Whitner calls Jauron's team soft compared for Gailey ( Per Nick Me

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you chose not to further your professional development through your own initiative, you don't get to comment that your employer failed you in your professional development.

This guy is a phony. Big deal--he has a few guys over the house so he can pretend he's in charge--who's buying that? He cannot back up his own unreal assessment of himself with his play on the field, so he simply puts himself out there as a team spokesman. I bet the other guys cringe when they read about the fegola twitter crap.

So why does any team waste their money on a training staff or workout gyms? Afterall, it's the player's responsibility to get themselves into shape and improve each season, right?

If you chose not to further your professional development through your own initiative, you don't get to comment that your employer failed you in your professional development.

This guy is a phony. Big deal--he has a few guys over the house so he can pretend he's in charge--who's buying that? He cannot back up his own unreal assessment of himself with his play on the field, so he simply puts himself out there as a team spokesman. I bet the other guys cringe when they read about the fegola twitter crap.

Weo,

Let me remind you that Donte didn't draft himself 8th overall. The Bills did.

http://www.nickmendola.com

"Looking at the way that we work now and the way that we worked as a group collectively before, yes. Totally, yes.”

GE: “I’ve put this very question to corporate leader types, ‘Why don’t you want to come to Buffalo?’ and I’ve heard the same reply every time and it’s one word that word is ‘corruption.’ They think the local Buffalo government is corrupt and recent history seems to support that.

Like when they target Marshawn Lynch...or refuse to help him when his car gets a beer bottle thrown at it? :thumbsup:

So the previous coaching staff was preventing Donte from getting into and staying in shape? They kept him from working hard?

Wow, what a first round D-B this kid is.

Yeah, that's what I get out of this: “Even if we thought we were working hard before, it’s a lot harder now,” said Whitner. :thumbsup:

You're a tool. And no, that doesn't mean I think Whitner is or was worthy of the 8th pick. I just think your comments are consistently and predictably inane.

Weo,

Let me remind you that Donte didn't draft himself 8th overall. The Bills did.

SJ,

I know, but I wasn't referring to "Defensive-Back" when I said "D-B". D-Bag was what I had in mind--he is definitely a first rounder there!

Yeah, that's what I get out of this: “Even if we thought we were working hard before, it’s a lot harder now,” said Whitner. :thumbsup:

You're a tool. And no, that doesn't mean I think Whitner is or was worthy of the 8th pick. I just think your comments are consistently and predictably inane.

Inane, huh? Well, I try to supply data and fact to my posts---and I have been striving for consistency. However, on this topic I admit I am strictly giving an opinion based on my interpretation of Whitner's behavior and public comments (you may have noticed that others have done the same and even share my assessment of Donte).

I read your posts and comments and input, such as it is, and I see you do the same. But I will take the constructive criticism a long-time representative of TSW such as yourself offers to heart. Thanks for taking the time to respond!

Donte didn't draft himself 8th overall. The Bills did.

This has become the mantra amongst the DW fan club. It's never his play on the field or that one, JUST THAT ONE PLAY THAT HE MADE THAT YOU CAN POINT TO, it's "get over Ngata". Did you guys ever stop and think that his mouth to play ratio is way off? That maybe some fans are sick of his average play?

In this situation, he was asked a question and he answered it. No big deal, there is a reason the Bills sucked so badly and it wasn't just the weight room. It was (and continues to be?) an orgizational failure from top to bottom.

It's not a matter of whether he's right or not. A guy who professes to be a leader on the team shouldn't be throwing people under the bus like that. He did the same thing with Losman when he was pumping up Edwards. Obviously it was a no-brainer at the time as to who was playing better, but that's still a b*tch move. The guy's got zero class.

They were soft because the offensive and defensive lines were among the least talented in the league over the last 10 years.

The DL wasn't all that bad. Williams, Stroud when he's not injured and Schobel when he's playing DE are all good players. The DL wasn't great, and part of that was Stroud's injuries, but nowhere near as bad as you're saying. But the o-line? You're absolutely right on that one.

Taking TV's out of the weight room? Maybe there will be more inter-player communication in the weight room, but that really doesn't do much

What TVs in weight rooms do is allow guys to stop concentrating. Now, if Ray Lewis is in your ear, you're a lot less likely to do that, but since Takeo and London Fletcher left, we've got nobody in the locker room to kick butts into line. The benefits you get from lifting weights are not proportional to the amount of time you spend in the weight room. They are proportional to the amount of physical energy you put into lifting, and high-level mental concentration simply does allow you to do more. It just does.

Think of it this way. How many of you could do your jobs with a TV on in your eye line? I'm betting most of you could. I'm also betting that most of you don't have a TV in your eye line at your workplace, though. For the most obvious of reasons. You could do your job, but it would distract you, and would lower your ability somewhat. Not 100%, but somewhat ... 10%? 15%? 20%? Something. And that's just what it does in the weight room. Again, if Ray Lewis is in your ear, you might force yourself to push your limits. But it would be much tougher than it would be without Lewis or the TVs.

Listen to Whitner talking about the weight program being much tougher this year. What's the difference? Think they've started mis-labelling 51 pound dumbbells as 50s? They're using the same equipment. Same exercises, I'm betting, curls, benches ... the usual. What's the difference? Concentration, basically. Whitner said that he puked in his first weight room session with the new group. Why? They're demanding that he demand more from himself. Getting rid of the TVs is part of that.

And the Bills have not done that with Whitner. Which is the point. The Bills have no problem with him. Only you and a few other cranks do.

I totally agree that he was drafted too early. But as pointed out above, that sure wasn't his fault.

This has become the mantra amongst the DW fan club. It's never his play on the field or that one, JUST THAT ONE PLAY THAT HE MADE THAT YOU CAN POINT TO, it's "get over Ngata". Did you guys ever stop and think that his mouth to play ratio is way off? That maybe some fans are sick of his average play?

In this situation, he was asked a question and he answered it. No big deal, there is a reason the Bills sucked so badly and it wasn't just the weight room. It was (and continues to be?) an orgizational failure from top to bottom.

This is exactly why most all players or coaches or any public figure give bland, boring, politically correct answers. And why the vast, vast majority of all interviews have become pointless. Everyone wants a player or coach to tell it like it is and be straight forward. But, then when someone like Donte is open and honest, they get belittled and ridiculed for talking too much or throwing people under the bus or some other such nonsense.

The only problem with Donte's play has been that he doesn't make the splashy interception plays. But he's rock solid in the run defense and has been critical to our overall defense. But, because he's not making Ed Reed type-plays, he's a bust or needs to be cut. I guess.

Under Jauron, the D played a read and react style. If what I'm reading about Edward's approach, the Bills will be more of an attack defense. If it is, and if it succeeds, then we'll really be able to judge Whitner and the other backs. Should be interesting.

The only problem with Donte's play has been that he doesn't make the splashy interception plays. But he's rock solid in the run defense and has been critical to our overall defense. But, because he's not making Ed Reed type-plays, he's a bust or needs to be cut. I guess.

You mean he doesn't make plays on the ball? You're right, the job of a 5-9 190lb safety is to play linebacker. Wilson started the last 11 games of the season and had 4 int's and 6 pass defensed. Donte Whitner has played 4 seasons and has 4 CAREER ints and 12 CAREER PD's!

So it's not about highlight-real plays, it's about making plays (tip or int) when the ball is in the air that can lead to turnovers. Causing turnovers helps win games in case you haven't noticed. DW doesn't have the instincts or the ball skills to be anything but be ordinary.

So let the DW excuses fly, for some reason there were 2 guys in that secondary that played very well, regardless of the pass rush, scheme or opponent.

GE: “I’ve put this very question to corporate leader types, ‘Why don’t you want to come to Buffalo?’ and I’ve heard the same reply every time and it’s one word that word is ‘corruption.’ They think the local Buffalo government is corrupt and recent history seems to support that.

Like when they target Marshawn Lynch...or refuse to help him when his car gets a beer bottle thrown at it? :pirate:

That's right, they only like white running backs in Buffalo.

Well at least to me this is no surprise. I've felt the Bills injuries of the last few years were conditioning related. I guess we'll see if the tougher training regimen leads to fewer injuries. I think it will. It seems like people don't want hard discipline and high expectations but, IMO, they really do. Hearing about this just makes me more sure than ever that the Bills will better last seasons record this year.

As far as the DW detractors go, shut up and move on. DW was drafted because the Bills were going to a cover 2 defense. They needed a safety. A DL was less important at that time. How many of you wished Michael Huff had lasted til the Bills pick?