Article about Demetrius Bell

"ProFootballFocus.com broke down film to analyze the best pass blockers last year, and Bell ranked dead last among all offensive lineman. ProFootballFocus.com charged Bell with five sacks, seven QB hits and 18 pressures on only 248 pass-blocking snaps."

Either he gets a lot better fast, or the Bills need to get somebody else in here, for crying out loud. It would be bad enough if our RG ranked dead last in the league. There are 160 starting linemen, and Bell is 160 out of 160!!! And he is our LT.

0:)

That said, I like his attitude. I hope he has a good career and a good life. This isn't his fault in any way. But the the Bills need a good LT, at least. If Bell can't be that guy, then the Bills need to find that guy before September.

"ProFootballFocus.com broke down film to analyze the best pass blockers last year, and Bell ranked dead last among all offensive lineman. ProFootballFocus.com charged Bell with five sacks, seven QB hits and 18 pressures on only 248 pass-blocking snaps."

To be fair he was the only person in the entire league to start at LT w/ zero game experience who hadn't even been playing with the first team through training camp until a week before the season opener.

Either he gets a lot better fast, or the Bills need to get somebody else in here, for crying out loud. It would be bad enough if our RG ranked dead last in the league. There are 160 starting linemen, and Bell is 160 out of 160!!! And he is our LT.

0:)

That said, I like his attitude. I hope he has a good career and a good life. This isn't his fault in any way. But the the Bills need a good LT, at least. If Bell can't be that guy, then the Bills need to find that guy before September.

Bell missed 8 games last year. A lot of people seem to think playing better is the only hurdle for him. Two words describe the Bills OL: ineffective and shallow.

To be fair he was the only person in the entire league to start at LT w/ zero game experience who hadn't even been playing with the first team through training camp until a week before the season opener.

I don't think anyone is blaming Bell, he had no business starting. He has no business being the only viable option this year though either.

Really makes you wonder what the hell they were thinking last year...

Hopefully Chan can mold something out of the guy, if not, we're in some trouble. Not insurmountable trouble, but trouble.

Let's figure there's no where to go but up for Bell. He's got prototypical size, agile as a -well- basketball player and cares to get better. Lost in his sacrificial offering last year is a refreshing change in attitude from his predecessor.

P.S. Damn, I love those throwbacks!

Don't forget we were also running the no huddle at the time! That really helps an inexperienced player.

D.Bell was put in a very compromised position to start the season and he wasn't very successful. Now he is coming off of a serious injury that ended his season. Man we really need Gaither in here.

I think losing Brad Butler REALLY hurt us too...he would certainly be the starting RT, which I believe would be better than Cornell Green...but he would also give us the opportunity to be able to move Wood to Center, Butler to RG and Meredith to RT...or Butler at RT and Meredith at RG...if Wang beat out Bell at LT, Bell could move over to one of those spots...

Butler would just give us another piece to shift guys around, while keeping a solid vet (Butler) somewhere in the lineup.

Don't forget we were also running the no huddle at the time! That really helps an inexperienced player.

This gets to the heart of how stupid the FO and prior coaching staff was. Add to the mess firring your OC the week before the season started. The rest of the AFC East must have cjhalked up two automatic wins before the season even got underway.

On the positive side maybe those 8 games are enough of a foundation to get Bell to better playing form this year. It is not his fault he was thrown into the fire. We will just need to see how he responds this season. Let's hope he quickly moves up the ladder.