning in 2002 was great. A great team, won the right way and played wonderful football. Italy's 1982 win was nice. That was a nice side with Rossi.

I thank the football gods that teams such as the Dutch, Brazil (except this year), Argentina to mention a few teams are around to play the beautiful game.

As for Inter beating Barcelona, Inter were completely dominated in the return leg. Inter played the games of their lives and caught Barcelona in the first leg. There was also a Dani Alves penalty that was not allowed that was pretty clear. Off the top of my head, there were 4 Argentinian's on the Inter team. Two did not make the national team, and one is on the bench. Inter were pretty fortunate in the final that Ribery wasn't playing and that an Argentinian's quality came to the team's rescue and got them the victory.

By reading many of your comments, it's fairly apparent you have never played soccer at any level and watch Serie A and the World Cup and make yourself a resident expert to NFL fans.

I just skimmed this thread once in a while - but to answer someone's questions - yes, there are many tactical changes during the course of the game that occur. For the novice fan, what I would recommend looking at how players use space and attack space. Far too often a player is able to attack space and is in a dangerous attacking position but then will lay it off to the wing. Any defender will tell you - thanks. The players that are truly danger - Villa's, Messi', Ronaldo's are the players that attack the space, attack defenders. They force the issue. This scares defenders. This is why they are so successful. The use and creation of space is a beautiful thing when done right.

Brazil also needed penalties to beat Italy in 94. France needed penalties to beat Italy in 98. Brazil needed most of the big opponents to be knocked out by horrid refereeing in 2002. Argentina needed a handball in 1986. Yes 1982 was a nice team. Do you remember how bad they were in the first round? 3 points in 3 games?

No I've never played soccer at any level. Does that mean anything? Did Jose Mourinho play soccer? You don't have to play a sport to understand the game.

Argentina was the best team yet they couldn't get passed Germany? South America is known for producing the most "talented" of players. Only Brazil has shown any ability to really get results from that. The rest have failed more often than not. You play to win the game, not to !@#$ing impress fan boys with nice moves and dekes.

Remember that Champions League is about 2 games. Mourinho knew he had a better team than Chelsea and he showed up with 4 strikers in London. Won the game 1-0 and walked away. On the other hand, he played the perfect strategy against Barceona. Remember that Cambiasso got wrongfully sent off due to Pique's clear dive (where he was caught peeking at the ref to see if a card was given).

It's Inter's fault that Ribery got a red card? That's how the cards fell. They would have won either way. You think Bayern Munich would have gotten in the way of the treble? Go see how many titles JM will win in Spain. You could bet Barca fans will have nightmares of him.

Yes I don't watch EPL or Spanish League. I do have other things to do in life so I follow AS Roma, but I also know what goes on in the other leagues and follow Champions League.

So seriously enough with the random tidbits about things that should have happened differently. In every sport, in every title, you could list **** that "should" have happened.

So anyways, keep gloating about Argentina. Chances are you won't see them have 4 stars on the shirt in your lifetime :thumbsup:

If we are talking about N.Korean leadership then yeah, they can SUCK IT, but unfortunately for their countrymen they decided to broadcast this game and there is a side of me thats empathetic for the N. Korean population having to watch such a humiliating defeat.

If we are talking about N.Korean leadership then yeah, they can SUCK IT, but unfortunately for their countrymen they decided to broadcast this game and there is a side of me thats empathetic for the N. Korean population having to watch such a humiliating defeat.

That is assuming they have a TV, cable, and um uh electricity. I can't picture people in North Korea watching that game