A good sex question for everyone

I have one question. With so many hot 30 and 40 year olds out there why would anyone want to have sex with an 18 year old?

Exactly

But to the point of the original post I do not believe an 18 year old has the maturity to decide if it is proper to sleep with a man who is that much older. Besides my gut tells me it is just wrong. Once the young woman is through college and has experienced a bit of life - at least mid twenties - then perhaps all is fair game. IMO an 18 year old has not reached full adult status yet.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm 30 years old and recently married, so this question isn't really for me but I find the topic interesting. I have recently spent some time discussing with friends whether or not a guy we know should sleep with an eighteen year old girl. He is 32 and believes that it is not a big deal. I'm not 100 percent sure if it is or isn't.

Personally, i think it's a little creepy but we went back and forth with some decent points on the subject. So I pose this question to the forum.

At what age would you consider too old for sex with an eighteen year old?

This discussion spun off into various other scenarios.

We all know some 18 year olds look 25 but what if the 32 year old is sleeping with an 18 year old that looks 15?

What if the 18 year old is male and the 32 year old is female?

What if 32 year old not just sleeps with a 18 but aggressively pursues them? Is there a difference between one time and a guy that prefers them that young?

I know what the law says, I'm just curious as to what you feel is taboo. How old?

No opinion on what is taboo BUT to be on the safe side I'd check that states minor law statute along with getting a look at a birth certificate. No girl is worth prison time.

No opinion on what is taboo BUT to be on the safe side I'd check that states minor law statute along with getting a look at a birth certificate. No girl is worth prison time.

+1

Most states 18 is legal. But that is cutting it close for a 30+ year old doctor. It can't be good for a doctor to get caught with a 17 year old that lied about their age. It would end up in a lengthy PRISON stay, and he would probably lose his medical license too.

I am 32, and I wouldn't get it on with a 18 year old. ;)

I am 28 years old. 18 is too young for me. 21 is too young for me in most cases, although, I am talking to one now. I just think sexual relationships are unhealthy when based upon pure sex. As a doctor, well, better be careful.

This is an old movie.

Isaac Davis
: My ex-wife left me for another woman.

She's 17. I'm 42 and she's 17. I'm older than her father, can you believe that? I'm dating a girl, wherein, I can beat up her father.

Tracy
: I'll be back in six months.

Isaac Davis
: Six months are you kidding? Six months you're gonna go for?

Tracy
: We've gone this long, well what's six months if we still love each other?

Isaac Davis
: Hey, don't be so mature, okay? I mean, six months is a long time! Six months, you know you're gonna be, you'll be in, in, in, in the th - working in a theater there, you'll be with actors and directors, you know you're, you know, you go to rehearsal, and you, you hang out with those people, you have lunch a lot, and, and, before you even know it attachments form and, and, you know, I mean, you, you don't want to be get into that kind a, I mean, you, you'll change. You know, you'll be, you'll be, in six months you'll be a completely different person.

Tracy
: Well, don't you want me to have that experience? I mean a while ago you made such a convincing case.

Isaac Davis
: Ye, yeah of course I do, you know, but you - you know, you, I mean you, I, I just don't want - that thing about you that I like to change.

Tracy
: I've got to make a plane.

Isaac Davis
: C'mon, you don't - c'mon. You don't, you don't have to - go.

Tracy
: Why couldn't you have brought this up last week? Six months isn't so long. Not everybody gets corrupted. You have to have a little faith in people.

Exactly

But to the point of the original post I do not believe an 18 year old has the maturity to decide if it is proper to sleep with a man who is that much older. Besides my gut tells me it is just wrong. Once the young woman is through college and has experienced a bit of life - at least mid twenties - then perhaps all is fair game. IMO an 18 year old has not reached full adult status yet.

When I was 24, I dated an 18 year old briefly in the summer before she went to college. Not much of an age difference there, but there's a lot of maturity that occurs between 18 and 24.

Today, she's 35, divorced, a single parent with two boys, and just finished nursing school. I'd say she grew up.

I love how this topic has such a wide array of answers.

When asked why he likes 18-20 range of girls, this was his top reasons.

1. Hotter

Disagree 100%. I'm 41, and as Chef said, there are so many 30-40 year olds that are hotter. Why do you think the term "cougar" has entered the English lexicon?

2. Looking to have fun and not settle down

That one I do agree with. Most girls that age aren't ready to settle down.

3. Don't care about bank account

...and we're back to disagreeing 100%. I would say most do care about money, and that's why they date older guys. Ever hear the term "golddigger"?

4. Not fully engulfed in the bar scene and binge drinking. He says he is sick of going out all the time.

If you live in Milledgeville, Georgia this is incorrect. Or any other college town, for that matter.

5. He enjoys their insignificant life problems and lack of baggage

Not untrue, but I seemed to date a lot of women that had, for lack of a better term, "daddy issues".

And BTW, my wife is 41, and still hot. In some ways, she's more beautiful than ever to me. <_<

Disagree 100%. I'm 41, and as Chef said, there are so many 30-40 year olds that are hotter. Why do you think the term "cougar" has entered the English lexicon?

That one I do agree with. Most girls that age aren't ready to settle down.

...and we're back to disagreeing 100%. I would say most do care about money, and that's why they date older guys. Ever hear the term "golddigger"?

If you live in Milledgeville, Georgia this is incorrect. Or any other college town, for that matter.

Not untrue, but I seemed to date a lot of women that had, for lack of a better term, "daddy issues".

And BTW, my wife is 41, and still hot. In some ways, she's more beautiful than ever to me. :D

Ok, I trust we'll get your real opinion on all this stuff when she's not looking over your shoulder. <_<

That's a good point. You don't want to get Travis Henry'd.

I believe 18 is legal in the USA and all of North America:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_conse...n_North_America

A 32yo man who is thinking about going through with having sex with an 18yo girl is a pervert. That's a fact.

I was at the beach this weekend and saw a lot of girls in this range:16-22 and I'd have to say that although they are beautiful, I wouldn't sleep or even fantasize about sleeping with (really it's true) any of them.

Maybe it's because I've got a daughter but I think it's just a maturity thing. I look at women in that range as "girls" and the last time I looked at them as desireable, I was in that range. By the time I was 30, I had little desire to look back at the younger girls. I like a brain with similar life experience to be opposite me. (Now if that brain is in a nice package, that's an added bonus.)

A 32yo man who is thinking about going through with having sex with an 18yo girl is a pervert. That's a fact.

I was at the beach this weekend and saw a lot of girls in this range:16-22 and I'd have to say that although they are beautiful, I wouldn't sleep or even fantasize about sleeping with (really it's true) any of them.

Maybe it's because I've got a daughter but I think it's just a maturity thing. I look at women in that range as "girls" and the last time I looked at them as desireable, I was in that range. By the time I was 30, I had little desire to look back at the younger girls. I like a brain with similar life experience to be opposite me. (Now if that brain is in a nice package, that's an added bonus.)

A 32 year old man who wants to have sex with an 18 year old is simply reacting to natural instinct, not a pervert. The moral implications are, of course, a different story...but he's not a pervert. If you don't want to have sex with 18 year olds, even from a physical perspective, then you are the exception and not the rule.

A 32 year old man who wants to have sex with an 18 year old is simply reacting to natural instinct, not a pervert. The moral implications are, of course, a different story...but he's not a pervert. If you don't want to have sex with 18 year olds, even from a physical perspective, then you are the exception and not the rule.

Isn't being a 'pervert' in itself a moral stamp?

Take dogs for instance, what makes !@#$ing a dog perverted?

Isn't being a 'pervert' in itself a moral stamp?

Take dogs for instance, what makes !@#$ing a dog perverted?

Because it's unusual. For most men, there aren't chemicals running through our bodies screaming "GOTTA F*CK DOGS, GOTTA F*CK DOGS, GOTTA F*CK DOGS"

They are, however, screaming "GOTTA F*CK YOUNG WOMEN, GOTTA F*CK YOUNG WOMEN, GOTTA F*CK YOUNG WOMEN"

The two most ingrained instincts in the brain of any species are...

1. Survive

2. Continue the species through reproduction

Now, an 18 year old woman is exponentially more fertile than a 35 year old woman, making the 18 year old more attractive for sex.

Being humans and not animals, we have the unique ability to deny these urges if we so please. But the thought itself isn't perverted in any way. I'd argue the act isn't perverted either, based on the tenets of our law.