***OFFICIAL WORLD CUP 2010 THREAD***

ajzepp

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My take on the first half....

I LOVE the fact that PrimaDonovan created and took a couple of shots...one of them was almost gold. I also really like him on set pieces so far...Altidore was a few inches away from putting a header in the net. I think it's clear that our ball movement and passing has improved a fair bit since 2006...we're not being disposessed nearly as often. That being said, the back line SUCKS!! I guess we all expected this to be our weakness, but my gosh, CLEAR THE FUGGIN BALL!!! How many second and third opportunities did the English have back there in that first half? Howard's job is tough enough as is....let's not make it even tougher on him.

That "hand of Jesus" goal might come back to be very significant....I still can't believe it went it. Green better file his last will and testament before heading back to England <_<

I sure hope so.

Thank goodness Tim Howard is OK after getting kicked.

When I saw the replay the first time, it looked like the defender's cleat went into Howard's forearm while it was pressing into the ground...I was scared that he broke it at first. He's a gamer, though....thank God he's okay.

1-1 !@#$ yeah! Dempsey makes it happen! Englands goalie sucks! Just keep putting it on net! And the USA offense looks awesome today!

I've been impressed with their ability to control the ball and create scoring chances. Donovan's cross was beautiful, too bad they couldn't finish on that one. But I'll take Dempsey's goalie-confidence rattling score! <_<

The defense however, has been atrocious. They really need to get it together. Thank God Howard is ok.

Some one asked if the USA team had a team nickname.

The defense could be called "Swiss Cheese" since it seems to have so many holes.

Thank goodness for Tim Howard.

:devil:

I like "Sons of Sam" <_<

Some one asked if the USA team had a team nickname.

The defense could be called "Swiss Cheese" since it seems to have so many holes.

Thank goodness for Tim Howard.

I love the nickname for the other England goalkeeper: Calamity James <_<

I was impressed with the USA today. Their passing was fluid, they kept good control of the ball, and they had many good scoring opportunities. Howard was excellent and just might be the best goalie in the WC. And the US speed really presented problems for England. That was one of the best teams in the world. Even though England looked sloppy at times, this game shows me that the US can hang with anyone. Their D is a serious concern though. Bad communication all day. All in a all a very well played game by the USA IMO

Good result against a very good team. Those last 15 minutes were a little scary as England turned up the heat, but Altidore almost had a game winner.

Tim Howard was clearly the best player today, he put on a Milleresque performance.

Looking forward to the next one!

Good result against a very good team. Those last 15 minutes were a little scary as England turned up the heat, but Altidore almost had a game winner.

Tim Howard was clearly the best player today, he put on a Milleresque performance.

Looking forward to the next one!

What's with the way the USA coach dresses? Trying to copy belichik?

Capello must be fuming.

Definitely will take that result...I'm happy our defense held up for the second half, and Howard...wow, what a game. That guy is a fantastic keeper. I think all the time abroad has really helped PrimaDonovan, cause the guy is standing out much more now than he ever did before, IMO. His ball control is better, his decisions are better, and he looks like he actually belongs against the best. Not happy at all with DeMerritt....just a horrid showing today. Bonehead Bocanegra still concerns me a lot, too...wish we had a few more Onyewus back there. Oh well...

We're in good shape for the next two matches, which I expect us to win. We'll get out of the group with a total of 7 pts and be ready for some big matches in the knock-out stage!

I call him "Bob Jauron" to my friends who follow futbol, and they always get a chuckle out of it. I also thought that while the defense was woeful to start, they kept a guy like Rooney in their hip pocket and pretty much a non-factor, which was outstanding.

A lot of cautious futbol so far. I'm looking forward to seeing some more exciting play coming up from Spain, Netherlands, Portugal, Brazil in the next few days. I expect Germany to dominate over Australia later today, but that figures to be the typical somber 1-0 game from Germany.

In the meantime, what a shame Michael Essien could not be there for Ghana. Such a world class player. Ghana still has great energy, but they really miss him.